Windows 10: Second Display Monitor Resolution Greyed Out

Discus and support Second Display Monitor Resolution Greyed Out in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I switched out to a new computer a few months ago, and I still cannot figure this out. I used the same two monitors with my last Windows 10 HP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CHBear, Aug 2, 2018.

1. CHBear Win User

Second Display Monitor Resolution Greyed Out

I switched out to a new computer a few months ago, and I still cannot figure this out. I used the same two monitors with my last Windows 10 HP computer, and my Dell monitor is locked in a low resolution with this new Dell computer. Everything is fully updated, including the graphics card and everything is showing right from the online sources I could find, so how do I fix this? The second monitor is so blurry and unusable if I cannot get the resolution changed. Below is some screen shots from my computer.

Second Display Monitor Resolution Greyed Out [​IMG]

Second Display Monitor Resolution Greyed Out b51b94af-64f0-4dcd-a51b-adca0ac38daa?upload=true.jpg

:)

CHBear, Aug 2, 2018

2. second monitor resolution

Everything worked great until I moved my computer. Now, I can not change the resolution on my second monitor. I am using

Windows 10. The resolution bar, only on monitor #2, is greyed out. I tried switching the monitors but either one is stilled greyed out when used as #2. Monitor #1's resolution can be changed , no problem.

Paul m Stark, Aug 2, 2018
  3. Second monitor screen resolution problem

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your second monitor screen resolution, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?

• When did the issue first begin?

• To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try resetting your monitor settings, and check if the issue still persists. You may refer to your monitor on how to reset it.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Aug 2, 2018
  4. Second Display Monitor Resolution Greyed Out

Windows 10 doesn't show native display for second monitor

Hi,

In order to for your Windows 10 to show the native display for the second monitor, you may revert all screen settings back to default, and see if this resolves the issue. If it doesn't, you may try these steps:

• Press Windows key + P.
    • If your monitor settings is on Duplicate, try choosing
      Extend
    • If your monitor settings is on Extend try choosing the
      Duplicate
    • Check the resolution if both monitors are showing the same resolution value.

Let us know the result for us to assist you further.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Aug 2, 2018
Thema:

Second Display Monitor Resolution Greyed Out

1. Second Display Monitor Resolution Greyed Out - Similar Threads - Second Display Monitor

2. Display resolution greyed out. despite laptop previously displaying in 4k on monitor...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display resolution greyed out. despite laptop previously displaying in 4k on monitor...: Hello, Having issues with display being greyed out, I am on a work laptop so cannot update drivers only a company admin can. Previously, it had let me display in 4k on my monitor so do not understand why it is no longer working.Thanks,J...
  3. Display resolution greyed out. despite laptop previously displaying in 4k on monitor...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display resolution greyed out. despite laptop previously displaying in 4k on monitor...: Hello, Having issues with display being greyed out, I am on a work laptop so cannot update drivers only a company admin can. Previously, it had let me display in 4k on my monitor so do not understand why it is no longer working.Thanks,J...
  4. Correct monitor display resolution unlisted when second monitor is connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Correct monitor display resolution unlisted when second monitor is connected: I am attempting to connect my laptop Dell Inspiron to a dual monitor arrangement one 1920x1080, and an ultrawide 3440x1440. When either single monitor is connected, the display resolution is correct and everything works well. However when connecting the second monitor, the...
  5. Correct monitor display resolution unlisted when second monitor is connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Correct monitor display resolution unlisted when second monitor is connected: I am attempting to connect my laptop Dell Inspiron to a dual monitor arrangement one 1920x1080, and an ultrawide 3440x1440. When either single monitor is connected, the display resolution is correct and everything works well. However when connecting the second monitor, the...
  6. The option to change my second monitor drawing tablet's screen resolution is greyed out.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The option to change my second monitor drawing tablet's screen resolution is greyed out.: This all started when one day, I plugged in my drawing tablet, and its screen was super pixelated and squashed. I asked around online for a while, and I was told to change the size of my resolution. But I discovered that I couldn't change the size of the tablet's screen, the...
  7. The option to change my second monitor drawing tablet's screen resolution is greyed out.

The option to change my second monitor drawing tablet's screen resolution is greyed out.: This all started when one day, I plugged in my drawing tablet, and its screen was super pixelated and squashed. I asked around online for a while, and I was told to change the size of my resolution. But I discovered that I couldn't change the size of the tablet's screen, the...
  8. "Hide modes that this monitor cannot display" greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Hide modes that this monitor cannot display" greyed out: The option to hide modes that the monitor can't display is greyed out in the monitor tab in the advanced display properties. I also have the latest drivers for my monitor. How do I fix this?...
  9. scale and layout grey out for monitor with resolution 1920*720

in Windows 10 Customization
    scale and layout grey out for monitor with resolution 1920*720: Hi all, I have a small monitor with resolution 1920 * 720, I want to scale everything up from 100% to 125% but this option is grey out in settings. I also have another monitor which is 3440*1440 and the layout scale button work perfectly, I have attached two screen shot...
  10. 4k tv as monitor in Windows 10 resolution greyed out

4k tv as monitor in Windows 10 resolution greyed out: I am trying to use a 4K TV with my surface pro 7. my problem is that when I change it to be the main display all options are greyed out so I cannot see what resolution it is set to, and it is not 4k. When I change the settings so that the TV is used as an extended monitor...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 2nd display resolution greyed out

2. resolution greyed out on second monitor

3. display detected but greyed out

4. windows 10 second display low resolution,
  5. aoc monitor image setup greyed out,
  6. 2nd monitor cant adjust resolution greyed out,
  7. second screen resolution greyed out,
  8. monitor detected but grayed out,
  9. windows 10 rotation option greyed out external monitor,
  10. screen 2 greyed out,
  11. multiple screens display greyed out,
  12. secondary moniotr is greyed out in display settings,
  13. only one monitor will let me change the resolution. the other is greyed out,
  14. resolution is grayed out on second monitor,
  15. why is my second monitor greyed out