Windows 10: second laptop for display monitor

Discus and support second laptop for display monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Won't detect https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/second-laptop-for-display-monitor/744493e6-624f-456e-8663-0dfc47c6b535 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BarryMalkin, Oct 15, 2018.

1. second laptop for display monitor

Won't detect

:)

BarryMalkin, Oct 15, 2018

2. Second monitor doesn't always display?

I have the same problem that after reboot, morning startup or after sleep the second monitor, that I have selected as my main display, quite often (not always) seems to have been forgotten. I am using an HP ProBook6560b laptop and a Samsung Syncmaster P2250
    display as my second display. It is connected with the analog monitor cable and the computer KNOWS that it is connected to this monitor.

What I mean is that I can find the monitor and its drivers onboard and it is listed in devices attached to this computer.

Erik Eilertsen, Oct 15, 2018
  3. second monitor on windows 10 laptop will not stay on

Display car driver is not listed in programs. (Step 2)

The drive was successfully updated (Step 1): NO JOY. The monitor still will not remain ON.

kaylieantoinette, Oct 15, 2018
  4. Mark Ole Win User

second laptop for display monitor

Second monitor doesn't always display?

Hi Erik,

A secondary display may not resume after sleep due to some issues with the graphics driver or issue with the monitor's video cable. We suggest that you download and update the graphics driver by going to the laptop's manufacturer's support site.

You may also try to replace the monitor's video cable and see if resolves the issue. As we checked the specifications of your monitor, it turns out that it has a DVI-D and VGA ports. You may check your monitor's manual or visit the manufacturer's support
    site to get more information.

Let us how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, Oct 15, 2018
Thema:

second laptop for display monitor

1. second laptop for display monitor - Similar Threads - second laptop display

2. Second monitor recognized, but display is black (no display) - windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second monitor recognized, but display is black (no display) - windows 10: Hi everyone, i recently bought a new PC- a PowerSpec B729 (running windows 10). I Was able to successfully connect two monitors to it. The second monitor was connected using a VGA (on the monitor) to HDMI (on the computer) cable and its display was fine for the first few...
  3. Second Monitor Not Displaying Image

Second Monitor Not Displaying Image: Hi, I am using a Windows 10 laptop, I have a problem where my second display which is connected via HDMI is detected and seems to get a signal as it turns on but it doesn't display an image. My primary monitor uses the internal Intel gpu while my secondary is using the...
  4. Second monitor won't display - Windows 10

Second monitor won't display - Windows 10: As the title says, I'm having an issue where the second monitor in my set-up won't display in Windows. Configuration: Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth A170 Mark 1 CPU: Intel i5-6600K GPU: ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX590 running Radeon Adrenalin 19.2.2 Monitor 1:...
  5. duplicate display on second monitor in windows 10

duplicate display on second monitor in windows 10: I recently purchased a second monitor (AOC e1659 fwu) to work with my HP Elitebook on Windows 10. No problem getting the second monitor to work in extended mode. But I'd like for it to work in duplicate mode. When I press the Windows Key + P, I can select the option for...
  6. Laptop Won't Recognize Second Monitor

Laptop Won't Recognize Second Monitor: Have a Razer Blade Stealth laptop and trying to hook up an external monitor to it. Right now it won't detect the Viewsonic VG2228wm-LED monitor that I have tried to hook up. I have tried downloading the drivers from Viewsonic and that didn't do anything. Also updated the...
  7. Windows does no display on my second monitor

Windows does no display on my second monitor: Hello, I've recently purchased 2 new super-thin HDMI cables since a normal one wouldn't fit in my Graphics Card due to problems with my computer case design. I ran into a problem with my second HDMI which is the one that displays 4K 60hz, the other one can only do up to...
  8. Second Display Monitor Resolution Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Second Display Monitor Resolution Greyed Out: I switched out to a new computer a few months ago, and I still cannot figure this out. I used the same two monitors with my last Windows 10 HP computer, and my Dell monitor is locked in a low resolution with this new Dell computer. Everything is fully updated, including the...
  9. dual monitor display with laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    dual monitor display with laptop: I have two monitors and an HDMI splitter. When I plug it in, it only gives me an option for display 1 (being the laptop display) and display two which it uses for both monitors. So display two is simply two monitors showing the same thing. I want to be able to use both...
  10. Cannot extend display to second monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Cannot extend display to second monitor: I am using windows 10 pro on my Powerspec desktop PC. I have one HP monitor and one AOC monitor. I had three monitors (one HP and 2 AOC monitors) working fine using extended display. After removing one monitor (now have 2), the extended display does not work any more. I can...