Windows 10: Second hand surface laptop

Discus and support Second hand surface laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; We recently purchased a brand new Microsoft Surface Laptop for work. It is a great product, however after using it for a week found it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CherieHood, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Second hand surface laptop

We recently purchased a brand new Microsoft Surface Laptop for work.

It is a great product, however after using it for a week found it was incompatible with our work systems and went and purchased a Microsoft Surface Pro.

We've uninstalled everything and completed a "Hard Reset" to the laptop, however it will now no longer allow us to even log into the device as we're handing it over to someone else for personal use.

The device won't even accept our currently Microsoft username.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

:)

CherieHood, Feb 3, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, Second hand surface laptop :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Feb 3, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop

Source: Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop Surface

Brink, Feb 3, 2019
  4. Second hand surface laptop

Stuck at OneDrive screen during Surface Pro 6 initial setup

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Try the below suggested steps.

Method 1

1. Unplug all the external devices except Mouse and Keyboard.
    2. Try to reboot the device and check the status of the issue.
    Method 2

I would suggest you to perform Power drain by following the suggested steps.

1. Press and hold the Power Button down for 30-40 seconds.
    2. Hold the Volume Rocker up and Power ON for almost 20 second.
    3. Release the power button and wait for next 10-15 seconds.
    4. Press the power button to turn on your Surface and check the status of the issue.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

Second hand surface laptop

1. Second hand surface laptop - Similar Threads - Second hand surface

2. Second-hand laptop Admin problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second-hand laptop Admin problems: Got a second-hand laptop with W11. Old owner still on as Admin. MS365,etc downloads all to his folder. Made myself an Admin but still can't move or control files or make shortcuts. Should I start all over from scratch or is it retrievable?...
  3. Second-hand laptop Admin problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second-hand laptop Admin problems: Got a second-hand laptop with W11. Old owner still on as Admin. MS365,etc downloads all to his folder. Made myself an Admin but still can't move or control files or make shortcuts. Should I start all over from scratch or is it retrievable?...
  4. Product Key Activation for second hand laptop?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Product Key Activation for second hand laptop?: I got a notification on my acer laptop touchscreen saying the windows 10 enterprise licence will expire soon and that I need a product key or something. I tried looking for ways to find the product key, but this is a second- hand laptop, I didn't receive the packaging or...
  5. Product Key Activation for second hand laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Product Key Activation for second hand laptop?: I got a notification on my acer laptop touchscreen saying the windows 10 enterprise licence will expire soon and that I need a product key or something. I tried looking for ways to find the product key, but this is a second- hand laptop, I didn't receive the packaging or...
  6. Product Key Activation for second hand laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Was malware installed on my second-hand laptop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Was malware installed on my second-hand laptop?: My friend gave me his old laptop. It's an HP envy x360. When he gave it to me there was a usb he said he used to download windows. I'm wondering why he didn't just restore it to factory settings/ why he needed the usb. I ran some free anti-virus softwares (avast and avira)...
  8. Cannot access disk on second hand laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot access disk on second hand laptop: I have a lenovo laptop G580 with windows 8 I just bought at a yardsale today lady said it turns on well it does and it says. Harddisk Security. SATA Port O. WDC. WD7500BPKX-OOHPaJLock can anyone tell me how to bypass this password please 155025
  9. Cannot access disk on second hand laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot access disk on second hand laptop: I have a lenovo laptop G580 with windows 8 I just bought at a yardsale today lady said it turns on well it does and it says. Harddisk Security. SATA Port O. WDC. WD7500BPKX-OOHPaJLock can anyone tell me how to bypass this password please 155025
  10. Second Hand PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Second Hand PC: I recently purchased a computer second hand, to which it worked perfectly in his home. To when I got home, I was hit with Activate Windows. So using my old Windows 10 activation code from my old pc, I am hit with "We can't activate windows on this device as we can't...