Windows 10: Second Display

Discus and support Second Display in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My computer no longer see my second display. Nothing changed that I'm aware of except the missing display.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DTOPG, Sep 15, 2018.

1. DTOPG Win User

Second Display

My computer no longer see my second display. Nothing changed that I'm aware of except the missing display.

:)

DTOPG, Sep 15, 2018

2. What to do with a second display?

i was wondering to my self what good does my second display possibly do for me? i was wondering if there were any programs i should have up in it or if theres a game i could use on it? any suggestions? *Toast :toast:

TechPowerDown, Sep 15, 2018
  3. Laptop display does not detect itself

Hi,

In regards to your concern, since the second screen can't detect the display settings of your other laptop, we suggest that you perform the steps below and see if it helps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Under System, choose Display.
    • Under Multiple displays, click on Duplicate these displays and apply.
    Let us know the details so we could further help.

Acelyn Alc, Sep 15, 2018
  4. Second Display

Can you set certain applications to not display on second monitor?

Hi,

This concern may be due to your display configuration. In order to resolve this issue, we suggest that you edit it by following these steps:

• Press Windows + I.
    • Select System, and then Display.
    • Under Multiple displays select Extend these displays.
    • Also, your display screens should be aligned. See picture below for reference:

Second Display 8d44c6af-0a89-41c0-aadc-5473828de39f.png

Let us know if the steps provided resolved the issue.

Dennis Mop, Sep 15, 2018
Thema:

Second Display

1. Second Display - Similar Threads - Second Display

2. Display time (seconds) until sleep triggered by idling

in Windows 10 Support
    Display time (seconds) until sleep triggered by idling: In Win10 settings "Power & sleep" you can define Sleep (PC goes to sleep after x minutes or hours). The sleep is triggered if there is no user interaction for the specified time. Is there some variable or something that contains the countdown towards sleep? I want to make a...
  3. Extended mode 2nd display causes PC to enter sleep mode after 20 seconds of inactivity

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Extended mode 2nd display causes PC to enter sleep mode after 20 seconds of inactivity: When I connect an external monitor Samsung 27 "purchased in 2020 to my PC a Lenovo Carbon X1 7th gen. via HDMI both PC and monitor go to sleep after about20 seconds of inactivity. The problem occurs only if I set 'Extended Mode' to the second monitor. If mirrored then all...
  4. How to use old monitor as second display

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to use old monitor as second display: Hi everyone. I’m having trouble setting up a relatively older monitor as a second display with my Windows 10 laptop. The laptop only has an HDMI port (as expected). The monitor does not have an HDMI connection and only has the older connector (I believe it’s serial but I...
  5. Display Settings for Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Display Settings for Second Monitor: Display setting is not working for my second monitor since installing Windows 10 on my PC. It does not allow me to set up second monitor, please help. Have check driver set up, still not working....
  6. Laptop Screen not displaying after boot, only accessible through external or second monitor...

Laptop Screen not displaying after boot, only accessible through external or second monitor...: I’m using an older DELL Inspiron N5050 laptop that had Windows 7 Home Premium. I just installed Windows 10 Home and now I can only use the computer with an external display. BIOS works, the boot screen shows on the laptop display, then it goes black. Only with an external...
  7. Can you auto-hide the taskbar on only the second display?

Can you auto-hide the taskbar on only the second display?: I'm looking to have the taskbar on the main display stay static while the taskbar on the second display has the auto-hide function. I've been looking around the internet and it seems my only options are to have it auto hide on both displays, remove it entirely on the second...
  8. How to send monitor a/v to second HDMI or Display Port

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to send monitor a/v to second HDMI or Display Port: I am trying to hook up a vhs recorder to my Dell XPS 8900 computer to be able to record a/v onto a vhs tape. I have tried using both my second HDMI port, and my Display port with the proper converters to RCA input to the VHS recorder. How can I get the audio and video shown...
  9. Second display not found after fresh install

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Second display not found after fresh install: I have an LG monitor attached via an HDMI to VGA adapter. This has always worked fine either on "Duplicate" or "Extend" settings from the laptop. I have just put a new hdd in the laptop and done a fresh install of windows, updated all the drivers etc. Version 10.0.18363...
  10. Cursor Not Accurate on Second / Third Display

Cursor Not Accurate on Second / Third Display: I just got a new Laptop from work and our helpdesk can't seem to resolve the issue. I have two external DVI connected monitors to my Dell D6000 USB Dock. I use the laptop display as well in the middle right below the other two monitors. When my pointer is on the laptop...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone second display