Windows 10: second internal hardrive (D) and file history

Discus and support second internal hardrive (D) and file history in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I reformatted drive d and now File history can't find the drive. I was able to do an image on the D drive somehow. Help please.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RickC55TW, Jul 29, 2019.

1. RickC55TW Win User

second internal hardrive (D) and file history

I reformatted drive d and now File history can't find the drive. I was able to do an image on the D drive somehow.

Help please.

:)

RickC55TW, Jul 29, 2019

2. windows 10 internal drive d how to take back ownership of the hardrive?

Hi Steve,

To help you with your concern regarding the internal hard drive, let me suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer
    • Right-click on the Drive D:
    • Select Properties
    • Click Security tab then select Advanced
    • Select Change after the Owner: line

Please let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, Jul 29, 2019
  3. File history - second internal hard drive

I have a C drive and a D drive, both internal hard drives. File History is backing up the contents of the D drive, but when I go to the "Restore Files From a Current Backup" function, only the C drive files are shown. I can see from looking at the contents
    of the external hard drive that the D drive files are being backed up, but the restore function of File History doesn't seem to recognize that I'm backing up files from the D drive. What's wrong?

TomCluster, Jul 29, 2019
  4. second internal hardrive (D) and file history

File History Restore problem -- cannot restore files to second internal hard drive

Hello,

Please provide us more information to help you better:

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• How are you backing up the file history?

I suggest you to refer to the link below and check if it helps:

File History does not backup all files

Please get back to us with the updated status and we will be glad to help you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

second internal hardrive (D) and file history

1. second internal hardrive (D) and file history - Similar Threads - second internal hardrive

2. Windows 11 file history - D Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 file history - D Drive: I now have Windows 11 Pro, I want to use File history to back up my files automatically onto a external hard drive. I used to do this on my old Windows 10 Computer and it worked great. Issue I have is my software is on my C drive and my files are saved on my 4TB internal D...
  3. Windows 11 file history - D Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 file history - D Drive: I now have Windows 11 Pro, I want to use File history to back up my files automatically onto a external hard drive. I used to do this on my old Windows 10 Computer and it worked great. Issue I have is my software is on my C drive and my files are saved on my 4TB internal D...
  4. My Internal hardrive disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Internal hardrive disappeared: I have a laptop and all of my internal hardrives except local disk c Is still there after 10 20 minutes my hardrive suddenly get deleted except local disk c...
  5. My Internal hardrive disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Internal hardrive disappeared: I have a laptop and all of my internal hardrives except local disk c Is still there after 10 20 minutes my hardrive suddenly get deleted except local disk c...
  6. Driver d internal ssd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Driver d internal ssd: I had a problem with My internal 2.5tb ssd and I deleted the folder and averything in it and made a new one and now it says new valume D and it's not letting me play any games it won't download really anything I got it to download but atill won't run what I download and it's...
  7. Will reinstalling windows delete files on a second internal HDD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will reinstalling windows delete files on a second internal HDD?: After experiencing several issues, I decided to finally bite the bullet and do a complete fresh install of my windows 10 PRO. My question is, if I am doing this complete fresh install (by deleting all my files and basically starting from scratch) will it delete any files...
  8. small internal hardrive

small internal hardrive: I need to install updates, so I purchased a 1 TB external drive, my internal drive doesn't even have 1gb when stripped of all non essential files. It is a dell inspiron. I have a western digital external drive. everything is backed up, I have a 16gb usb for any necessary...
  9. File History not working with internal backup drives.

File History not working with internal backup drives.: I have been reading the MANY posts about File History not working. I have 4 different machines and have been trying to get it to work on each of them with no luck, including V 1809. I have started and set to Auto (Delayed Start) all of the services for Software Protection,...
  10. File history - second internal hard drive

File history - second internal hard drive: I have a C drive and a D drive, both internal hard drives. File History is backing up the contents of the D drive, but when I go to the "Restore Files From a Current Backup" function, only the C drive files are shown. I can see from looking at the contents of the external...