Windows 10: Second display goes to sleep.

Discus and support Second display goes to sleep. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an older system with duel monitors operating on windows 10. The second monitor goes to sleep during boot up and is not detected in display... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ravenyard, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Ravenyard Win User

Second display goes to sleep.

I have an older system with duel monitors operating on windows 10. The second monitor goes to sleep during boot up and is not detected in display settings. This has happend in past windows updates, but was always dectected and therefore recoverabl

:)

Ravenyard, Sep 26, 2018

2. display goes to sleep in 60 seconds

Hi Diane,

We need more information regarding your concern with your computer going to sleep. Which update were you referring to? Kindly provide a screenshot of your update history. To do so, just open
    Settings, then go to Update and Security. Click on
    Update history, and you will see the latest updates that were installed on your computer. Did you recently install a new program on your computer? What are the exact troubleshooting steps that you've taken so far? This is for us to avoid providing
    the same steps.

Also, kindly provide a screenshot of your power plan settings. To do so, kindly follow these steps:

• Type on power & sleep settings on the search bar.
    • Click on Power & sleep settings (while you're there, make sure that your sleep timer is properly set).
    • On the right panel, click on Additional power settings.
    • Open the plan settings of your chosen power plan. Click on Change
      plan settings on its right.
    • Take a screenshot of it, then click on Change advanced power settings.
    • Expand all the options under Sleep and Display, then take a screenshot.
    • Send all of your screenshots here as a reply.

We look forward to your response.

Joshua Her1, Sep 26, 2018
  3. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Sep 26, 2018
  4. David Haz Win User

Display goes to sleep

If all power option settings are set to Never, but your display still goes to sleep or turns off after a period of inactivity, it could be that the screensaver settings are turned on or configured to turn off the display. May we know if you have checked
    the screensaver settings of your computer? If not, here's how to check the screensaver settings in Windows 10:

• Press the Start button, then type screensaver, then select it from the search results.
    • See if the screensaver is enabled.

If the issue is not resolved, do not hesitate to post back to us.

David Haz, Sep 26, 2018
Thema:

1. Second display goes to sleep. - Similar Threads - Second display goes

2. Display time (seconds) until sleep triggered by idling

in Windows 10 Support
    Display time (seconds) until sleep triggered by idling: In Win10 settings "Power & sleep" you can define Sleep (PC goes to sleep after x minutes or hours). The sleep is triggered if there is no user interaction for the specified time. Is there some variable or something that contains the countdown towards sleep? I want to make a...
  3. MONITOR GOES TO SLEEP

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    MONITOR GOES TO SLEEP: While working on the computer, it suddenly shut down and went into sleep mode. I cannot "wake it" back up. I have checked all connections and tried to power down completely. when I attempt to wake it up manually, it does through its startup routine and then goes back to...
  4. Display goes into sleep mode when I close the lid

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display goes into sleep mode when I close the lid: My laptop goes into sleep mode when I close the lid, how can I get it to stay open on the monitor? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display/82282cbb-1483-4ac8-ad25-93d5be7befbd
  5. screen goes into sleep mode within seconds of not moving mouse

in Windows 10 Customization
    screen goes into sleep mode within seconds of not moving mouse: I have tried to change the power settings, and I even have the screen saver turned on - but the screen goes dark in just a few seconds if they mouse is not moved constantly or typing. I have reviewed the power settings and I have all of them set at 15 minutes or more and the...
  6. ITunes stop playing when display goes to sleep - Win 10

ITunes stop playing when display goes to sleep - Win 10: I just discovered a fix to a silly problem that I want to share. I also want to know why it happens in the first place. I have a new Lenovo desktop running a fresh install of Windows 10 and newly downloaded iTunes. The computer is essentially a music server connected to...
  7. Monitor goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor goes to sleep: I have gone into settings and set Scree to Never and Sleep to Never, so why is it doing this? I have even gone to Balanced which is selected and that is never also. What part of don't switch of does windows not understand? 120663
  8. Second Display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second Display: My computer no longer see my second display. Nothing changed that I'm aware of except the missing display. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/second-display/a180cb04-7e03-4ca0-b627-271a01317896
  9. Windows 10 second monitor goes to sleep without an active window in it.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 second monitor goes to sleep without an active window in it.: The second monitor goes completely black without an active window or app on that side. Moving the cursor over does NOT wake it. I have my display extended with monitor 1 the main display. Monitor 1 does not go to sleep. This seems to be by design and not any sort of...
  10. System goes to sleep within seconds I stop typing

System goes to sleep within seconds I stop typing: As soon as I stop typing, the system goes to sleep after approximately 5 seconds. All my power options is Never Sleep. Any ideas would be very much appreciated. Thank you. *cry 38316

Users found this page by searching for:

1. set display 1 sleep and display 2 wake in extended display

2. laptop second display sleep