Windows 10: Second hard drive not visible in explorer but is recognized by pc

Discus and support Second hard drive not visible in explorer but is recognized by pc in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've got a 3tb hard drive formatted in NTFS. I have recently gotten a newer HD for backup and got most of the files on it. I want to use this old 3tb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RapMastaC1, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Second hard drive not visible in explorer but is recognized by pc

I've got a 3tb hard drive formatted in NTFS. I have recently gotten a newer HD for backup and got most of the files on it. I want to use this old 3tb drive as a movie drive for my PC. I just upgraded to an SSD and need the extra storage anyway.

I have plugged this hard drive in multiple ports in my machine and still have the same issue. It shoes up in Disk Management as a healthy drive but will not show up in Windows Explorer to view files. It has a Protected GUID partition but I don't see why that would be an issue since I can access the drive when I plug it in via USB.

Do I need to adjust something in my BIOS to get this to work? I have no options available besides "Help" when right clicking the drive in Disk Management.

:)

RapMastaC1, Jan 22, 2020

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Jan 22, 2020
  3. cobrasl Win User
    External Hard Drive (WD Elements) is visible in PW but not in explorer

followed steps..

the partition displayed as below...

Second hard drive not visible in explorer but is recognized by pc [​IMG]

as advised I selected "list".. and for a long time it was like this..

Second hard drive not visible in explorer but is recognized by pc [​IMG]

cobrasl, Jan 22, 2020
  4. Second hard drive not visible in explorer but is recognized by pc

Windows 10 not recognizing second hard drive?

I've put this hard drive in my main computer and it i recognized in the BIOS and as a hidden device under Device Manager. It is not recognized under Disk Manager and does not appear in Windows Explorer?

So, what suggestions does anyone have for straightening this out?

Thanks.

OH, I did get it to make a surprise appearing on a different PC but was unable to access it. This hard drive made that computer run extremely slow.

John'z Place, Jan 22, 2020
Thema:

Second hard drive not visible in explorer but is recognized by pc

1. Second hard drive not visible in explorer but is recognized by pc - Similar Threads - Second hard drive

2. Windows 10 will not recognize second hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 will not recognize second hard drive: Although the BIOs sees both the SSD card, which is my boot drive, and a 1TB SATA drive, Windows fails to show in the Explorer. The SSD is a Samsung 970 EVO 500GB drive which replaced the original SATA installed on this Dell XPS 8930.What am I missing?Tom...
  3. Windows 10 will not recognize second hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 will not recognize second hard drive: Although the BIOs sees both the SSD card, which is my boot drive, and a 1TB SATA drive, Windows fails to show in the Explorer. The SSD is a Samsung 970 EVO 500GB drive which replaced the original SATA installed on this Dell XPS 8930.What am I missing?Tom...
  4. Windows 10 will not recognize second hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Second hard drive not recognized

Second hard drive not recognized: Hi, I bought an additional used 2.5" HDD (1TB Toshiba MQ02ABF100) for my desktop which has an ASUS Motherboard ROG Strix B350-I Gaming. Since I already had an external 2.5" drive (512gb Western Digital WD5000BEVT) in a USB caddy, before installing the 1TB in my desktop, I...
  6. external hard drive not visible

in Windows 10 Customization
    external hard drive not visible: I have acquired a disk caddy with the intention of using an old hard drive as a back-up drive but have found that although the arrangement works perfectly in my laptop it is totally invisible in my desktop. There is no ping when switched on and does not appear in device...
  7. Windows Explore not recognizing External Hard Drive

Windows Explore not recognizing External Hard Drive: So my old computer broke a while back. I've successfully accessed this hard drive before on both of my other computers (Surface 3 and hp pavilion). Today I wanted to see if I had anymore data left that I wanted to move from the drive. I use a sata drive adapter (same one I've...
  8. Windows 10 not recognizing my second hard drive.

Windows 10 not recognizing my second hard drive.: I did a clean install from Windows 7 to 10 earlier today. I have a second hard drive with stuff on it (at least 100 GB), and the only other drive besides Local Disk (C:) is System Reserved (D:) (which isn't showing anything in the drive currently.)...
  9. Hard drive not recognized on new PC

Hard drive not recognized on new PC: Hello, So I've recently built a new PC and I installed 4 hard drives on it. 1)256GB SSD 2)500GB HDD 3)600GB HDD 4)600GB HDD My problem is that the 3rd HDD drive is not recognized and its displayed as "Intel Raid 0 Volume" in Device Manager (I didn't change any...
  10. External hard drive not visible

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External hard drive not visible: Hi all, I have a 3TB external hard drive plugged in to my pc. I use it to stream movies and music to a couple of media players in the house via our wifi network. Recently it has disappeared from my view on the pc. When I plug it in via usb, nothing happens, yet when I plug...