Windows 10: Second HDD Super Slow.

Discus and support Second HDD Super Slow. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have installed Windows 10 on my C:\ (SSD) but D:\ (Regular HDD) is super slow and i think it has something to do with admin rights and stuff.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by gnubaver, Aug 28, 2015.

1. gnubaver Win User

Second HDD Super Slow.

I have installed Windows 10 on my C:\ (SSD) but D:\ (Regular HDD) is super slow and i think it has something to do with admin rights and stuff.

Anyone know how to fix this? Sometimes when opening folders with alot of videos (20+) It takes Windows 10 a super long time to process the folder (The green bar at top goes on forever before the "icon" images shows up.)

Any idea at all what might be causing this? Had no problems on Windows 7.

Did a CLEAN Win 10 install.

:)

gnubaver, Aug 28, 2015
  2. AlecYM Win User

Windows 10 running slow

Today, I turned my computer on to find every app running super slow. Keep in mind, my computer is very powerful and I cannot even load any tabs on google chrome or any other browser for that matter. I tried restarting it to no avail, and nothing in the
    task manager shows that anything is wrong, memory usage is normal, CPU is about 1-15% usage and the boot HDD, (I have 2 HDDs), is not showing major usage. The desktop itself is fine, I can move my cursor over icons and the highlighting of the icons keeps up
    with the cursor, I try to load Chrome, super slow, no pages work, makes me think Wifi card is broke but the settings has a problem too where when my cursor goes from one side to the other, each box will slowly highlight when my mouse is on the other side of
    the screen.

AlecYM, Aug 28, 2015
  3. Windows 10: Computer run slow after installing KB3140743 update

I've had Windows 10 for about 6 months now and it's been working fine with regular updates. Just a short while ago it received and installed update KB3140743 and now it runs super SUPER slow. Virtually everything that used to come up instantly with a key
    stroke now takes 3 to 5 seconds. Any ideas??

Original Title: Wiindows 10

DonaldHertzfeldt, Aug 28, 2015
  4. Machistmo Win User

Second HDD Super Slow.

Power settings related? Indexing turned off?

Machistmo, Aug 28, 2015
  5. gnubaver Win User
    Check both, no luck i'm afraid.

gnubaver, Aug 28, 2015
  6. - assuming that you have it set for a duration.. (I think the default is 15 minutes..)
    - setting the HDD to never turn off might help..

BugMeister, Aug 28, 2015
  7. gnubaver Win User
    This is how it looks

Screen capture - c0e5cfdeefaa27cc4a658eafdd783038 - Gyazo

And the last 30% takes even longer.

I mean 4-5 min longer.

gnubaver, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Second HDD Super Slow.

1. Second HDD Super Slow. - Similar Threads - Second HDD Super

2. Log on super slow after update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Log on super slow after update: My HP laptop automatically updated to the latest version of windows 10 this afternoon and now when in trying to log on, it's stuck on the Welcome loading screen. It's been trying to log on for a while now. The first attempt was about 45 minutes, and I had to restart it...
  3. GMail SUPER SLOW since a week

in Windows 10 Support
    GMail SUPER SLOW since a week: Hi, first off, my PC is 9th gen, with 64GB of DDR-4 RAM. Latest Win 10. Not sure why but my gmail is becoming unusable... been like that for about a week now and I don't know what is causing it. I'll try to apply a label - I'll click the label button and will take over 10...
  4. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE, super slow computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE, super slow computer: Recently, I have been using Driver Booster 6 on steam to download and install drivers. Just today, my laptop started being extremely slow, then a BSOD appeared with a DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE error. After this, I rebooted my laptop, then downloaded drivers from Driver...
  5. slow HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    slow HDD: The HDD read and write speeds are very slow on my PC running Windows 10. Is there any fix for this problem? I’d like to know if there is any official fix for this issue because I think it is not my computer, it is Windows 10 issue...
  6. Windows 10 is super slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 is super slow: I'm up to date on my Windows version and I've only allowed Steam to start up automatically so I can't really figure out what's happening. Games seem to be running fine. It's just everything else that feels really sluggish. It's worth mentioning that I had to install version...
  7. Super slow boot time and unrecognized HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Super slow boot time and unrecognized HDD: So for about maybe 1 year maybe more my computer does this very random and very annoying thing where one of my HDD's does not show up in the bios and if I try to just boot in to windows it can take upwards of 5 minutes for it to finally bring me to login screen (I get stuck...
  8. indexing is super slow

indexing is super slow: File explorer and inserting pictures in any windows program is SUPER SLOW [Moderator note: moved from Office] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/indexing-is-super-slow/f0ab28e8-39c2-4a6b-83e8-588ab55eac72
  9. Super slow windows 10

Super slow windows 10: Both our computers, operating system windows 10, are running like molasses. One is HP and one is Dell. I have reset my computer to factory settings and started over with W10, IE, Bing and all the things I don't like about windows, but to no avail. I've heard of things like...
  10. Install second hdd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install second hdd: Hi. Just decided to install a second HDD to hold my documents photos etc how would I set that drive H to save my items. I want all my stuff to save to that H HHD automatic upon selecting save as. My C drive has the O/P and all programs. Any help please. Thanks. 89943

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hdd super slow