Windows 10: Second Image Failure Error

Discus and support Second Image Failure Error in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Created image with W7 Backup & Restore. First I got parameter failed (0X80070057). Rebooted to W10 installation via USB and got as far as pulling up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by BellaDonna, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Second Image Failure Error

Created image with W7 Backup & Restore.
    First I got parameter failed (0X80070057). Rebooted to W10 installation via USB and got as far as pulling up the most recent image. When I checked progress at 2.30am, I had this error: 0X800703ED. Without an OS, I then booted from USB again and reinstalled Win10.

I may have to restore using a .pst that is a few months old. But first you have to hold a shotgun to my head.
    I have these files in my external drive:
    Hard Disk Image File (2)
    11 XML Documents

I ran scans and checks the other day and there was nothing, as far as I know, to indicate any of the above are in an UNusable state.
    Do I need to do something to these files to make them readable? Bootable?

When I right click and attempt to Mount, this is the error: The disk image isn't inititalized, contains partitions that aren't recognizable, or contains volumes that haven't been assigned drive letters. Please use Disk Mgmt snap-in to make sure that the disk, partitions, and volumes are in a usable state.

Are my files salvageable? Why am I struggling?
    Is one option easier or better than the other?

Thank you.

After reading while waiting - This is a different build than the saved image. Did MS screw me out of any chances to salvage my data?

:)

BellaDonna, Jul 4, 2016

2. Windows 10 Pro Error codes returned after failing making a second System Image Backup

After creating a successful image backup on my second hard drive, I placed that backup into an
    identifiable folder. Then I perform some system changes and start an image bakup again however it will now fail with the following error messages/codes:

- There was a failure compacting the virtual hard disk on the backup location. (0x80780151).

-Additional Information:

The process cannot access the file because its being used by another process. (0x80070020).

After a reboot its possible to create a system image backup again.

This was not happening with Windows 8.1 Pro

How to execute a second System Image backup that will avoid this failure?

J.D.Koster, Jul 4, 2016
  3. KB3194798 keeps failing to install

I keep on having a similar trouble. Updates KB3193494, KB3194798, KB3197954 and KB3200970 keep on failing. The computer makes a forced restart every second evening - and fails in error 0x80071AB1 to install updates and then rolls back. This HP EliteBook
    8560W computer has Windows 10 Pro with Anniversary update (Version: 1607, OS build: 14393.105) and is equipped with Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD drive.

Event viewer gives following errors from source 'WindowsUpdateClient':

Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80071AB1: Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3200970

Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80071AB1: Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3197954).

Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80071AB1: Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3194798).

Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80071AB1: Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3193494).

Screenshots of latest Windows updates here below:

Second Image Failure Error [​IMG]

Second Image Failure Error [​IMG]

jmenninkainen, Jul 4, 2016
  4. Second Image Failure Error

Additional information.

I hope that I'm looking at the key to solving this.
    Inside Drive Management.

When I clicked on the first image in HD, from within DM, the message said it's already attached. When I clicked the second, it then attached,

I have six simple, basic, and healthy volumes:

blank Basic - --------------- Primary 14.65GB 100% free
    Blank Basic --------------- Recovery 450MB 100% free
    blank Basic -----NTFS ------------Primary 450MB 22% free
    (C) ---Basic-----NTFS --------- System 283GB 93%
    (D) Free Agent - NTFS -------------Primary 465GB 71% "
    OS ---------- NTFS ------------Primary 283GB 77% "

Thank you.

BellaDonna, Jul 4, 2016
Thema:

Second Image Failure Error

1. Second Image Failure Error - Similar Threads - Second Image Failure

2. Strange image on second screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange image on second screen: I have this strange image showing up on my left screen at the lower right corner. Checked start up programs and deleted ones I do not need. Can't get rid of it. Any ideas?...
  3. Strange image on second screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange image on second screen: I have this strange image showing up on my left screen at the lower right corner. Checked start up programs and deleted ones I do not need. Can't get rid of it. Any ideas?...
  4. Macrium Image Failure - Error Code 6

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Image Failure - Error Code 6: On my Dell Latitude D5579 laptop (specs posted under My Computer), I am about to update from 1909 (18363.1016) to 2004 (19041.450). As I was getting ready to do that - saving files, updating my sadly out-of-date collection of Macrium images for this machine - I ran into a...
  5. Second monitor has no image on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Second monitor has no image on: I connected my second monitor using HDMI cable but it doesn’t work. It seems it gets a signal and is detected but there is no image on it. My main monitor is using the internal Intel gpu but this second monitor is using the dedicated Nvidia gpu...
  6. Second Monitor Not Displaying Image

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second Monitor Not Displaying Image: Hi, I am using a Windows 10 laptop, I have a problem where my second display which is connected via HDMI is detected and seems to get a signal as it turns on but it doesn't display an image. My primary monitor uses the internal Intel gpu while my secondary is using the...
  7. Systems Image Download Failures.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Systems Image Download Failures.: Running Windows 10 system 32bit (x86 based), post update 1803 (KB4464218). Am unable to run off a Systems Image to either a HDD or DVD due to repeated erroneous RPC service unavailable warnings. This is a known problem with 32bit systems only (not 64bit system), but is...
  8. System Image Backup Failure, error 0x800423f3

System Image Backup Failure, error 0x800423f3: I've been running two machines with Windows 10 x64 for a while now. I periodically run a system image backup (on each machine) to an external HDD just as an extra precaution, as I use EaseUS ToDo Backup Workstation 8.6 for my weekly system images. Today I was able to complete...
  9. System Image Backup Failure

System Image Backup Failure: My searches have not turned up anything about this. On my computer, attempts to create a backup fail repeatedly, with these errors: Error encountered when writing data to backup target (0x80780166) System cannot find the file specified (0x80070002) I have deleted the...
  10. failure in the backup image

failure in the backup image: having problems creating an image of my system. [img] in searching for the error on the net I come up with these so called microsoft partner ads for software. could someone assist? Shipinomore sorry if I posted this in the wrong place. 47286

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0x80071ab1