Windows 10: Second Hand laptop with license issue? or was I scammed?

Discus and support Second Hand laptop with license issue? or was I scammed? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello all. A month or two ago I bought a HP laptop with windows 10 pro but the device has a windows 7 sticker on it. I use this laptop for personal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MemFizz, May 25, 2019.

1. MemFizz Win User

Second Hand laptop with license issue? or was I scammed?

Hello all.

A month or two ago I bought a HP laptop with windows 10 pro but the device has a windows 7 sticker on it. I use this laptop for personal use and today I logged on to find my license is expiring in a month.

The seller did not tell me this or that the laptop was running windows 10, nevermind windows 10 pro.

Second Hand laptop with license issue? or was I scammed? bd6da0cf-e234-4774-912b-6ad92b58d95b?upload=true.png

When I received the laptop, I reset it and set it back up. I selected that it was for home/personal use.

Nowhere in the set up was a license mentioned. I only found out today.

What should I do?

:)

MemFizz, May 25, 2019

2. Windows 10 digital license second hand

If I buy a second hand computer with a windows 10 digital license and I reinstall windows 10 will it activate if the guy I bought it from used his account to get the license?

Sindrathion, May 25, 2019
  3. Microsoft License Scam??

Yes that's definitely a scam.

Windows will never call you and warn you about your license expiring.

I suggest blocking the number immediately that calls you.

Zackary Vanosdol, May 25, 2019
  4. clam1952 Win User

clam1952, May 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Second Hand laptop with license issue? or was I scammed? - Similar Threads - Second Hand laptop

2. Second-hand laptop Admin problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second-hand laptop Admin problems: Got a second-hand laptop with W11. Old owner still on as Admin. MS365,etc downloads all to his folder. Made myself an Admin but still can't move or control files or make shortcuts. Should I start all over from scratch or is it retrievable?...
  3. Second-hand laptop Admin problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second-hand laptop Admin problems: Got a second-hand laptop with W11. Old owner still on as Admin. MS365,etc downloads all to his folder. Made myself an Admin but still can't move or control files or make shortcuts. Should I start all over from scratch or is it retrievable?...
  4. Product Key Activation for second hand laptop?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Product Key Activation for second hand laptop?: I got a notification on my acer laptop touchscreen saying the windows 10 enterprise licence will expire soon and that I need a product key or something. I tried looking for ways to find the product key, but this is a second- hand laptop, I didn't receive the packaging or...
  5. Product Key Activation for second hand laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Product Key Activation for second hand laptop?: I got a notification on my acer laptop touchscreen saying the windows 10 enterprise licence will expire soon and that I need a product key or something. I tried looking for ways to find the product key, but this is a second- hand laptop, I didn't receive the packaging or...
  6. Was malware installed on my second-hand laptop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Was malware installed on my second-hand laptop?: My friend gave me his old laptop. It's an HP envy x360. When he gave it to me there was a usb he said he used to download windows. I'm wondering why he didn't just restore it to factory settings/ why he needed the usb. I ran some free anti-virus softwares (avast and avira)...
  7. second hand PC with MAK license key?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    second hand PC with MAK license key?: I recently bought a used PC, with Windows 10, on eBay. It had an asset tag on it, so clearly came from a business of some sort. It didn't come with a Windows product key and I was told it has a 'digital license'. Belarc says that the key is not stored on the computer. I found...
  8. Cannot access disk on second hand laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot access disk on second hand laptop: I have a lenovo laptop G580 with windows 8 I just bought at a yardsale today lady said it turns on well it does and it says. Harddisk Security. SATA Port O. WDC. WD7500BPKX-OOHPaJLock can anyone tell me how to bypass this password please 155025
  9. i purchased a second hand laptop from ebay

in Windows 10 Customization
    i purchased a second hand laptop from ebay: it says my windows 10 is not active error code 0xc004f74 could i get some help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-purchased-a-second-hand-laptop-from-ebay/8ba70b44-74e5-4db0-9441-51324a15bd0a
  10. Second hand surface laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Second hand surface laptop: We recently purchased a brand new Microsoft Surface Laptop for work. It is a great product, however after using it for a week found it was incompatible with our work systems and went and purchased a Microsoft Surface Pro. We've uninstalled everything and completed a "Hard...