Windows 10: second laptop for display monitor

Discus and support second laptop for display monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Won't detect https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/second-laptop-for-display-monitor/744493e6-624f-456e-8663-0dfc47c6b535 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BarryMalkin, Oct 15, 2018.

1. second laptop for display monitor

Won't detect

:)

BarryMalkin, Oct 15, 2018

2. Second monitor doesn't always display?

I have the same problem that after reboot, morning startup or after sleep the second monitor, that I have selected as my main display, quite often (not always) seems to have been forgotten. I am using an HP ProBook6560b laptop and a Samsung Syncmaster P2250
    display as my second display. It is connected with the analog monitor cable and the computer KNOWS that it is connected to this monitor.

What I mean is that I can find the monitor and its drivers onboard and it is listed in devices attached to this computer.

Erik Eilertsen, Oct 15, 2018
  3. second monitor on windows 10 laptop will not stay on

Display car driver is not listed in programs. (Step 2)

The drive was successfully updated (Step 1): NO JOY. The monitor still will not remain ON.

kaylieantoinette, Oct 15, 2018
  4. Mark Ole Win User

second laptop for display monitor

Second monitor doesn't always display?

Hi Erik,

A secondary display may not resume after sleep due to some issues with the graphics driver or issue with the monitor's video cable. We suggest that you download and update the graphics driver by going to the laptop's manufacturer's support site.

You may also try to replace the monitor's video cable and see if resolves the issue. As we checked the specifications of your monitor, it turns out that it has a DVI-D and VGA ports. You may check your monitor's manual or visit the manufacturer's support
    site to get more information.

Let us how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, Oct 15, 2018
Thema:

second laptop for display monitor

1. second laptop for display monitor - Similar Threads - second laptop display

2. Second Monitor Detected but Not Displayed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second Monitor Detected but Not Displayed: I have a YOGA 920 running Windows 11. Here is the specs: Device name DESKTOP-PHBFR7H Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz 1.99 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB 7.84 GB usable Device ID 2C6DDC9C-8454-418B-A232-25A06FEF34DE Product ID 00325-96351-78859-AAOEM System type...
  3. Second Monitor Detected but Not Displayed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second Monitor Detected but Not Displayed: I have a YOGA 920 running Windows 11. Here is the specs: Device name DESKTOP-PHBFR7H Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz 1.99 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB 7.84 GB usable Device ID 2C6DDC9C-8454-418B-A232-25A06FEF34DE Product ID 00325-96351-78859-AAOEM System type...
  4. second monitor not displaying anything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    second monitor not displaying anything: I had a second monitor laying around and as I recently got a new keyboard decided to build a setup and bought the HADMI-VGA cable I needed. It has worked flawlessly for 3 days and today out of nowhere it stopped doing its job. The thing is windows detects the monitor and the...
  5. Laptop as second monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop as second monitor: Hi, i try to use my laptop as second monitor but on my main pc there is not option to connect to this laptop... Can be one on wi-fi and second on ethernet? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-as-second-monitor/606b7f2d-ada9-482d-b682-69935623bf4a
  6. Second monitor display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second monitor display: I bought a surface usb-c to display adapter usb-c into VGA adapter since my computer doesn't have its own VGA port and I have connected them properly but my computer says that it doesnt recognize the connection. I have no signal to my second monitor and I have no idea how to...
  7. Display on Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display on Second Monitor: Hi, When I connected my laptop Windows 10 to the second display through HDMI, there is no extended or duplicate display on the second monitor. Is there anything else I have to do to make the second monitor/display working? I will appreciate advise. Thanks, Verma...
  8. Using laptop as second monitor via wireless display

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Using laptop as second monitor via wireless display: What I want: Use my laptop as a second monitor at home. The laptop does not have HDMI in so I have to go wireless. So I have both computers setup to use the connect app, have the settings configured under "projecting to this PC", both on the same network (desktop wired and...
  9. Display Settings for Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Display Settings for Second Monitor: Display setting is not working for my second monitor since installing Windows 10 on my PC. It does not allow me to set up second monitor, please help. Have check driver set up, still not working....
  10. Second Monitor Not Displaying Image

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second Monitor Not Displaying Image: Hi, I am using a Windows 10 laptop, I have a problem where my second display which is connected via HDMI is detected and seems to get a signal as it turns on but it doesn't display an image. My primary monitor uses the internal Intel gpu while my secondary is using the...