Windows 10: second explorer process taking too much ram

Discus and support second explorer process taking too much ram in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a secondary explorer.exe process that's only showing when I sign in to my user account (not other accounts) that's taking 2.5GB of ram, I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/1shot1kill1dab, Apr 11, 2021.

1. second explorer process taking too much ram

I have a secondary explorer.exe process that's only showing when I sign in to my user account (not other accounts) that's taking 2.5GB of ram, I tried ending the process tree but it keeps restarting everytime.

I used malwarebytes and ccleaner but I still have the issue.

I also cleaned my desktop, uninstalled unnecessary software.

any idea on how to fix this?

submitted by /u/1shot1kill1dab
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/1shot1kill1dab, Apr 11, 2021
  2. SASA1024 Win User

Windows explorer taking almost all RAM

This worked temporary for me. After a system restart, it was taking lots of RAM like before.

Had to do the steps again

I had the same problem on Windows 10 with 8GB RAM, and restarting Explorer didn't work for me. The following may work:

• Open Task Manager
    • On the Details tab, find explorer.exe
    • Right-click on it and choose End process tree
    • Confirm End process tree

Some windows might close; the task bar also disappears.

• Now in Task Manager's File menu, click on Run new task.
    • Type explorer.exe in the bar. Click OK.

SASA1024, Apr 11, 2021
  3. Internet Explorer uses a lot of RAM

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per your description, I understand that internet explorer is consuming more ram space. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may arise due to:

• Opening multiple tabs at a time.
    • Using add-on.
    • Virus.
    • Multiple internet explorer opens in Task manager.
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and also check whether multiple Internet explorer process are running at the same time.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Del
    • Open Task manager.
    • Click on Detail Tab.
    • You will see MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe file.
    • Right Click and End Task.
    • Restart the computer.
    If the issue persists, I suggest you to perform virus scan by using Windows Defender Offline Beta from the below link and check if it helps.

Help protect my PC with Microsoft Defender Offline

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Apr 11, 2021
  4. MicroZo Win User

second explorer process taking too much ram

Internet Explorer uses a lot of RAM

There is no MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe file in the details list.

MicroZo, Apr 11, 2021
Thema:

second explorer process taking too much ram

1. second explorer process taking too much ram - Similar Threads - second explorer process

2. "Start" process consuming too much RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Start" process consuming too much RAM: Lately some of my apps started to crash because of insufficient memory. When I checked the task manager, I saw that the "Start" process was eating about 4GB's of RAM. I killed the process and it did go back to normal. But it happens every once in a while with seemingly no...
  3. "Start" process consuming too much RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Start" process consuming too much RAM: Lately some of my apps started to crash because of insufficient memory. When I checked the task manager, I saw that the "Start" process was eating about 4GB's of RAM. I killed the process and it did go back to normal. But it happens every once in a while with seemingly no...
  4. Some processes are consuming too much ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some processes are consuming too much ram: Hi there! I am on the latest version of windows 11 and I am facing this issue recently. When I boot up, the ram consumed is most by Desktop windows manager now this process has been consuming ram lately never saw it in first place utilizing so much of ram - about 200mb,...
  5. Some processes are consuming too much ram

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some processes are consuming too much ram: Hi there! I am on the latest version of windows 11 and I am facing this issue recently. When I boot up, the ram consumed is most by Desktop windows manager now this process has been consuming ram lately never saw it in first place utilizing so much of ram - about 200mb,...
  6. dwm exe taking too much ram

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dwm exe taking too much ram: so, ive had this problem few weeks ago, and it annoys me because i had to restart almost everyday. hope someone could help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dwm-exe-taking-too-much-ram/e8a7fb6d-a9c2-4c4a-b2e4-c6a4376104bf
  7. DWM.exe taking too much RAM

DWM.exe taking too much RAM: few days ago, i post "desktop windows manager taking too much RAM" and i fixed the problem by updating my drivers using support assist. few days later, today DWM.exe start to taking lots of RAM again. i dont know whats the problem, i updated all windows version, updated...
  8. Too much RAM taking up, for no reason.

Too much RAM taking up, for no reason.: Well Since a few days, my RAM has always been at 60% or more, even when I just start my computer, at the starting, only RAM always displays 60% or sometimes even more with no apps even being opened. I have a few apps installed only, which are the Basic apps Windows 10...
  9. Service host taking too much ram

Service host taking too much ram: How do I fix this as I barely have 3-4 GB ram left out of 8GB [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/service-host-taking-too-much-ram/aa6f3e12-641d-4daf-9bc3-43d47487d72a
  10. Windows Photos takes too much RAM !

Windows Photos takes too much RAM !: Hello ! I am having problem with Windows Photos. First when I open two images and minimize them, the RAM Usage starts to grow each 10 seconds. So for 10 minutes it goes from 200MB to 10GB and my PC Becomes unusable even when I have 64GB, untill I kill the process. This is...