Windows 10: Second monitor -- duplicate screen 1 and 2

Discus and support Second monitor -- duplicate screen 1 and 2 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a new HP Pavilion laptop. In the display settings, I cannot select monitor 1 or 2 -- it only says "1/2." My second monitor shows a duplicate of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SundayTortelli, May 14, 2021.

1. Second monitor -- duplicate screen 1 and 2

I have a new HP Pavilion laptop. In the display settings, I cannot select monitor 1 or 2 -- it only says "1/2." My second monitor shows a duplicate of the laptop screen, but I need to be able to teach with Zoom and see slides on one screen and participants on another.Thank you in advance.

:)

SundayTortelli, May 14, 2021

2. Second monitor not detected after update

Hi Tom,

There are several reasons that could have caused the issue you are experiencing. One of these is the update you previously performed in Windows, either it was not configured properly by the system or the update components were corrupted. Kindly answer the
    following questions for clarification:

• Have you tried updating the monitor and display drivers?
    • Have you tried to use another user profile to check if the issue re-occurs?

Furthermore, we suggest that you add the other monitor manually. This is to ensure that the second monitor is still connected after the update. Here are the steps:

• Type connected devices and open Connected Devices on the
      Windows Search bar.
    • Click Add devices.
    • Select the Second screen.
    • Pick one of the 3 options: Duplicate, Extend, and the Second screen only.
    • The Duplicate option will duplicate the primary display to secondary display.
    • The Extend option will unite two monitors so you can use them both as one.
    • The Second screen only option will, obviously, disable primary and use only the secondary monitor.
    • Once you’ve chosen the preferred mode, save changes.

We're looking forward to your response.

PreciousLeb, May 14, 2021
  3. Problems while extending and duplicating on my second monitor

Hi there!

So I wanted to get a dual monitor for my laptop so I found a monitor at home. Its an NEC LCD monitor which takes a VGA cable for input. So I got a HDMI to VGA adapter, plugged it into my Laptop (Asus X510UAR) and it worked flawlessly. All the projection modes such as PC only, Duplicate, Extend and Second Screen.

But when i wend to adjust the resolution for the second monitor in the display setting, idk what i pressed accidentally, but now my second monitor shows a black screen during Duplicate mode and while extending to the dual monitors, the mouse cursor does shift to another screen, but the dual screen is still black(even though apps are working on it. And when i switch to only the second screen, the second screen works completely fine(Indicating that the hardware is absolutely fine)

I've tried with many forum suggestions such as changing the resolution of both the screens as well as changing the primary monitors and the configuration of both the screens and orientation as well but no luck. I've even tried changing the Microsoft administrator account to a new account to reset to the default setting but no luck there as well. And other ways to reset to the default setting weren't possible on my laptop.

Please do suggest what could be the possible ways to solve the issue which wasn't there when i initially started.

Thanks!

Windows Version 1903(OS Build 18362.592)

vanshaeeee, May 14, 2021
  4. Second monitor -- duplicate screen 1 and 2

Second monitor screen resolution problem

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your second monitor screen resolution, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?

• When did the issue first begin?

• To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try resetting your monitor settings, and check if the issue still persists. You may refer to your monitor on how to reset it.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, May 14, 2021
Thema:

Second monitor -- duplicate screen 1 and 2

1. Second monitor -- duplicate screen 1 and 2 - Similar Threads - Second monitor duplicate

2. Monitor 1/2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor 1/2: Why is my first monitor showing up as monitor 1/2 while me second shows up as 3? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-12/da4f197f-5930-4f7b-a348-e679c7f56be6
  3. Monitor 1/2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor 1/2: Why is my first monitor showing up as monitor 1/2 while me second shows up as 3? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-12/da4f197f-5930-4f7b-a348-e679c7f56be6
  4. Monitor 1/2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Row of 1 or 2 pixels on second screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Row of 1 or 2 pixels on second screen: Hi, Whenever I have a program eg. discord set to maximize on my second monitor, it will still show a small portion, about 1 or 2 pixels on my main screen. I was wondering what the cause of this issue is, and if any of you know how to fix it? See photo [IMG] I hope that...
  6. Monitor Issues, Windows displays on Monitor 1 or Monitor 2 but will not extend or duplicate...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitor Issues, Windows displays on Monitor 1 or Monitor 2 but will not extend or duplicate...: When first turning on the computer, the motherboard screen and windows loading screen appears on both monitors, then when signing into Windows it reverts to only showing on monitor 1. After signing in I simply extend the screen using Windows + P and through display settings....
  7. Extend, Duplicate, Second screen monitor functions not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Extend, Duplicate, Second screen monitor functions not working: Hello Microsoft, With this new updated version of Windows 10 on my computer, the extend, duplicate, and second screen monitor buttons do not remain activated after selecting them and revert back to PC screen only when the window closes, making it impossible to use an...
  8. One of my 2 monitors randomly goes off for 1-2 seconds

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    One of my 2 monitors randomly goes off for 1-2 seconds: I am using a desktop PC and 2 monitors. One of my monitors - the main one- will go black for 1-2 seconds then come back on. This problem may disappear for up to 2 weeks and then one day come back every few minutes. The cable isn't loose. What else could it be? The monitor is...
  9. Extend, Duplicate, Second screen monitor functions not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Extend, Duplicate, Second screen monitor functions not working: Hello Microsoft, With this new updated version of Windows 10 on my computer, the extend, duplicate, and second screen monitor buttons do not remain activated after selecting them. I am using an external monitor Huion Kamvas GT-221 Pro with an HDMI connection. My computer is...
  10. 1 of 2 new monitors not full screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    1 of 2 new monitors not full screen: I have a gigabyte MB with on-board graphics, 1 vga and 1 DVI as outputs. I have 2 new asus monitors with 1 vga input and 2 hdmi inputs. The vga to vga connection to monitor 1 produces full screen on 1920x1080 (recommended) Asus furnished a cable DVI to HDMI. This...