Windows 10: SearchUI.exe using bandwidth I need for gaming

Discus and support SearchUI.exe using bandwidth I need for gaming in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; SearchUI.exe keeps using up bandwidth which I want to be free when I play games. The majority of the 24 hours in a day, SearchUI.exe can phone home all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by THX1138, Sep 12, 2018.

1. THX1138 Win User

SearchUI.exe using bandwidth I need for gaming

SearchUI.exe keeps using up bandwidth which I want to be free when I play games. The majority of the 24 hours in a day, SearchUI.exe can phone home all it wants, telling Microsoft all the things I do "in private" but when I want to play games for a few hours, why can't it wait? It's using more bandwidth that my online game, causing constant lag spikes and ruining my experience. Why can't Microsoft spy on me considerately? How much data are they sending? I don't have a webcam so it can't be video data. It's unreal.

:)

THX1138, Sep 12, 2018
  2. NinjaNife Win User

IP Address Bandwidth Monitor

I am looking for a bandwidth monitor that tells me how much bandwidth each IP connected to my server is sending/receiving (preferably listed in Mbits). I currently have Netlimiter 2 Pro, but that only does bandwidth monitoring by process (it lists IPs but doesn't tell how much bandwidth each one is using). It would need to run on Windows Server 2003 and not have any web-based requirements (it is not a webserver so can't support a webpage-type monitor). Does anyone know how to do this? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Brendan "NinjaNife" West

NinjaNife, Sep 12, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Crash: Explorer.exe not responding and SearchUI and Shell Experience Host suspended

"Explorer. exe is Not Responding and SearchUI and SellExperienceHost are Suspended."

I had the same thing this morning, couldn't open files, drag and drop, to any folder in explorer. Rebooted (and it was a long reboot) and it fixed itself.

Mark the Engineer, Sep 12, 2018
  4. SearchUI.exe using bandwidth I need for gaming

problem? an online game

Hello Don,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

There are some programs that need new definitions compatible with Windows 10. Till the time they are unavailable you can install the programs compatible with previous versions of operating system in compatibility mode. If you can access the executable (.exe)
    file for the game, I would suggest you to follow the below provided steps:

Step 1: Download and save the game on the desktop.

Step 2: Install the game in compatibility mode.

• Right click on the .exe file, and click on Properties.
    • Go to the Compatibility tab.
    • Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for:
    • Select Windows 8 (or any other compatible OS) in the list of Operating systems.
    • Click OK.
    • Double-click the executable file to install the game and follow the onscreen instructions.
    • Reboot your computer.
    Additional information:

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, Sep 12, 2018
Thema:

SearchUI.exe using bandwidth I need for gaming

1. SearchUI.exe using bandwidth I need for gaming - Similar Threads - SearchUI exe using

2. Search.exe is eating all my bandwidth that I need for gaming. How do I kill it?

in Cortana
    Search.exe is eating all my bandwidth that I need for gaming. How do I kill it?: I have slow internet because I live in the middle of nowhere and must use a mobile hotspot through a terrible provider. I peak at 2 MB/s very rarely. I need all of my internet for my active windows. When my active windows are loading slowly, I open the task manager and kill...
  3. Search.exe is eating all my bandwidth that I need for gaming. How do I kill it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search.exe is eating all my bandwidth that I need for gaming. How do I kill it?: I have slow internet because I live in the middle of nowhere and must use a mobile hotspot through a terrible provider. I peak at 2 MB/s very rarely. I need all of my internet for my active windows. When my active windows are loading slowly, I open the task manager and kill...
  4. Any game including offline I run hogs Bandwidth, moment I close the game, bandwidth backs...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any game including offline I run hogs Bandwidth, moment I close the game, bandwidth backs...: I have a 1Gbit Internet connectivity with 100Mbit/s upload and 1000Mbit/s download.It happens that when I open any game on Windows also happen to me with Davinci Resolve video editing software, when after I close it the speed is resumed, and that software that use any...
  5. Any game including offline I run hogs Bandwidth, moment I close the game, bandwidth backs...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any game including offline I run hogs Bandwidth, moment I close the game, bandwidth backs...: I have a 1Gbit Internet connectivity with 100Mbit/s upload and 1000Mbit/s download.It happens that when I open any game on Windows also happen to me with Davinci Resolve video editing software, when after I close it the speed is resumed, and that software that use any...
  6. Any game including offline I run hogs Bandwidth, moment I close the game, bandwidth backs...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Limit SearchUI

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Limit SearchUI: Is there a way to limit SearchUI from eating up too much space in the background? It's utter useless and the only purpose I use it is for the search so I don't have to navigate through the files to get what I want. It causes my PC to lose performance, and it's cancerous....
  8. SearchUI Stealing Focus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SearchUI Stealing Focus: Hi, I've recently started playing RDR2 but every few minutes SearchUI.exe steals focus from the game. From what I've read, you are unable to uninstall Cortana or rename to stop the process from running. Has anybody had a similar issue and been able to resolve? Windows...
  9. System using disk bandwidth

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System using disk bandwidth: I have this issue with every laptop ive owned, ssd or hdd. The system will suddenly start using 80-98% disk for no apparent reason, and when i go to task manager to diagbose what the issue is, it doesnt help. Even after closing all other apps running and unessential...
  10. Online Applications using extreme amounts of bandwidth -- need help!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Online Applications using extreme amounts of bandwidth -- need help!: Hi there I've been using this pc for a few months without trouble. I use it to play online games such as Heroes of the Storm and mmos but recently online applications have been taking up extreme amounts of bandwidth. I originally thought it was malware of some kind but...
Tags: