Windows 10: Second HDD showing up in BIOS and Device Management, but not in Disk Management

Discus and support Second HDD showing up in BIOS and Device Management, but not in Disk Management in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! First of all about my config Lenovo Y720-15IKB OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB Motherboard: Intel H170 ITX KBL-S( I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GallapQE, Apr 17, 2019.

1. GallapQE Win User

Second HDD showing up in BIOS and Device Management, but not in Disk Management

Hello!

First of all about my config

Lenovo Y720-15IKB

Motherboard: Intel H170 ITX KBL-S( I believe, the system doesnt say it, I looked up on the internet)

BIOS version/date: LENOVO 4GCN31WW, 2017. 09. 27.

SSD: Kingston SA1000M 256 GB M.2 PCIe (working, booting OS)

SATA Controller in AHCI mode.

My second hard drive ( Western Digital Black, 1TB) crashed last week, so I immediately bought a FireCuda 2TB SSHD to replace it (because I am stuck with school and also job projects) and mounted right away in the laptop. The WD started to crick and crack, I believe its rotor started to touch the housing.

I can hear the HDD running, so i guess the connections are functioning ( however remounted 3 times).

The BIOS and Device Management recognizes (ST2000LX001) but Disk Management does not.

Tried to delete in Device Manager and restart computer, did not work.

Runned Disk Diagnostics ( I know it is for RAM but in some cases it worked, not for me).

Downloaded SeaTools and DiscWizard from Seagate, both are unable to recognize the HDD.

Listed the disks in PowerShell, can see both, says No Media for the 2nd.

Downloaded drivers from the Lenovo site ( BIOS update and IRST update, the whole Chipset package) still nothing.

I've looked up the internet already but nothing worked. Help me please I am so desperate.

Peter

:)

GallapQE, Apr 17, 2019

2. HDD in a HDD caddy is not showing up in the disk management

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• How are you connecting the HDD Caddy?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

If you are connecting the device using USB, I suggest you to check if other USB devices are recognized as USB devices or Other device. If it is displaying as other device, then the issue might be with the USB port. So, I suggest you to update the USB drivers
    by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus Controller.
    • Right click on the drive, select Update Driver Software and follow the on-screen prompts.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 17, 2019
  3. DaiB Win User
    Second SATA drive showing in BIOS but not Device Manager

I've just added a 2nd HD to my Dell system with Win 10. It shows in the BIOS and Seagate tools finds it. It does not show up in Device manager or Computer Management/Storage - Disc Management or anywhere. Not sure if this si Won 10 specific. Anyone else seen this or has any suggestions?

4. seejp Win User

external hard drive showing up in device management but not disk management

Hi,

I recently tried to use a brand new Seagate 2TB External HD, but it is not showing up. It initially showed up, but after I tried reformatting it to exFAT32, it disappeared from the disk management list.

I then tried:

• refreshing the disk management list,
    • inserting into a different USB port,
    • re-starting my computer, and
    • uninstalling the device from device manager/letting it refresh,

I still can't see it. There is no yellow error in the USB controller list.

I'm on Windows 10.

Intel i5-3317U @ 1.7GHz

Any suggestions? Thanks!

seejp, Apr 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Second HDD showing up in BIOS and Device Management, but not in Disk Management - Similar Threads - Second HDD showing

2. My new HDD is not showing up on disk manager, but shows up in BIOs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My new HDD is not showing up on disk manager, but shows up in BIOs: Hello, i recently got a new 4TB HDD from western digital's black brand and it's just not showing up anywhere, not as an unknown disk, but just not at all on windows, like it's not even plugged in, even though both sets of SATA cables I used are working properly due to me...
  3. My new HDD is not showing up on disk manager, but shows up in BIOs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My new HDD is not showing up on disk manager, but shows up in BIOs: Hello, i recently got a new 4TB HDD from western digital's black brand and it's just not showing up anywhere, not as an unknown disk, but just not at all on windows, like it's not even plugged in, even though both sets of SATA cables I used are working properly due to me...
  4. External HDD not showing up in disk management

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External HDD not showing up in disk management: My 1TB external Seagate HDD is being detected in device manger, but I cannot see it on disk management. When I connect it, it beeps 5 times, no matter which port I use submitted by /u/vininhosts [link] [comments]...
  5. HDD not detected in bios or disk management

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD not detected in bios or disk management: Hi, I have recently built a computer. Ryzen 5 2600 and MSI 1660 super. I have 2 things of storage. 1 M.2 ssd which is 1 tb. and a 4tb Wd Blue. The 1tb is working fine and I can see it in the bios of my gigabyte motherboard but I cant see my WD blue. If you can provide me...
  6. Old HDD shows in BIOS but not in Disk Manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Old HDD shows in BIOS but not in Disk Manager: This HDD is a 2tb, I've been using it for almost 10 years now, however yesterday I noticed the drive was missing in "This PC". I shut down the PC while holding shift while clicking shutdown. HDD came back upon reboot. Later in the night while playing a game, I got a...
  7. hard drive shows up in device manager and bios but not in disk management windows 10

hard drive shows up in device manager and bios but not in disk management windows 10: I have been fighting with this for 2 days now and want to share my answer in case it ever happens to anyone else. I have a new HP computer, Well a refurbished but new to me. I moved my 2 year old 1 TB hard drives over to the new HP. Saw that I could have a mirrored drive and...
  8. Missing HDD in BIOS and Disk Manager

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing HDD in BIOS and Disk Manager: I recently started having issues with Windows 7 and decided to upgrade the system in stages. I was running the following: C: Main WD 1TB Caviar Black (Windows 7 and most software) D: Photos (WD 500MB Caviar Blue) E: DVD G: Simulator software (WD 1TB WD Caviar Black) and all...
  9. Second SATA drive showing in BIOS but not Device Manager

Second SATA drive showing in BIOS but not Device Manager: I've just added a 2nd HD to my Dell system with Win 10. It shows in the BIOS and Seagate tools finds it. It does not show up in Device manager or Computer Management/Storage - Disc Management or anywhere. Not sure if this si Won 10 specific. Anyone else seen this or has any...
  10. Second monitor shows up in BIOS and Device Manager but not Windows

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Second monitor shows up in BIOS and Device Manager but not Windows: Hi, So I have a dual-monitor setup hooked up to my port replicator for my Dell E7240. I have my main monitor hooked up with a DVI cable and my second monitor hooked up with a DisplayPort (from the port replicator) to HDMI (on the monitor) cable. This setup has worked fine...