Windows 10: Second display goes to sleep.

Discus and support Second display goes to sleep. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an older system with duel monitors operating on windows 10. The second monitor goes to sleep during boot up and is not detected in display... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ravenyard, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Ravenyard Win User

Second display goes to sleep.

I have an older system with duel monitors operating on windows 10. The second monitor goes to sleep during boot up and is not detected in display settings. This has happend in past windows updates, but was always dectected and therefore recoverabl

:)

Ravenyard, Sep 26, 2018

2. display goes to sleep in 60 seconds

Hi Diane,

We need more information regarding your concern with your computer going to sleep. Which update were you referring to? Kindly provide a screenshot of your update history. To do so, just open
    Settings, then go to Update and Security. Click on
    Update history, and you will see the latest updates that were installed on your computer. Did you recently install a new program on your computer? What are the exact troubleshooting steps that you've taken so far? This is for us to avoid providing
    the same steps.

Also, kindly provide a screenshot of your power plan settings. To do so, kindly follow these steps:

• Type on power & sleep settings on the search bar.
    • Click on Power & sleep settings (while you're there, make sure that your sleep timer is properly set).
    • On the right panel, click on Additional power settings.
    • Open the plan settings of your chosen power plan. Click on Change
      plan settings on its right.
    • Take a screenshot of it, then click on Change advanced power settings.
    • Expand all the options under Sleep and Display, then take a screenshot.
    • Send all of your screenshots here as a reply.

We look forward to your response.

Joshua Her1, Sep 26, 2018
  3. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Sep 26, 2018
  4. David Haz Win User

Display goes to sleep

If all power option settings are set to Never, but your display still goes to sleep or turns off after a period of inactivity, it could be that the screensaver settings are turned on or configured to turn off the display. May we know if you have checked
    the screensaver settings of your computer? If not, here's how to check the screensaver settings in Windows 10:

• Press the Start button, then type screensaver, then select it from the search results.
    • See if the screensaver is enabled.

If the issue is not resolved, do not hesitate to post back to us.

David Haz, Sep 26, 2018
Thema:

1. Second display goes to sleep. - Similar Threads - Second display goes

2. My laptop goes into sleep mode after few seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop goes into sleep mode after few seconds: hi, My Laptop goes into sleep mode after few secondsI am so annoyed.all my sleep settings are in NEVER, yet it goes into sleep mode.I restarted my laptop, it worked fine for sometime, but then its going into sleep again.Wondering if the IT team has hidden service running to...
  3. Computer display goes to sleep quickly despite sleep settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer display goes to sleep quickly despite sleep settings: I'm having trouble with my computer going to sleep too quickly. I currently have all the sleep settings set so the screen won't turn off or go to sleep for 2+ hours. Despite this, my computer screen goes to sleep after about 5 minutes of inactivity and seemingly disregards my...
  4. Computer display goes to sleep quickly despite sleep settings

Computer display goes to sleep quickly despite sleep settings: I'm having trouble with my computer going to sleep too quickly. I currently have all the sleep settings set so the screen won't turn off or go to sleep for 2+ hours. Despite this, my computer screen goes to sleep after about 5 minutes of inactivity and seemingly disregards my...
  5. Second display monitor goes to sleep after opening web pages in Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second display monitor goes to sleep after opening web pages in Edge: I have a Veiwsonic VX1755 -17.2" Portable OMNI 1080p 144Hz IPS Gaming Monitor that i use as a secondary monitor attached to my PC. When browsing with Edge, upon opening seemingly random web pages, the secondary display will go to sleep/turn black. I cannot get the monitor to...
  6. Second display monitor goes to sleep after opening web pages in Edge

Second display monitor goes to sleep after opening web pages in Edge: I have a Veiwsonic VX1755 -17.2" Portable OMNI 1080p 144Hz IPS Gaming Monitor that i use as a secondary monitor attached to my PC. When browsing with Edge, upon opening seemingly random web pages, the secondary display will go to sleep/turn black. I cannot get the monitor to...
  7. Second monitor goes to sleep and won’t wake up

in Windows 10 News
    Second monitor goes to sleep and won’t wake up: [IMG]If you have a dual monitor setup and the second monitor goes to sleep automatically without any sign to wake up, this article could be handy. Here are some of the tips to get rid of such problems – no matter whether you use Windows 11 or Windows 10. Also, the same...
  8. Windows 11 goes to sleep in 20 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 goes to sleep in 20 seconds: Have a Lenovo Yoga that has had a consistent issue with automatically going to sleep w/in 20 seconds of last key stroke, unless playing a video. This sleep setting does not correspond with the Power Settings on the machine, and has become VERY annoying... any help would be...
  9. Windows 11 goes to sleep in 20 seconds

Windows 11 goes to sleep in 20 seconds: Have a Lenovo Yoga that has had a consistent issue with automatically going to sleep w/in 20 seconds of last key stroke, unless playing a video. This sleep setting does not correspond with the Power Settings on the machine, and has become VERY annoying... any help would be...
  10. Second monitor goes to sleep mode for no reason

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second monitor goes to sleep mode for no reason: Hello, I have to monitors linked to my GTX 660. Main one through HDMI and the second one to DVI port via VGA adapter monitor has VGA. It's been working fine but whenever I wake my PC up from sleep mode the second monitor VGA one is in sleep mode and after logging in I have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. set display 1 sleep and display 2 wake in extended display

2. laptop second display sleep