Windows 10: Second Hand GPU Getting Bad_Pool_Caller

Discus and support Second Hand GPU Getting Bad_Pool_Caller in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I bought a second hand MSI GTX 1080 TI (upgrading form a GTX 1070) and I get the Bad_Pool_Caller when I play The Witcher 3, the drivers are up to date... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Welshy_, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Welshy_ Win User

Second Hand GPU Getting Bad_Pool_Caller

I bought a second hand MSI GTX 1080 TI (upgrading form a GTX 1070) and I get the Bad_Pool_Caller when I play The Witcher 3, the drivers are up to date on the GeForce Experience.

Could the GPU be faulty?

:)

Welshy_, Dec 5, 2018
  2. AllanP Win User

Bad_Pool_Caller

I have read quite a few "Bad_Pool_Caller" posts and none that I've read have been any help. It really is getting frustrating; as many as three times in a day. I've tried safe mode, but couldn't figure anything from that. In fact as I write here I'm expecting a crash. Jeez this really is a backward step. I don't remember windows 3 crashing like this with no explanation as to what is causing the crash. I have a Dell Studio 1747 laptop (six years old now). I installed a 240GB SSD drive a week or so ago. I can't remember if I had these BSOD's with the old drive. I've attached the suggested system file from previous posts. I notice ads to repair this problem, but hesitate to try them; any suggestions on that.

Thanks, Allan

AllanP, Dec 5, 2018
  3. Ramon Imp Win User
    Bad_pool_caller

Hi Donald,

BAD_POOL_CALLER is a blue screen error that happens whenever your PC encounters something that it can't process. This error will make your computer crash to prevent further damage to your system. For us to be able to isolate the problem, kindly answer the
    following questions:

• Did you make any changes to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Does the problem persist after restarting your computer?
    • Have you taken any troubleshooting steps so far?

We recommend that you check this
    article
    and follow the steps provided on how to troubleshoot blue screen errors in Windows 10.

Keep us posted and we'll be willing to assist you further.

Ramon Imp, Dec 5, 2018
  4. Second Hand GPU Getting Bad_Pool_Caller

having issues with multi GPU

I’m trying to offload certain apps to my iGPU on the second screen, using the new graphics settings in the recent win 10 release. the issue is it’s only showing my 1070. lists it as both power saving GPU, and
    high performance GPU.

I’ve been fiddling for a while now with no joy, and i’m really hoping one of you guys has an idea they can suggest to sort this!

I can extend onto the second screen no probs with it plugged into the iGPU, but the 1070 is still listed as both power saving GPU and high performance GPU.

Are there requirements for this? certain level of iGPU for it to work?

Thanks

Edit - setting the secondary screen connected to the iGPU to be the "main" display in graphics settings makes my iGPU show as both power saving and high performance GPU, I just can't seem to get them
    to be one and not the other.

GaryDougall, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

Second Hand GPU Getting Bad_Pool_Caller

1. Second Hand GPU Getting Bad_Pool_Caller - Similar Threads - Second Hand GPU

2. Second hand PC administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Second hand PC administrator: I bought a second hand PC and I can't remove the administrator and there are malwares such as TeamViewer and Ghost ToolBox. Anyone help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/second-hand-pc-administrator/54e44bc2-b213-48dc-a056-cbffab46c3c0
  3. Purchased a second hand computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Purchased a second hand computer: Hi there!I would just like to ask what are the best ways to go about this.I bought a second hand laptop and it came with Windows 10 Pro installed and activated. The previous owner purchased the laptop with an unactivated Windows 10. When I purchased it from him, he said he...
  4. BSOD - BAD_POOL_CALLER

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - BAD_POOL_CALLER: Hello, I've been experiencing some troubles using my computer. The main problem is: it's crashing every single hour of use with the BSOD (Bug Check String: BAD_POOL_CALLER). I've used BlueScreenView to check more details about the crash. Also, I've followed some procedures,...
  5. Second hand surface laptop

Second hand surface laptop: We recently purchased a brand new Microsoft Surface Laptop for work. It is a great product, however after using it for a week found it was incompatible with our work systems and went and purchased a Microsoft Surface Pro. We've uninstalled everything and completed a "Hard...
  6. Second Hand PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Second Hand PC: I recently purchased a computer second hand, to which it worked perfectly in his home. To when I got home, I was hit with Activate Windows. So using my old Windows 10 activation code from my old pc, I am hit with "We can't activate windows on this device as we can't...
  7. Please help! i get BSOD with this "bad_pool_caller" memory ....

Please help! i get BSOD with this "bad_pool_caller" memory ....: Please help! i get BSOD with this "bad_pool_caller" it said something abot memory but i dont understand the error. I include the attachment as well. Thank you all. 57649
  8. Bad_Pool_Caller

Bad_Pool_Caller: I have read quite a few "Bad_Pool_Caller" posts and none that I've read have been any help. It really is getting frustrating; as many as three times in a day. I've tried safe mode, but couldn't figure anything from that. In fact as I write here I'm expecting a crash. Jeez...
  9. Bad_Pool_Caller Error, still getting it .

Bad_Pool_Caller Error, still getting it .: Hi guys so I followed the instructions and uninstalled Kapersky Antivirus. Still getting the Bad Pool Called Blue Screen now and again. Also finding I can not turn on my windows defender it just keeps turning it self back off again instantly. I have uploaded the dmp files....
  10. Bad_pool_caller

Bad_pool_caller: Hello people of tenforums *Smile A couple of years ago i posted in the windows 8 equivalent of your forums, and had an issue with a BSOD resolved. A new issue has arisen, and hopefully you can help me solve it again. I've attached the report as requested in the guidelines...