Windows 10: Second hand PC running Windows 10.

Discus and support Second hand PC running Windows 10. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The previous owner of the PC did a factory reset on the computer and upon booting up the machine when I received it, I only have the ‘Other User’ login... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Luah Jun Yang, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Second hand PC running Windows 10.

The previous owner of the PC did a factory reset on the computer and upon booting up the machine when I received it, I only have the ‘Other User’ login option and can’t login at all. I took the advice given in another thread to boot into safe mode with networking and now everytime I start up the PC, it automaticall logins to Administrator and all I get is a desktop with a black background and only recycle bin.

Any attempts to open a file or folder gives the message ‘An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist.’ I have not been able to find anyone else who has a similar issue and a solution for it so I would greatly appreciate the help.

Much thanks,

Luah

:)

Luah Jun Yang, Jan 6, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 6, 2019
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jan 6, 2019
  4. r.h.p Win User

Second hand PC running Windows 10.

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Jan 6, 2019
Thema:

Second hand PC running Windows 10.

1. Second hand PC running Windows 10. - Similar Threads - Second hand running

2. Second hand PC administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Second hand PC administrator: I bought a second hand PC and I can't remove the administrator and there are malwares such as TeamViewer and Ghost ToolBox. Anyone help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/second-hand-pc-administrator/54e44bc2-b213-48dc-a056-cbffab46c3c0
  3. Purchased a second hand computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Purchased a second hand computer: Hi there!I would just like to ask what are the best ways to go about this.I bought a second hand laptop and it came with Windows 10 Pro installed and activated. The previous owner purchased the laptop with an unactivated Windows 10. When I purchased it from him, he said he...
  4. Second hand laptop - windows 10 pro in not activated

Second hand laptop - windows 10 pro in not activated: Split from this thread. I just buy a second hand laptop and I seen that my laptop windows 10 pro in not activated. In settings there are showing hardware of your device has changed. widows was not activated and a error code. What I will do in this case?...
  5. second hand PC with MAK license key?

second hand PC with MAK license key?: I recently bought a used PC, with Windows 10, on eBay. It had an asset tag on it, so clearly came from a business of some sort. It didn't come with a Windows product key and I was told it has a 'digital license'. Belarc says that the key is not stored on the computer. I found...
  6. problems trying to activate windows 10 pro second hand pc

problems trying to activate windows 10 pro second hand pc: when trying to activate keep getting error code 0x8007007b text in red saying.... we cant activate windows on this device as we cant connect to your organizations activation server. make sure your connected to your organizations network and try again. if you continue...
  7. Second hand PC is still linked to another account.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Second hand PC is still linked to another account.: Hi my name is Garry and I have a problem with the windows account of my moms PC. She is 69 and can't do this herself so I'm asking for some info from my account. The problem that we have is the account is still linked to the previous owner who happens to be a friend of her....
  8. Second hand surface laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Second hand surface laptop: We recently purchased a brand new Microsoft Surface Laptop for work. It is a great product, however after using it for a week found it was incompatible with our work systems and went and purchased a Microsoft Surface Pro. We've uninstalled everything and completed a "Hard...
  9. Second Hand PC

Second Hand PC: I recently purchased a computer second hand, to which it worked perfectly in his home. To when I got home, I was hit with Activate Windows. So using my old Windows 10 activation code from my old pc, I am hit with "We can't activate windows on this device as we can't...
  10. Reinstalling Windows 10 with a laptop bought second-hand

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstalling Windows 10 with a laptop bought second-hand: Hi all I have recently bought a laptop, i7 with 2 HDs (128GB SSD and a 1TB HD). I bought it from Computer Exchange (CEX), a UK second-hand electrical store that I have been using for about 20 years. So my question is, how would I do a nice, clean re-install? Should...