Windows 10: Second Monitor Connected Through USB-C Hub Disconnects when Launching some Full Screen Apps

Discus and support Second Monitor Connected Through USB-C Hub Disconnects when Launching some Full Screen Apps in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all, I have noticed that when launching some full screen apps on my Lenovo Yoga Slim 7 laptop, the second monitor disconnects and I have to unplug... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Davwills03, Feb 10, 2021.

1. Second Monitor Connected Through USB-C Hub Disconnects when Launching some Full Screen Apps

Hi all,

I have noticed that when launching some full screen apps on my Lenovo Yoga Slim 7 laptop, the second monitor disconnects and I have to unplug and replug my USB-C hub to reconnect my second monitor and display the screen again.

So, for example, as seen in this video, when launching an app - in this case, Netflix - my second monitor will disconnect and turn off but the laptop doesn't recognise that it has been disconnected however I can't interact with the apps, even with the screen off.

The only way I have found for it to turn back on is to disconnect my USB-C hub and reconnect it.

Does anyone have any ideas why this might be?

TIA

submitted by /u/Davwills03
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Davwills03, Feb 10, 2021
  2. Fraserb82 Win User

Touch Screen as Second Monitor - Apps launching on main monitor

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience with using a touch screen as a second monitor.

I have managed to get it to use the touch functionality, so I can press on the touch screen and it will launch Edge, for example. However, my next problem is that it is launching the applications on my main monitor.

Is there some setting I need to change so that it launches on the second monitor.

For some more detail, we are trying to set up Promethean V5 smart panels for a classroom setup. There will be the V5 board connected to a PC and the PC will also have a monitor. The PC monitor has to stay as the main monitor and the setup will be extended (this is not an issue when setting up as a duplicate screen, for obvious reasons).

If anyone has any useful tips or suggestions on things to try I would really appreciate them.

Thanks

Fraserb82, Feb 10, 2021
  3. Umer Win User
    USB 3.0 Powered Hub disconnects every few seconds but works fine on USB 2.0

I have a TP-Link USB 3.0 7-Port Powered Hub UH700 with 7 devices connected. I have the hub connected to my laptop via a Belkin USB 3.1 Type-C to Micro-B cable. The hub works fine for a couple of seconds (sometimes minutes and sometimes even hours) and then disconnects. When it stops working, I can see the error 'USB device not recognized' and in Device Manager it shows, 'Unknown USB Device (Port Reset Failed)'. I have tried everything, literally everything but to no avail!

So far I have tried:

• using a different USB 3.0 7 port Powered Hub (TeckNet),
    • using a different USB 3.0 Type-C to Micro-B Cable (CableMatters),
    • using a different 6A Power Adapter for the hub,
    • using only one low powered device on the hub (different
      devices as well to eliminate the possibility of malfunctioned
      device),
    • uninstalling and reinstalling USB devices when they are functioning
      normally,
    • uninstalling and reinstalling USB devices after failure occurs.

I am using Windows 10 on my Alienware 17R4 and my USB Selective Suspend is Disabled in Power Plan and I have also unchecked 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' for every single device under 'Universal Serial Bus Controllers' and also under 'Human Interface Devices'.

Furthermore, I tried connecting voltmeter to my USB connector and can confirm that my hub with all devices connected at the same time is taking 0.0 amps from the USB connector and about 1.4 amps when hub is un-powered. Nevertheless, like I mentioned, for testing purposes I only have one non-faulty USB device connected to the hub in which case power draw is 0.0 amps when powered (surprise!) and 0.2 amps with the mouse connected.

The hub, when connected to laptop with a USB 3.0 Type A to Micro-B cable generates the same error (Port reset failed one) but continues to work! However, I do not get USB 3.0 speeds after the error. In fact, they drop to even lower than USB 2.0 speeds.

The hub, when connected via USB 2.0 to Micro-USB cable, works absolutely fine. Been using on USB 2.0 for about a week now with no issues but can't manage to get this working on USB Type-c.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I really want to get this working on USB Type-C since my Type-C and Power Connector is on the back of my laptop and I really don't like the cable sticking out from the side.

