Windows 10: Second hand PC is still linked to another account.

Discus and support Second hand PC is still linked to another account. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi my name is Garry and I have a problem with the windows account of my moms PC. She is 69 and can't do this herself so I'm asking for some info from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EmrysAmbrosius, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Second hand PC is still linked to another account.

Hi my name is Garry and I have a problem with the windows account of my moms PC.

She is 69 and can't do this herself so I'm asking for some info from my account.

The problem that we have is the account is still linked to the previous owner who happens to be a friend of her.
    The account now requires a password to be given but I remember that she had another serial key for this to be fixed.
    She also told me that her background on her desktop keeps returning to another picture wich led me to believe the accounts are still linked.

So my question is how do I unlink their accounts?

Thanks in advance.

:)

EmrysAmbrosius, Apr 19, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Apr 19, 2020
  3. Fortitude Win User
    Is it advisable/useful to have a second (full) Administrator account?

Firstly, I should say that someone suggested this Forum to me and it's one of the most useful things that I have come across on the Internet!
    I read somewhere that one way to safeguard your system is to create a second Administrator account in addition to the one that is built-in in Windows, so that should there be a problem with the "original" Administrator account you would use the second one to restore the first one.
    If this is indeed advisable, what are the steps to do it? I presume that I should password-protect the second Administrator account.
    Would I have the second Administrator account always enabled and the original Administrator account always disabled?

Fortitude, Apr 19, 2020
  4. Second hand PC is still linked to another account.

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Apr 19, 2020
Thema:

Second hand PC is still linked to another account.

1. Second hand PC is still linked to another account. - Similar Threads - Second hand still

2. I bought my son a second hand PC. We are wanting to change the name of the PC as it still...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought my son a second hand PC. We are wanting to change the name of the PC as it still...: We have logged into our own Microsoft account. However when we start it up it still reads the name John-Hardy rather than my sons name. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-bought-my-son-a-second-hand-pc-we-are-wanting-to/0858c30a-8d22-474f-b4af-9757dd548008
  3. Link Second PC to Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Link Second PC to Microsoft Account: Hi,I am looking to buy a second hand Windows 10 PC. I found one that I am looking at buying. Will I be able to change the O/S registration to my Microsoft account after purchasing it? And how is this done? Can I do it from within the computer or do I need to go through...
  4. Link Second PC to Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Link Second PC to Microsoft Account: Hi,I am looking to buy a second hand Windows 10 PC. I found one that I am looking at buying. Will I be able to change the O/S registration to my Microsoft account after purchasing it? And how is this done? Can I do it from within the computer or do I need to go through...
  5. Link Second PC to Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Second hand PC administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Second hand PC administrator: I bought a second hand PC and I can't remove the administrator and there are malwares such as TeamViewer and Ghost ToolBox. Anyone help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/second-hand-pc-administrator/54e44bc2-b213-48dc-a056-cbffab46c3c0
  7. second hand PC with MAK license key?

second hand PC with MAK license key?: I recently bought a used PC, with Windows 10, on eBay. It had an asset tag on it, so clearly came from a business of some sort. It didn't come with a Windows product key and I was told it has a 'digital license'. Belarc says that the key is not stored on the computer. I found...
  8. Second Hand PC

Second Hand PC: I recently purchased a computer second hand, to which it worked perfectly in his home. To when I got home, I was hit with Activate Windows. So using my old Windows 10 activation code from my old pc, I am hit with "We can't activate windows on this device as we can't...
  9. Second hand PC running Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Second hand PC running Windows 10.: The previous owner of the PC did a factory reset on the computer and upon booting up the machine when I received it, I only have the ‘Other User’ login option and can’t login at all. I took the advice given in another thread to boot into safe mode with networking and now...
  10. Using windows linked microsoft account on another pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using windows linked microsoft account on another pc: i am currently using a laptop that came with windows 8 and i got a free windows 10 upgrade some time ago and now i am building a new pc and was wondering since the licence key is linked to microsoft account can i just sign into my microsoft account on the new pc and the...