Windows 10: Second Hard Drive Not Showing

Discus and support Second Hard Drive Not Showing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, My computer stopped updating about a year ago, and I knew eventually that it would crash upon itself. Today was that day, and I had to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MadsVågsid, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Second Hard Drive Not Showing

Hello,

My computer stopped updating about a year ago, and I knew eventually that it would crash upon itself.

Today was that day, and I had to reinstall windows through a USB drive. Now everything works fine.

However, I noticed that the second hard drive 1TB does not show up on /My PC.

When I reinstalled windows from USB, I decided to delete all partitions to get a complete refresh.

After deleting all of the partitions, I had two options on where to install windows:

1. C-Drive SSD

2. HDD

I decided to install on SSD, and now I can't find my HDD.

Is there a way to get it without doing a reboot?

:)

MadsVågsid, Dec 9, 2020

2. second hard drive not showing

had problem with new laptop being stuck in repair mode, reinstalled windows 10 now 2nd hard drive does not show in device manager or disk mgmt.

no way to reassign drive letter, dive not showing. Restarted computer and went to boot menu or bios menu. Drive is listed there. When windows boots up, it disappears.

DEATH BY SWEETP, Dec 9, 2020
  3. Hard Drive not Showing

Hi Lori,

Thank you for posting back.

• How are you connecting the Hard drive to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the hard drive to a different computer and check if it works?

It's possible that your USB drivers are corrupt. I suggest you to try the following steps and check.

• Press Windows Key +R and type
      devmgmt.msc
      to open Device manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers
      at the left bottom.
    • Right-click the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click on
      Uninstall to remove it.
    • Repeat these steps for the entire USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Dec 9, 2020
  4. Second Hard Drive Not Showing

second hard drive

Hi,

Based on the screenshot that you've provided, it seems that the second hard drive is not recognized by your computer. For us to resolve the issue, we recommend that you run the troubleshooter for hardware and devices. Follow these steps on how to run the
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• On Cortana search, type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the list.
    • Click View all at the left pane of the window.
    • Select Hardware and Devices.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Dec 9, 2020
Thema:

Second Hard Drive Not Showing

1. Second Hard Drive Not Showing - Similar Threads - Second Hard Drive

2. Second Hard drive not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second Hard drive not detected: So my friend has a hard drive that fully works but he wants to recover his data. I plug it in to my computer and it’s not detected on file explorer. It is detected on Disk management. I want to access through file explorer. I try to assign a letter but it doesn’t work. I need...
  3. Second Hard drive not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second Hard drive not detected: So my friend has a hard drive that fully works but he wants to recover his data. I plug it in to my computer and it’s not detected on file explorer. It is detected on Disk management. I want to access through file explorer. I try to assign a letter but it doesn’t work. I need...
  4. Hard drive not showing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hard drive not showing: I switched on pc after 21 days and tried to open one of folders and this popped up.”Location is not available D:\Stash is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive is connected or the disc is inserted, and then try again. If the location is on...
  5. My second hard drive isn't showing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My second hard drive isn't showing: Can someone tell me why it isn't showing? submitted by /u/TheImposterSpy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jmws1o/my_second_hard_drive_isnt_showing/
  6. Second hard drive not recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second hard drive not recognized: Hi, I bought an additional used 2.5" HDD (1TB Toshiba MQ02ABF100) for my desktop which has an ASUS Motherboard ROG Strix B350-I Gaming. Since I already had an external 2.5" drive (512gb Western Digital WD5000BEVT) in a USB caddy, before installing the 1TB in my desktop, I...
  7. Hard drive is not showing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive is not showing: I had two partition disk D and disk E but now they are not showing in this PC nor in disk management, moreover there is recovery partition, how to get back my disks, please help me out all my data was in that disks...
  8. Add a Second Hard Drive

Add a Second Hard Drive: I have an Acer AME600-UR378 Desktop computer that has the facility to add a SATA hard drive in a bay located in the front panel. I have installed a Toshiba SATA MG03ACA200 2TB drive in that bay. It does not show up in my device manager or in Windows Explorer. What steps...
  9. Second hard drive not showing up in windows 10

Second hard drive not showing up in windows 10: I have an asus gl752V it comes with a 1T HDD and 128gb SSD. I got the laptop last week and it comes without windows, only MSDOS installed on the SSD. So I have installed windows 10 on the SSD. Everything was perfect until I found out that the HDD isn't recognized. So I went...
  10. install second hard drive hot?

install second hard drive hot?: Hi All, I was under the impression that I was going to have a hard drive failure and purchased a new hard drive and cloned windows to it. it turned out my drive is fine, so I would like to use the drive as a second drive in my system. if I just plug it in, will my computer...