Windows 10: Second hard drive not recognized

Discus and support Second hard drive not recognized in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I bought an additional used 2.5" HDD (1TB Toshiba MQ02ABF100) for my desktop which has an ASUS Motherboard ROG Strix B350-I Gaming. Since I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by robocop, Apr 19, 2020.

1. robocop Win User

Second hard drive not recognized

Hi,

I bought an additional used 2.5" HDD (1TB Toshiba MQ02ABF100) for my desktop which has an ASUS Motherboard ROG Strix B350-I Gaming.

Since I already had an external 2.5" drive (512gb Western Digital WD5000BEVT) in a USB caddy, before installing the 1TB in my desktop, I switched the 1TB for the 512gb HDD to test it. Windows did not recogize the 1TB HDD.
    While considering why the 1TB drive did not work, I realised that the old 512gb HDD is a very old SATA II (2009!), and that the 1TB HDD is SATA III.

I then installed the 1TB drive in the desktop, trying 2 different power cables/ 2 different SATA III cables and 2 different SATA III slots. Windows doesn't recognise it.

I'm now wondering, could I have damaged the 1TB drive by placing it in the USB caddy which evidentally works with SATA II not SATA III? I bought it off ebay and the seller seemed decent.

Thank you
    Matt

:)

robocop, Apr 19, 2020

2. second hard drive

Hi,

Based on the screenshot that you've provided, it seems that the second hard drive is not recognized by your computer. For us to resolve the issue, we recommend that you run the troubleshooter for hardware and devices. Follow these steps on how to run the
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• On Cortana search, type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the list.
    • Click View all at the left pane of the window.
    • Select Hardware and Devices.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Apr 19, 2020
  3. Windows 10 does not recognize my second hard drive

Hi,

We suggest that you check the resolution provided by Nyima Yonten on this
    link
    to fix this problem with the unrecognized second hard drive in Windows 10.

Keep us posted.

Nathaniel Mon, Apr 19, 2020
  4. Second hard drive not recognized

Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Apr 19, 2020
Thema:

Second hard drive not recognized

1. Second hard drive not recognized - Similar Threads - Second hard drive

2. Windows 10 will not recognize second hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 will not recognize second hard drive: Although the BIOs sees both the SSD card, which is my boot drive, and a 1TB SATA drive, Windows fails to show in the Explorer. The SSD is a Samsung 970 EVO 500GB drive which replaced the original SATA installed on this Dell XPS 8930.What am I missing?Tom...
  3. Windows 10 will not recognize second hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 will not recognize second hard drive: Although the BIOs sees both the SSD card, which is my boot drive, and a 1TB SATA drive, Windows fails to show in the Explorer. The SSD is a Samsung 970 EVO 500GB drive which replaced the original SATA installed on this Dell XPS 8930.What am I missing?Tom...
  4. Windows 10 will not recognize second hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Hard drive not recognized

Hard drive not recognized: My second Hard Drive is not recognized. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-not-recognized/e93a541f-2e22-4896-88ab-3c2042aec8a6
  6. Second hard drive not visible in explorer but is recognized by pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Second hard drive not visible in explorer but is recognized by pc: I've got a 3tb hard drive formatted in NTFS. I have recently gotten a newer HD for backup and got most of the files on it. I want to use this old 3tb drive as a movie drive for my PC. I just upgraded to an SSD and need the extra storage anyway. I have plugged this hard...
  7. Hard drive not recognized

Hard drive not recognized: Hey, I got a new hard drive today and for some reason I am unable to add it to my already existing ssd drive that my pc desktop currently runs on. I have tried going into create and format hard disk partitions and allocating the “unallocated disk” but there isn’t any drive...
  8. external hard drive not recognized

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    external hard drive not recognized: I had storage spaces From windows 8.1 that computer went down I moved Storage spaces to another computer. windows 10 machine. Everything works. I was able to Copy those files to another drives. now I want to reuse those drives but only let me rename it not to remove. I...
  9. Hard drive not recognized

Hard drive not recognized: suddenly my external hard drive is not showing up in my pc however i can see it in devices and printers how can i fix this problem without losing all the information on my hard drive?...
  10. Windows 10 not recognizing my second hard drive.

Windows 10 not recognizing my second hard drive.: I did a clean install from Windows 7 to 10 earlier today. I have a second hard drive with stuff on it (at least 100 GB), and the only other drive besides Local Disk (C:) is System Reserved (D:) (which isn't showing anything in the drive currently.)...