Windows 10: Second HDD Super Slow.

Discus and support Second HDD Super Slow. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have installed Windows 10 on my C:\ (SSD) but D:\ (Regular HDD) is super slow and i think it has something to do with admin rights and stuff.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by gnubaver, Aug 28, 2015.

1. gnubaver Win User

Second HDD Super Slow.

I have installed Windows 10 on my C:\ (SSD) but D:\ (Regular HDD) is super slow and i think it has something to do with admin rights and stuff.

Anyone know how to fix this? Sometimes when opening folders with alot of videos (20+) It takes Windows 10 a super long time to process the folder (The green bar at top goes on forever before the "icon" images shows up.)

Any idea at all what might be causing this? Had no problems on Windows 7.

Did a CLEAN Win 10 install.

:)

gnubaver, Aug 28, 2015
  2. AlecYM Win User

Windows 10 running slow

Today, I turned my computer on to find every app running super slow. Keep in mind, my computer is very powerful and I cannot even load any tabs on google chrome or any other browser for that matter. I tried restarting it to no avail, and nothing in the
    task manager shows that anything is wrong, memory usage is normal, CPU is about 1-15% usage and the boot HDD, (I have 2 HDDs), is not showing major usage. The desktop itself is fine, I can move my cursor over icons and the highlighting of the icons keeps up
    with the cursor, I try to load Chrome, super slow, no pages work, makes me think Wifi card is broke but the settings has a problem too where when my cursor goes from one side to the other, each box will slowly highlight when my mouse is on the other side of
    the screen.

AlecYM, Aug 28, 2015
  3. Windows 10: Computer run slow after installing KB3140743 update

I've had Windows 10 for about 6 months now and it's been working fine with regular updates. Just a short while ago it received and installed update KB3140743 and now it runs super SUPER slow. Virtually everything that used to come up instantly with a key
    stroke now takes 3 to 5 seconds. Any ideas??

Original Title: Wiindows 10

DonaldHertzfeldt, Aug 28, 2015
  4. Machistmo Win User

Second HDD Super Slow.

Power settings related? Indexing turned off?

Machistmo, Aug 28, 2015
  5. gnubaver Win User
    Check both, no luck i'm afraid.

gnubaver, Aug 28, 2015
  6. - assuming that you have it set for a duration.. (I think the default is 15 minutes..)
    - setting the HDD to never turn off might help..

BugMeister, Aug 28, 2015
  7. gnubaver Win User
    This is how it looks

Screen capture - c0e5cfdeefaa27cc4a658eafdd783038 - Gyazo

And the last 30% takes even longer.

I mean 4-5 min longer.

gnubaver, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Second HDD Super Slow.

1. Second HDD Super Slow. - Similar Threads - Second HDD Super

2. super slow computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    super slow computer: my computer was running fine until it randomly became super slow but then i deleted a "malware" then it ran great agian then it just became slow agian please help i dont know whats causing this...
  3. Downloads super slow

Downloads super slow: I have recently stopped connecting my ethernet cable to my Wi-Fi range extender but I have started plugging my ethernet cable into my Wi-Fi modem directly. It made my ping in game a lot lower. But it never fixed how my computer still download files in KB/s and is still very...
  4. windows 11 super super slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 super super slow: I just bought a brand new PC.. I9 5.2 16 core / 32 gb ddr5 6000mhz / rtx3080 and its is slower than a rock on flat land. i don't understand this. this thing should be a beast. A beast that eats beasts. Why is this thing slower than my I7 with ddr4 2333 mhz?? i cant even...
  5. windows 11 super super slow

windows 11 super super slow: I just bought a brand new PC.. I9 5.2 16 core / 32 gb ddr5 6000mhz / rtx3080 and its is slower than a rock on flat land. i don't understand this. this thing should be a beast. A beast that eats beasts. Why is this thing slower than my I7 with ddr4 2333 mhz?? i cant even...
  6. Super slow computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Super slow computer: My friends computer suddenly runs super slow after starting up it today. Yesterday it was no problem but suddenly today it took ages just for him to start up the computer. What could be the problem?...
  7. Super slow computer

Super slow computer: My friends computer suddenly runs super slow after starting up it today. Yesterday it was no problem but suddenly today it took ages just for him to start up the computer. What could be the problem?...
  8. Laptop super slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop super slow: Hi everyone, I'm new to these forums and usually I don't ask questions online, but this has really been bugging me. I have a new Lenovo laptop and it is sooooo slow, you could fall asleep waiting for something to load. It was bought in late 2018brand new and I don't use it...
  9. Super slow boot time and unrecognized HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Super slow boot time and unrecognized HDD: So for about maybe 1 year maybe more my computer does this very random and very annoying thing where one of my HDD's does not show up in the bios and if I try to just boot in to windows it can take upwards of 5 minutes for it to finally bring me to login screen (I get stuck...
  10. indexing is super slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    indexing is super slow: File explorer and inserting pictures in any windows program is SUPER SLOW [Moderator note: moved from Office] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/indexing-is-super-slow/f0ab28e8-39c2-4a6b-83e8-588ab55eac72

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hdd super slow