Windows 10: Second monitor appears smaller in display settings - Mouse gets stuck at certain points...

Discus and support Second monitor appears smaller in display settings - Mouse gets stuck at certain points... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I just set up my second monitor and in the display settings one screen appears smaller than the other. They are both 27 inches but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/supergreekman123, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Second monitor appears smaller in display settings - Mouse gets stuck at certain points...

Second monitor appears smaller in display settings - Mouse gets stuck at certain points... O5Mu3hcd-TC2miGvOtLew-qYuUFZEtc5FzgxN23_0wo.jpg

I just set up my second monitor and in the display settings one screen appears smaller than the other. They are both 27 inches but different resolutions. When I move my mouse at the very top or very bottom from one monitor to the next the cursor gets stuck (unless I am in the middle of the screen). Has anyone encountered this?

https://preview.redd.it/6josh634n3q...bp&s=00f2e1e324c85c14f80c72ae368e8b4816833673

submitted by /u/supergreekman123
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/supergreekman123, Sep 29, 2020
  2. xSheepy Win User

Can you set certain applications to not display on second monitor?

NOT looking to open certain applications on a certain monitor. Sorry if this is in the wrong topic.

I just set up my dual monitors, and I'd like to know if it's possible to have an application not display on the second monitor. When I drag a window halfway off the screen on the first monitor it then appears on the second monitor. Obviously, one way around
    this is to just drag the window to the other side of the monitor, but I'm hoping there is a way around to not having certain applications appear on the second monitor.

Is there such a thing? Thanks in advance.

xSheepy, Sep 29, 2020
  3. One Monitor running on a 2 monitor display, cant disable the second monitor. Help?

Hi,

If you can't access the Display settings, it means that it appears on the second monitor which you don't have. This happens if Windows is not back to the primary desktop.

We found an article similar with your concern. We suggest following the troubleshooting steps provided by SpiritX MS MVP on this

thread
    . It will guide you on how to disable the second display.

Don't hesitate to get back to us if you need further assistance.

Gerard Qui, Sep 29, 2020
  4. Second monitor appears smaller in display settings - Mouse gets stuck at certain points...

Second monitor appears pixelated sometimes

Before we get started, here might be some setup information that may be worth noting. My primary monitor is a 1080p, 1920 x 1080 (native) using an HDMI to DVI. My secondary monitor is a SONY TV 1360 x 768 (native) using an HDMI. Both are connected to my graphics card and not the motherboard. I have always had this setup but I have not always had this issue.

Preforming the following actions may cause my second monitor to appear pixelated.
    • Getting a web browser out of maximized mode by click dragging the window or using the restore button
    • Using full screen on the secondary monitor
    • Dragging a window into the second monitor, sometimes

In order to temporarily solve this issue I must apply a change to any display using the Nvidia Control Panel. Using the Windows display settings to apply a change does not always fix the issue. Also note that after the second monitor goes pixelated, my computer does not detect a change in any display's resolution settings.

So far I have tried the following fixes to no avail
    • Keeping display drivers up to date
    • Using a DDU to wipe display drivers clean and start anew
    • Using the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter

I have tried to use capture software to screenshot the pixelation but it can not see it. I have to use a camera to show what it looks like instead.
    Before:

Second monitor appears smaller in display settings - Mouse gets stuck at certain points... [​IMG]

After:

Second monitor appears smaller in display settings - Mouse gets stuck at certain points... [​IMG]

Capture software is not capable of detecting the pixelation so I have recreated what it looks like on screen. Use this as reverence if the pictures look bad.
    Before:

After:

Tjaekazuta, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

Second monitor appears smaller in display settings - Mouse gets stuck at certain points...

1. Second monitor appears smaller in display settings - Mouse gets stuck at certain points... - Similar Threads - Second monitor appears

2. Whenever I get on certain games, they go the second monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whenever I get on certain games, they go the second monitor: Whenever i open certain games they open on my second monitor, but when i go to change the monitor, my main one isnt detected. Which is strange cause it doesnt do it with some games. This started happening right after i got a new huion tablet, the huion kamvas 22. No clue if...
  3. Mouse gets stuck between monitors.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse gets stuck between monitors.: The mouse gets stuck between monitors due to size of the monitors.Note black arrows indicate where it gets stuck, because there is no monitor on the opposite side of the edge.However, mouse moves freely where monitors have an adjacent edge.Cumbersome to constantly remember to...
  4. Mouse gets stuck between monitors.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse gets stuck between monitors.: The mouse gets stuck between monitors due to size of the monitors.Note black arrows indicate where it gets stuck, because there is no monitor on the opposite side of the edge.However, mouse moves freely where monitors have an adjacent edge.Cumbersome to constantly remember to...
  5. Mouse gets stuck between monitors.

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Screen display is smaller than the monitor screen

Screen display is smaller than the monitor screen: I was scrolling sideways to the left to see an image that went off the screen to the right. The curser caught the wallpaper and narrowed the display so it does not fill the monitor screen. I went to settings and choose the full screen recommended but got an error message....
  7. Second monitor display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second monitor display: I bought a surface usb-c to display adapter usb-c into VGA adapter since my computer doesn't have its own VGA port and I have connected them properly but my computer says that it doesnt recognize the connection. I have no signal to my second monitor and I have no idea how to...
  8. Display on Second Monitor

Display on Second Monitor: Hi, When I connected my laptop Windows 10 to the second display through HDMI, there is no extended or duplicate display on the second monitor. Is there anything else I have to do to make the second monitor/display working? I will appreciate advise. Thanks, Verma...
  9. Display smaller than monitor

Display smaller than monitor: Wiped off my key board now the screen doesn't fit. How do I reset the screen? Cant find the right settings!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-smaller-than-monitor/e0b41fe8-4fa2-4c9f-adec-49fcf6cd8024
  10. Display Settings for Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Display Settings for Second Monitor: Display setting is not working for my second monitor since installing Windows 10 on my PC. It does not allow me to set up second monitor, please help. Have check driver set up, still not working....