4. MGeigs642 Win User

Second Monitor Connected Through USB-C Hub Disconnects when Launching some Full Screen Apps

Windows 10 Wont Recognize Monitor through USB-C Hub

Hello,

I am trying to connect a second monitor through the HDMI connection on a multi-port USB-C hub. When i go to Display > Detect, it will not detect the monitor. I have gone through the Device Manager and updated the driver for Generic USB Hub and the other
    USB sub-devices.

Any further thoughts on how to get Windows 10 to detect?

Thanks for the help.

MGeigs642, Feb 10, 2021
Thema:

Second Monitor Connected Through USB-C Hub Disconnects when Launching some Full Screen Apps

1. Second Monitor Connected Through USB-C Hub Disconnects when Launching some Full Screen Apps - Similar Threads - Second Monitor Connected

2. USB-C hub with ethernet adapter disconnects for a second or two before connecting again.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB-C hub with ethernet adapter disconnects for a second or two before connecting again.: Just like the title says I have a usb c hub connected to my laptop in in the back, and on the usb c hub I have peripherals attached and it also has an ethernet adapter on it as well that I hook in from my modem/router combo. Everyday seemingly at random times I get...
  3. USB-C hub with ethernet adapter disconnects for a second or two before connecting again.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB-C hub with ethernet adapter disconnects for a second or two before connecting again.: Just like the title says I have a usb c hub connected to my laptop in in the back, and on the usb c hub I have peripherals attached and it also has an ethernet adapter on it as well that I hook in from my modem/router combo. Everyday seemingly at random times I get...
  4. USB Keyboard not workingconnected through usb c hub

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Keyboard not workingconnected through usb c hub: Every time I unplug the USB keyboard from the USB C hub after plugging it in keyboard does not work and repeats the first key pressed. After I remove the USB C hub and reattach it, the keyboard works fine. What could be the problem?I have Windows 11 Home 22H2 version....
  5. USB-C port not connecting to second monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB-C port not connecting to second monitor: I can't get my Hp Pavillion x360 2020 ed. laptop to connect to my second sceptpe monitor. It connects to 1/2 through the hdmi port. Ive tried a hdmi-usbc adaptor and docking station but it still isnt working....
  6. USB-C port not connecting to second monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB-C port not connecting to second monitor: I can't get my Hp Pavillion x360 2020 ed. laptop to connect to my second sceptpe monitor. It connects to 1/2 through the hdmi port. Ive tried a hdmi-usbc adaptor and docking station but it still isnt working....
  7. USB-C connected hub for dual monitor set

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB-C connected hub for dual monitor set: Dear community,I am trying to connect my dual monitor set via a Startech hub USB-C in to 2xHDMI out model MSTCD122HD, but it does not work, problem code 43 is reported. Anyone able to solve such issue?Thank you, John...
  8. External monitor connected through usb-c keeps disconnecting

External monitor connected through usb-c keeps disconnecting: Hi, I have a notebook HP pavilion power 15-cb012nc with 2 external monitors connected. One through HDMI works fine and the second through USB C port USB C to HDMI. The second monitor keeps getting disconnected. When I launch a game, it disconnected within a few minutes....
  9. HDMI Monitor from USB-C Hub Disconnects/Reconnects consistently when not in use

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDMI Monitor from USB-C Hub Disconnects/Reconnects consistently when not in use: I have a monitor connected to laptop through a USB-C hub. Everything is fine when I am using the monitor as an extended second screen, but when I select "PC Screen Only" under Projection settings, the disconnect sound plays, then the monitor reconnects, and my computer...
  10. Windows 10 Wont Recognize Monitor through USB-C Hub

Windows 10 Wont Recognize Monitor through USB-C Hub: Hello, I am trying to connect a second monitor through the HDMI connection on a multi-port USB-C hub. When i go to Display > Detect, it will not detect the monitor. I have gone through the Device Manager and updated the driver for Generic USB Hub and the other USB...