Windows 10: Second monitor can't be detected after updating to windows 10

Discus and support Second monitor can't be detected after updating to windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently upgraded to windows 10 64bit and now my second monitor is not working, the second monitor is connected from a vga to displayport adapter and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Zenitsu Boye, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Second monitor can't be detected after updating to windows 10

I recently upgraded to windows 10 64bit and now my second monitor is not working, the second monitor is connected from a vga to displayport adapter and it worked fine in windows 7. I tired using the force detect but it still can't be detected and i have the latest graphics driver for gtx1060 6gb

:)

Zenitsu Boye, Jun 7, 2020

2. Second monitor not detected

Hello,

May we know if you've already tried the suggestion provided by Robert Aldwinckle on forums on this

thread
    ?

If Windows can't detect your second monitor, it's usually a driver problem. It could be due to your video driver being outdated, incorrect or faulty. It's also possible that your monitor driver is causing the problem.

Since the issue occurred after the latest update, it's possible that the video or monitor drivers require an update. Try looking for the updated version of the drivers on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

If the issue persists, try to roll back the drivers to the last good configuration. To do that, you may follow these steps:

• Right-click the Start button and select Device Manager.
    • Right-click your device driver, select Properties, and browse to the
      Driver tab.
    • Press the Roll Back Driver option if available, and Windows 10 will begin the process.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Jun 7, 2020
  3. Erika Aro Win User
    Windows 10 can't detect my second monitor

Thank you for confirming. We can do the following:

When the second monitor is not detected, we need to isolate if it's the monitor, the cable connecting them, or the port. We suggest that you remove your 1st monitor, then use the 2nd monitor as your 1st monitor. After that, connect the 1st monitor as the
    2nd monitor.

Usually, this it's driver-related. Windows 10 won't be able to detect the 2nd monitor if the monitor driver is out of date or faulty. We recommend, rolling back to the previous installed graphics driver and monitor driver if it updated. Otherwise, update your
    graphics and monitor drivers on the Device Manager. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Type Device Manager in the Cortana search bar and press Enter.
    • When the Device Manager window appears, click the Display adapters and right-click the item below.
    • Select Properties, then Driver tab, and click Roll Back Driver and follow the on-screen instructions.
    • Expand the Monitors, then right-click the second monitor and select Properties.
    • Click the Driver tab, and click Roll Back Driver and follow the on-screen instructions.

If the issue persists, update the drivers. You can manually update the driver by visiting the websites of your graphics card and monitor manufacturers to get the fully compatible drivers for Windows 10. You can run the Find
    and fix problems with devices and hardware
    to automatically check for driver updates. Additionally, we'd like to know the make and model of your graphics cards and monitor?

Post back anytime at your convenience.

Erika Aro, Jun 7, 2020
  4. Second monitor can't be detected after updating to windows 10

Second monitor not detected after update

Hi Tom,

There are several reasons that could have caused the issue you are experiencing. One of these is the update you previously performed in Windows, either it was not configured properly by the system or the update components were corrupted. Kindly answer the
    following questions for clarification:

• Have you tried updating the monitor and display drivers?
    • Have you tried to use another user profile to check if the issue re-occurs?

Furthermore, we suggest that you add the other monitor manually. This is to ensure that the second monitor is still connected after the update. Here are the steps:

• Type connected devices and open Connected Devices on the
      Windows Search bar.
    • Click Add devices.
    • Select the Second screen.
    • Pick one of the 3 options: Duplicate, Extend, and the Second screen only.
    • The Duplicate option will duplicate the primary display to secondary display.
    • The Extend option will unite two monitors so you can use them both as one.
    • The Second screen only option will, obviously, disable primary and use only the secondary monitor.
    • Once you’ve chosen the preferred mode, save changes.

We're looking forward to your response.

PreciousLeb, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

Second monitor can't be detected after updating to windows 10

1. Second monitor can't be detected after updating to windows 10 - Similar Threads - Second monitor can't

2. Can't detect a second monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't detect a second monitor: HiMy laptop don't find my second monitor, I already try the window's + P, unistalling the drivers and reinstalling again and nothing, the second monitor is always in black.In the past this monitor works but after a windows updated the screen is always blackCan someone help me...
  3. Can't detect a second monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't detect a second monitor: HiMy laptop don't find my second monitor, I already try the window's + P, unistalling the drivers and reinstalling again and nothing, the second monitor is always in black.In the past this monitor works but after a windows updated the screen is always blackCan someone help me...
  4. Can't detect a second monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. computer can't detect second monitor

computer can't detect second monitor: I recently restored my system from a recovery usb stick. I am currently dual booting Windows and Linux. When I use Linux, my computer can use the second monitor just fine, so the monitor itself works. When I go to Display and click Detect, it says "Didn't detect another...
  6. After updating Windows 10 my second monitor isn't detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After updating Windows 10 my second monitor isn't detected: updated my windows 10 last night because of the whole end of service thing and now it isn't detecting my second monitor which worked perfectly up untill now. Ive tried detecting in the device manager and restarting PC, nothing. submitted by /u/Roastybunz [link] [comments]...
  7. windows can't detect my second monitor

windows can't detect my second monitor: last week I bought a new monitor. the first time I turn on the monitor it's working properly, the next day unfortunately when I turn on the monitor. my laptop detected and connect the monitor in a few seconds then reject to connect again. as it connected in a few seconds...
  8. Windows can't detect a second monitor.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows can't detect a second monitor.: Please help me before I lose my mind. I recently took out a screen from my old laptop, got the control board for it and decided to make it a 2nd monitor. As my graphics card only has 1 HMDI output that I use for my main monitor, this second monitor is connected by HDMI (on...
  9. Second monitor can't be detected after windows update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Second monitor can't be detected after windows update.: Updates have been wreaking havoc on my computer over the last few months. In a couple of cases I was able to regain normal operation by rolling back the update via system restore. However, twice now including today the update has left my computer (HP Pavilion laptop) unable...
  10. Windows 10 can't detect second monitor?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 can't detect second monitor?: I've seen a few forum posts and even youtube videos about this issue but so far nothing has helped. The problem I have is that occasionally my PC will not detect my second monitor at all, as in its not even shown in display and it can't detect any other monitors and I just...