Windows 10: Second language keyboard uninstall

Discus and support Second language keyboard uninstall in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I wrongly installed Spanish language package on my laptop. I thought I was just adding a second keyboard. So now when I click Eng in my right-hand... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tony Vella, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Second language keyboard uninstall

I wrongly installed Spanish language package on my laptop. I thought I was just adding a second keyboard. So now when I click Eng in my right-hand bottom of the taskbar I get a menu that shows Eng, Esp, and Language preferences. I would really like to uninstall the Spanish language that I added so that I end up with the original Eng (USA) only. but when I go to language preferences and I click on esp, the remove button is grayed out. Can anyone please tell me how to uninstall the Spanish language pack that I installed?
    I wanted to add a new keyboard like in the old days one used the Control Panel NOT a language pack.
    Thanks in advance for all assistance.
    Second language keyboard uninstall [​IMG]

:)

Tony Vella, Oct 25, 2018

2. keyboard distributions on language bar I don't need

Hi Jimenez,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if it helps:

• Press the Windows key on the keyboard.

• Click on Settings, then click on
      Time & language
      option.

• Click Region & language on the top left of the screen.

• Click on Windows Display language to expand, and click on
      Options.

• Select the Keyboard layout, and click on Remove.
    If you wish to uninstall Language Packs then try the steps below and check if that helps:

• Open a command prompt windows, type the following and hit Enter.
    • Lpksetup /u
    • The Install or Uninstall display languages panel will open.
    • Select the language, click on Next and the Language Interface Pack will start uninstalling. You will then be asked to restart your computer.

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Oct 25, 2018
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    The extra keyboard layout keep adding to my language bar (with Pics)

Hi Panupong,

The updated Windows 10 may have detected your language, the reason why it automatically gave you the other Thai US keyboard. To correct this issue, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on the Start Menu, type in region and language settings and select it.
    • Under Languages, select Thai Kedmanee keyboard and click Remove.
    • Lastly, add it back by clicking Add a language.

After these steps, your keyboard layout will permanently stay with Thai Kedmanee keyboard.

Let us know if the steps above resolved your issue.

Xylee Del, Oct 25, 2018
  4. Second language keyboard uninstall

Uninstall primary input language

Hello,
    I'm using english-US as display language, but german (DEU) as keyboard input language.

I would like to uninstall the english (ENG) keyboard since the input language switches to english when I hide the unneeded language bar.
    It was very simple under win7, but here I did not find the way (remove is disabled). Can you suggest a solution?

Thanks, Marco

marcomarsella, Oct 25, 2018
Thema:

Second language keyboard uninstall

1. Second language keyboard uninstall - Similar Threads - Second language keyboard

2. Windows will not uninstall language or keyboard.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows will not uninstall language or keyboard.: Me and my brother share a computer. About a year ago my brother started learning different languages and consequently my account also added them. This was never an issue and if the French or Kanji keyboard was enabled, I would turn it off by pressing Alt + Shift and the...
  3. Keyboard language

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard language: Hello, so my pc just automatically adds English (USA) for my keyboard, and i am wondering if you can stop it from doing this. submitted by /u/BossManOnePro [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ltj180/keyboard_language/
  4. Keyboard language

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard language: Logitech keyboard starting up in English US and I am having to change on boot to English UK. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-language/8acdc6e4-0f44-48df-a638-40fa75c93065
  5. Keyboard Language

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Keyboard Language: At the moment , when I set up my computer I put US/English for the keyboard. Now I don't know how to change it to Australian keyboard or where to go. !! I'm just hoping someone can help me please. Sally McAllister *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  6. Language on keyboard

Language on keyboard: My language settings for my keyboard are giving me french letter accents I have it set to English Canadian then I accidentally added Canadian Multilingual Standard I have tried to remove it but in settings but when I click remove nothing happens I have reset the keyboard with...
  7. language keyboard

language keyboard: All of sudden my windows changed to Arabic on all my windows devices. Now the Arabic keyboard stays on first place as main language and I can't remove it because the remove button is inactive. How to remove the Arabic as an option and how did it come out as a main language?...
  8. How do I remove second language keyboard layout?

How do I remove second language keyboard layout?: My computer runs English , but has a Norwegian keyboard layout. When I reinstalled Windows 10 on Saturday I did what I always do, I removed the secondary language, and Windows 10 only has Norwegian (Eng NO) now. But, if I accidentally hit Win+Space, it changes to English (Eng...
  9. Keyboard languages

Keyboard languages: Hi guys ! I have mistakenly added Portuguese language for my keyboard, when in fact it should be Portuguese (ABNT2). It happens that I cannot DEKETE the mistaken one already added. How can I do that ?...
  10. Using second language

Using second language: Does installing a second language automatically translate ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-second-language/794c56b9-418a-477d-8ad0-2b3466cda22a