Windows 10: Second internal HDD not showing in Windows 10

Discus and support Second internal HDD not showing in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I had to re-install Windows 10 on one of my PCs, but now the 2nd internal drive isn't showing in the drive list in "This PC", nor is Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by CaseyFry1, Sep 22, 2022.

1. CaseyFry1 Win User

Second internal HDD not showing in Windows 10

I had to re-install Windows 10 on one of my PCs, but now the 2nd internal drive isn't showing in the drive list in "This PC", nor is Windows recognizing the drive in Device Manager or Disk Management...BUT... it still shows in BIOS, and when I remove the drive and install it in a different Windows 10 PC, it shows up and works as expected.Am I missing a setting or something in the new Windows install? I can't update the driver, because it isn't listed as a device that I can get a driver for...

:)

CaseyFry1, Sep 22, 2022

2. My second hdd doesnt show up

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps & check if it helps.

• Type “Troubleshooting” without the quotes and click on
      Troubleshooting. Thenclick on
      View All on the left panel of the screen.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Click on Next andfollow the instructions.
    • If the issues still persist, refer to the below methods.

If the issue persists follow the suggestions provide by the
    Anil Madishetty
    from the below link..

Redirecting

I hope this helps.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Sep 22, 2022
  3. johnhill5 Win User
    Second HDD not showing

Hi, i have just upgraded my boot drive from a samsung 850evo (256) to a 960 evo(500) when i have the 960 install my second HDD wont show not even in Bios... when i put the 850 back in shows up fine and is usable...

What am i doing Wrong

Fresh install of Windows 10 x64 home on the 960 and reformatted the second HDD and still cant see it

Please help driving me crazy

johnhill5, Sep 22, 2022
  4. Manoj111 Win User

internal HDD

Namaskar Friends

This is my first post, I wish to know the maximum size of Int HDD that can support My present Asus MoBo

P8H61-M LX3 R2.0

pl suggest BIOS version is up to date 1107

Manoj111, Sep 22, 2022
Thema:

1. Second internal HDD not showing in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Second internal HDD

2. Second internal HDD not showing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second internal HDD not showing in Windows 10: I had to re-install Windows 10 on one of my PCs, but now the 2nd internal drive isn't showing in the drive list in "This PC", nor is Windows recognizing the drive in Device Manager or Disk Management...BUT... it still shows in BIOS, and when I remove the drive and install it...
  3. Second internal HDD not showing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second internal HDD not showing in Windows 10: I had to re-install Windows 10 on one of my PCs, but now the 2nd internal drive isn't showing in the drive list in "This PC", nor is Windows recognizing the drive in Device Manager or Disk Management...BUT... it still shows in BIOS, and when I remove the drive and install it...
  4. Can a Desktop be created on a second internal HDD?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can a Desktop be created on a second internal HDD?: On Win 10 Home my Dell desktop has an internal 128 GB SSD (C drive) and a 1TB standard HDD (D drive). Wondering if it is possible to somehow create a desktop for the 1 TB drive as documents, photos, videos and other storage hogs will be on it. Dell tech support (if I was...
  5. Will reinstalling windows delete files on a second internal HDD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will reinstalling windows delete files on a second internal HDD?: After experiencing several issues, I decided to finally bite the bullet and do a complete fresh install of my windows 10 PRO. My question is, if I am doing this complete fresh install (by deleting all my files and basically starting from scratch) will it delete any files...
  6. Internal HDD not showing in Explorer, shows in DiskMgmt as Unallocated

Internal HDD not showing in Explorer, shows in DiskMgmt as Unallocated: Booted up from sleep this morning after using the PC fine last night, only to discover that my partition of one of my Seagate drives had vanished from Explorer. Checked Disk Management and it is showing up in there and registers as 'Online' however all the space is now...
  7. Internal HDD not showing in Explorer, shows in DiskMgmt as Unallocated

in Windows 10 Support
    Internal HDD not showing in Explorer, shows in DiskMgmt as Unallocated: Booted up from sleep this morning after using the PC fine last night, only to discover that my partition of one of my Seagate drives had vanished from Explorer. Checked Disk Management and it is showing up in there and registers as 'Online' however all the space is now...
  8. Internal HDD

Internal HDD: Hi All.I have a Zoostorm desktop had it at the end of last year. It has a SSD & a Second hdd ''spinner''.All is working well the only issue is when I want to open a document there is a slight delay in the opening of it as all documents pictures etc are all stored on the...
  9. USB3.0 Issues and Internal HDD shows as removable

USB3.0 Issues and Internal HDD shows as removable: Hi all, I'm running Win10 64bit. My sig has all my system details. I use 2 SSD's and 1 internal HDD. Issue 1: My internal 2TB HDD is displayed in Device Manager as Portable Devices. This HDD hosts my User's Folders. Issue 2: I have an external HDD which is a...
  10. Windows 10 not seeing internal HDD

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 not seeing internal HDD: Hi I have a problem after a windows update where evrytime I booted into windows it wanted to check the disk and I had to press any key to cancel, so after searching the internet got this site up https://www.raymond.cc/blog/disable-...ndows-startup/ and used example : Start...