Windows 10: Second display not found after fresh install

Discus and support Second display not found after fresh install in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have an LG monitor attached via an HDMI to VGA adapter. This has always worked fine either on "Duplicate" or "Extend" settings from the laptop. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by tim091, Dec 17, 2019.

1. tim091 Win User

Second display not found after fresh install

I have an LG monitor attached via an HDMI to VGA adapter. This has always worked fine either on "Duplicate" or "Extend" settings from the laptop.

I have just put a new hdd in the laptop and done a fresh install of windows, updated all the drivers etc. Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363

Now my monitor is not found when I try to detect it in Display Settings. I cannot duplicate display but I can extend, or display on second screen only so it is obviously being seen okay by windows.

The biggest problem is that if I try to run a game (Doom) on the second display it changes display to 640 x 480 and (obviously) looks terrible. It ran fine on second monitor before.

Monitor is running off the Intel graphics chip and the drivers are the latest.

Any ideas?

:)

tim091, Dec 17, 2019

2. PC goes into black screen and froze

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's not a software related issue which is why I was suggesting that you remove the video card to start with since it's such an easy process of elimination step.

I'm not familiar with AMD CPUs, I did see that you had listed in your system specs but I had no idea whether or not it has an iGPU

Is there any possibility of you being able to get your hands on any compatible video card at all?it would be the easiest step to try to troubleshoot or at least one of the easier ones. You should be able to get into the bios without anything but A display cable hooked up to the motherboard

jboydgolfer, Dec 17, 2019
  3. Laptop display does not detect itself

Hi,

In regards to your concern, since the second screen can't detect the display settings of your other laptop, we suggest that you perform the steps below and see if it helps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Under System, choose Display.
    • Under Multiple displays, click on Duplicate these displays and apply.
    Let us know the details so we could further help.

Acelyn Alc, Dec 17, 2019
  4. Second display not found after fresh install

What to do with a second display?

i was wondering to my self what good does my second display possibly do for me? i was wondering if there were any programs i should have up in it or if theres a game i could use on it? any suggestions? *Toast :toast:

TechPowerDown, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

Second display not found after fresh install

1. Second display not found after fresh install - Similar Threads - Second display found

2. BSOD after installing Display Drivers on a fresh installed Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after installing Display Drivers on a fresh installed Windows 10: Hello! I have a laptop Lenovo G40-45 with an AMD A8-6410 APU with Radeon R5 graphics which is refusing to work properly. I don't know what is wrong with the laptop. But every time I install the correct display drivers, after few seconds, the system freezes and gives me BSOD....
  3. BSOD after installing Display Drivers on a fresh installed Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD after installing Display Drivers on a fresh installed Windows 10: Hello! I have a laptop Lenovo G40-45 with an AMD A8-6410 APU with Radeon R5 graphics which is refusing to work properly. I don't know what is wrong with the laptop. But every time I install the correct display drivers, after few seconds, the system freezes and gives me BSOD....
  4. BSOD after installing Display Drivers on a fresh installed Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Display static after fresh install updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display static after fresh install updates: Once connected to the internet on a new build and fresh windows 10 install, 11 same problem, the screen shortly after will be mostly static. I can see part of the top is normal. Mouse moves etc. I know it must be a driver of some sort but would like to know how to go about...
  6. Display static after fresh install updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display static after fresh install updates: Once connected to the internet on a new build and fresh windows 10 install, 11 same problem, the screen shortly after will be mostly static. I can see part of the top is normal. Mouse moves etc. I know it must be a driver of some sort but would like to know how to go about...
  7. Display static after fresh install updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. sfc /scannow found corrupt files after fresh win10 install

sfc /scannow found corrupt files after fresh win10 install: There is another discussion with this name but its locked. The first thing an answer states is that if partitions etc are not deleted and formatted then its not a fresh install, yet I have done that, and I have this issue.......
  9. No Bootable Device Found After Fresh Install

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No Bootable Device Found After Fresh Install: I recently clean-installed Windows 10 after finding myself booting into a black screen with cursor post-login after having ran the memory diagnostic tool, and later getting a "No Bootable Devices Found" error after various unsuccessful repair attempts. Clean-installing...
  10. sfc /scannow found corrupt files after fresh win10 install

sfc /scannow found corrupt files after fresh win10 install: I started scan with admin priv. Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline...