Windows 10: Second Display Port Monitor not working

Discus and support Second Display Port Monitor not working in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I bought a new monitor and I connected it to the first display port from my GPU. I want to use my second monitor who was plugged with DVI-D but the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/aku3204, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Second Display Port Monitor not working

So I bought a new monitor and I connected it to the first display port from my GPU. I want to use my second monitor who was plugged with DVI-D but the cable was short so i searched on google and my old monitor supports 144 hz full hd with display port too so i bought one display port cable to connect the second one and when i put it on the display port 2 it didn't work. It detects it but on monitor it says no signal, in windows at display it says that the monitor is inactive. What should I do to fix it? I tried new driver updates, replugging the monitor, pulling out the power cord. I tested with hdmi to hdmi with my laptop and the monitor works.

submitted by /u/aku3204
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/aku3204, Oct 30, 2020

2. windows Can't detect my second monitor

Hi Max,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are having a tough time working on the computer.

I will certainly help you to resolve the issue.

• What happens when you try to connect the second monitor?

• Do you receive any error code/message?

• Have you tried to connect the second monitor on a different port?
    I suggest you to connect second display using a different port available on your PC and check if the second display works. If second display works in other port, then the possible cause for this issue may be discrete video card driver.

Let us try the following steps, and check it helps.

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Click on Hardware and Devices.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    Step 2: Update the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager.

• Expand Display Adapter.

• Right click on the video driver and select
      Update Driver Software.

• Restart the computer.
    Also, see:

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

How to add and use a second monitor with Windows 10

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Oct 30, 2020
  3. zbook Win User
    zbook, Oct 30, 2020
  4. Second Display Port Monitor not working

Windows 10, second monitor is not working

Hi,

Have you tried connecting the secondary monitor directly through the HDMI ports?

You have mentioned that you are able to see only one 'Generic PnP monitor' displayed in the device manager. In this case I would suggest you to check if the Device is listed as a hidden device. Click on the 'View' option in the device manager menu and click
    on 'Show hidden devices' and check if the second monitor is listed now. If not, then visit the manufacturer's website to download the latest drivers and install it in compatibility mode and check if it recognized by the device manager. Let us know the results
    for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

Second Display Port Monitor not working

1. Second Display Port Monitor not working - Similar Threads - Second Display Port

2. Second Monitor Detected but Not Displayed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second Monitor Detected but Not Displayed: I have a YOGA 920 running Windows 11. Here is the specs: Device name DESKTOP-PHBFR7H Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz 1.99 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB 7.84 GB usable Device ID 2C6DDC9C-8454-418B-A232-25A06FEF34DE Product ID 00325-96351-78859-AAOEM System type...
  3. Second monitor display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second monitor display: I bought a surface usb-c to display adapter usb-c into VGA adapter since my computer doesn't have its own VGA port and I have connected them properly but my computer says that it doesnt recognize the connection. I have no signal to my second monitor and I have no idea how to...
  4. Display on Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display on Second Monitor: Hi, When I connected my laptop Windows 10 to the second display through HDMI, there is no extended or duplicate display on the second monitor. Is there anything else I have to do to make the second monitor/display working? I will appreciate advise. Thanks, Verma...
  5. monitor works with hdmi but not display port

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    monitor works with hdmi but not display port: recently my monitor (dell u2412h) started glitching with horizontal lines flashing on the screen on and off in a continuos pattern (1 sec off 1 sec on). then one afternoon i restarted my pc and the displayport wasnt working anymore. tried the hdmi cable, and that one worked....
  6. Display Port monitor not working with windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Display Port monitor not working with windows: I've posted about this before with no help so I'm hoping this one gets more traction. Just to be clear, no the power cable isnt the issue, and neither are the display port cables. I know this from using my xbox on the monitor as well as the monitor is able to show the boot...
  7. Display Settings for Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Display Settings for Second Monitor: Display setting is not working for my second monitor since installing Windows 10 on my PC. It does not allow me to set up second monitor, please help. Have check driver set up, still not working....
  8. How to send monitor a/v to second HDMI or Display Port

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to send monitor a/v to second HDMI or Display Port: I am trying to hook up a vhs recorder to my Dell XPS 8900 computer to be able to record a/v onto a vhs tape. I have tried using both my second HDMI port, and my Display port with the proper converters to RCA input to the VHS recorder. How can I get the audio and video shown...
  9. Mini Display port not working when connected to monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mini Display port not working when connected to monitor: HI, Im using a MSI GT60 2QD notebook with Windows 10 home(1803). When i conneted to LG 34UC98 monitor via Mini Display port, my notebook didn't appear any external monitor selection for my to chooose. I had tried "uninstall and re-install display driver", "changed the other...
  10. VGA Port Not Broadcasting to Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    VGA Port Not Broadcasting to Second Monitor: Machine: Lenovo - Ideacentre 300S Desktop - Intel Core i3 - 4GB Memory - 500GB Hard Drive OS: Windows 10 Processor Model: Intel 4th Generation Core i3 Graphics Card: Intel HD Graphics 4400 Backstory: I had my computer setup and working properly with dual monitors. I...