Windows 10: Second display keeps flashing off and back on and resizing windows

Discus and support Second display keeps flashing off and back on and resizing windows in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since recent update, my external monitor primary display keeps flashing off for a moment - my laptop screen then flashes on with all windows, then the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RoganDU, Aug 13, 2020.

1. RoganDU Win User

Second display keeps flashing off and back on and resizing windows

Since recent update, my external monitor primary display keeps flashing off for a moment - my laptop screen then flashes on with all windows, then the external monitor flashes back on but all windows are resized. This happens every 45 seconds or so.

I am using a Windows Surface Book and Windows 10. My Windows Surface Book has never worked properly with external monitor - even though I have replaced computer twice and monitor once. But it has always been useable though frustrating until now.

:)

RoganDU, Aug 13, 2020
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

My screen keep flashing

Hi,

There are many possible reasons why the screen keeps flashing, like outdated display drivers or corrupted user profile.

Please answer the following questions for us not to repeat the same troubleshooting steps:

• What are the troubleshooting steps you have performed to resolve the issue?
    • Have you tried to update the display drivers?
    • Have you tried to check Windows update?

Ryan Fra, Aug 13, 2020
  3. Second Screen Display keeps resizing.

My second screen will occasionally resize to where there is unused screen space on the edges of the screen. I try and re-set the aspect ratio but it does nothing leading me to believe its on my PC's end. I then try it again in my right-click Display settings
    but the empty space is still there. It must be a deeper issue but I'm not overly savvy when it comes to deeper display setting. I don't even know where to look or start. Any help would be appreciated. I should add I'm not using pc monitors but small TV's.

DarthChief, Aug 13, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Screen flashes black for a second

Hi,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Have you installed all pending Windows updates?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates and check as driver updates are also part of Windows updates.

Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Also uninstall and reinstall Display drivers from manufacturer website and check. Refer the steps below.

• Press “Windows + X” and select
      Device Manager

• Select Display Adapter and expand the driver icon.

• Right click on the driver icon and click on
      Properties

• Go to Driver tab.

• Select Uninstall and follow onscreen instructions.

You may also refer the link below and follow the suggestions suggested.

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-screen-flickering

Do let us know if the screen flashes. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Second display keeps flashing off and back on and resizing windows - Similar Threads - Second display keeps

2. Windows move and resize when the display is powered off/on. While connecting a second monitor.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows move and resize when the display is powered off/on. While connecting a second monitor.: I have a PC with a 27 inch full HD LG monitor connected to the Display port. At the same time, a 4k HDMI TV is connected to the second screen. Even when the TV is off and not in use, when the monitor is turned off / on, all open windows change their size to a smaller one and...
  3. Windows 10 desktop keep flashing on and off every second

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 desktop keep flashing on and off every second: Hi, I have this issue where my desktop turn black and then normal in an instant. It's working fine when opening but after a few seconds it start doing that. I updated the drivers and can't see anyyhing that may cause this. Please help....
  4. Windows 10 desktop keep flashing on and off every second

Windows 10 desktop keep flashing on and off every second: Hi, I have this issue where my desktop turn black and then normal in an instant. It's working fine when opening but after a few seconds it start doing that. I updated the drivers and can't see anyyhing that may cause this. Please help....
  5. Windows 10 desktop keep flashing on and off every second

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Windows 10 desktop keeps flashing on off every second.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 desktop keeps flashing on off every second.: Hi there,My window 10 keeps flashing on and off continuously. The screen is stable when I login. Then it shows desktop for few seconds, turns black for few seconds and again displays the desktop for few seconds. It is like an on - off light. I am unable to click settings to...
  7. Windows 10 desktop keeps flashing on off every second.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 desktop keeps flashing on off every second.: Hi there,My window 10 keeps flashing on and off continuously. The screen is stable when I login. Then it shows desktop for few seconds, turns black for few seconds and again displays the desktop for few seconds. It is like an on - off light. I am unable to click settings to...
  8. Windows 10 desktop keeps flashing on off every second.

9. Can't resize second display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't resize second display: I am using the Surface Laptop 3 and a USB Type-C to HDMI adapter to add a second display. When I connect it, it sets the laptop display, which is physically half the size of the monitor, to be far bigger. This means when I move the mouse between the two, there is desync and...
  10. Second Screen Display keeps resizing.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Second Screen Display keeps resizing.: My second screen will occasionally resize to where there is unused screen space on the edges of the screen. I try and re-set the aspect ratio but it does nothing leading me to believe its on my PC's end. I then try it again in my right-click Display settings but the empty...