Windows 10: second hand PC with MAK license key?

Discus and support second hand PC with MAK license key? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently bought a used PC, with Windows 10, on eBay. It had an asset tag on it, so clearly came from a business of some sort. It didn't come with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by filbert42, Jul 23, 2020.

1. filbert42 Win User

second hand PC with MAK license key?

I recently bought a used PC, with Windows 10, on eBay. It had an asset tag on it, so clearly came from a business of some sort. It didn't come with a Windows product key and I was told it has a 'digital license'. Belarc says that the key is not stored on the computer. I found a script tool that displayed more info but I've lost the link to the tool - irritating. Anyway, the output said that the product key channel is 'Volume:MAK'.

However, another section has: "https://activation-v2.sls.microsoft.com/SLActivateProduct/SLActivateProduct.asmx?configextension=Retail" - which is confusing.

I am concerned that this is an enterprise key and that it might no longer be valid for me to use as an individual.

Can anyone clarify the position for me?

:)

filbert42, Jul 23, 2020
  2. lacrumb Win User

To check;

To find the License type;

* Please click START the search and open CMD as ADMIN.

* Type slmgr /dli and press enter and kindly upload a screenshot of the result here.

lacrumb, Jul 31, 2020
  3. filbert42 Win User

I recently bought a used PC, with Windows 10, on eBay. It had an asset tag on it, so clearly came from a business of some sort. It didn't come with a Windows product key and I was told it has a 'digital license'. Belarc says that the key is not stored on
    the computer. I found a script tool that displayed more info (but I've lost the link to the tool - irritating). Anyway, the output said that the product key channel is 'Volume:MAK'.

However, another section has: "https://activation-v2.sls.microsoft...SLActivateProduct.asmx?configextension=Retail" - which is confusing.

I am concerned that this is an enterprise key and that it might no longer be valid for me to use as an individual.

Can anyone clarify the position for me?

filbert42, Jul 31, 2020
  4. second hand PC with MAK license key?

Hi,

I am Vinu, an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you. I will try to help you with this issue.

Yes, you are right, the volume keys are for the enterprise users to use within their organization which bought volume license from Microsoft. As an individual user, you need to have your own copy of Windows to use.

Vinu chandran, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

1. second hand PC with MAK license key? - Similar Threads - second hand MAK

2. Product Key Activation for second hand laptop?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Product Key Activation for second hand laptop?: I got a notification on my acer laptop touchscreen saying the windows 10 enterprise licence will expire soon and that I need a product key or something. I tried looking for ways to find the product key, but this is a second- hand laptop, I didn't receive the packaging or...
  3. Product Key Activation for second hand laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Product Key Activation for second hand laptop?: I got a notification on my acer laptop touchscreen saying the windows 10 enterprise licence will expire soon and that I need a product key or something. I tried looking for ways to find the product key, but this is a second- hand laptop, I didn't receive the packaging or...
  4. Activate Windows 7 Extended Support licenses MAK Keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate Windows 7 Extended Support licenses MAK Keys: Dears,We facing issue while tying to activate Windows 7 Extended support key. Its showing still Unlicensed and Error Product not found. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activate-windows-7-extended-support-licenses-mak/419fc5c7-8fc5-4bb9-aeb5-5437e799c967
  5. Second hand PC administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Second hand PC administrator: I bought a second hand PC and I can't remove the administrator and there are malwares such as TeamViewer and Ghost ToolBox. Anyone help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/second-hand-pc-administrator/54e44bc2-b213-48dc-a056-cbffab46c3c0
  6. MAK license?

MAK license?: I just bought a new mini PC that came with Windows 10 Pro. I found out that it has a MAK license, not OEM or retail. This isn't right, is it? Shouldn't a new computer that I buy that comes with Windows 10 Pro preinstalled have either an OEM or Retail license, not MAK?...
  7. MAK VOLUME key?

MAK VOLUME key?: I had a retail license for windows 10 pro. I went to the microsoft store and then installed windows 10 pro for workstations since it was free. Afterwards I typed slmgr /xpr and slmgr /dli. It showed me that my machine is permanently activated but it had a MAK VOLUME license....
  8. MAK key

MAK key: Good evening, I have bought a Windows 10 key on the Internet and than activated it on my PC. It appeared to be a MAK key and so i got scammed. The seller told me that it is not possible for me to be refunded su I decided just to delete this key from my PC slmgr /upk and...
  9. Second Hand PC

Second Hand PC: I recently purchased a computer second hand, to which it worked perfectly in his home. To when I got home, I was hit with Activate Windows. So using my old Windows 10 activation code from my old pc, I am hit with "We can't activate windows on this device as we can't...
  10. What are KMS and MAK Volume Licensing Keys of Windows

in Windows 10 News
    What are KMS and MAK Volume Licensing Keys of Windows: [ATTACH] Microsoft wants to make sure that every Windows 10 that is used is activated i.e. marked as genuine. When a copy of Windows is activated it goes through a check. The way a copy of Windows is activated differently from each [...] This post What are KMS and MAK Volume...