Windows 10: Second Monitor Flashes On and Off with USB Disconnect Sound

Discus and support Second Monitor Flashes On and Off with USB Disconnect Sound in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My desktop PC is somewhere in the 6-8-years-old range. I've used a second monitor for years for work with no problems. The last few weeks, every single... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jessica_42, Mar 19, 2024.

1. Second Monitor Flashes On and Off with USB Disconnect Sound

My desktop PC is somewhere in the 6-8-years-old range. I've used a second monitor for years for work with no problems. The last few weeks, every single time I turn it on or log back in from it being in Sleep Mode, the second monitor flashes on and off. Every time it flashes, it makes a USB connect/disconnect sound. I upgraded to Windows 11 to see if that might help, but the first monitor flashes when it "connects" and "disconnects" and it's completely unusable while I wait for the second monitor to finally connect. It keeps taking longer and longer each day to finally connect and work like nor

:)

Jessica_42, Mar 19, 2024
  2. Remon Ont Win User

connect/disconnect sounds

Hi,

The issue with connect/disconnect sounds could be due to the following:

• USB hub problem.
    • Loose mouse, keyboard, monitor or USB connector
    • Outdated software drivers
    • Sound settings

We would like to know more information:

• Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you checked if your devices are plugged/connected properly to your computer?
    • Is the issue happening when playing an specific game only?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Mar 19, 2024
  3. perkinw Win User
    USB disconnect sound

Keyboard, mouse, USB HDD. Since the mouse and keyboard don't seem to be affected, I suspect the HDD. I will disconnect it and see if that solves the problem.

There is no reconnect sound, just disconnect.

- - - Updated - - -

I did what you suggested. It is definitely the USB HDD. When I rebooted this morning, Macrium Reflect started a backup to the HDD, and I heard USB disconnect sounds almost continuously -- about once a second. The Macrium backup failed with "Backup aborted! - Write operation failed - The device is not ready."

I connected the drive to a different USB port on the same computer, but the disconnect sounds continued.

I moved the drive over to a laptop. There were no USB disconnect sounds. I was able to run a full Macrium Reflect backup on the laptop with no problems. Right now, I am running a SMART test on the backup, but it's taking forever.

Could it be a problem with USB? Or an out-of-date driver? I'm embarassed to say that I have no idea how to check for a driver update. This is an 8TB Western Digital Elements desktop drive.

perkinw, Mar 19, 2024
  4. SirChick Win User

Second Monitor Flashes On and Off with USB Disconnect Sound

Disconnected device sound keeps happening every few seconds

This is literally driving me to insanity.

I'm just using the pc normally and i keep hearing the sound that you hear when you disconnect a usb device.

It happens every few seconds. I opened up device manager, nothing abnormal there, but when ever i hear the disconnected device sound, the device manager refreshes the list.

I noticed also the task bar of open windows flash when it happens. I dunno why this is happening, it is driving me insane. Please help i need solutions to this problem, i don't know where to being to solve this problem.

SirChick, Mar 19, 2024
Thema:

Second Monitor Flashes On and Off with USB Disconnect Sound

1. Second Monitor Flashes On and Off with USB Disconnect Sound - Similar Threads - Second Monitor Flashes

2. Second Monitor Flashes On and Off with USB Disconnect Sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second Monitor Flashes On and Off with USB Disconnect Sound: My desktop PC is somewhere in the 6-8-years-old range. I've used a second monitor for years for work with no problems. The last few weeks, every single time I turn it on or log back in from it being in Sleep Mode, the second monitor flashes on and off. Every time it flashes,...
  3. USB disconnect sounds, pc freezes for a second and both monitor turns on and off a few times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB disconnect sounds, pc freezes for a second and both monitor turns on and off a few times: Hi, I've been experiencing this issue for a couple of months now and it's starting to drive me mad because I can't pinpoint what's the root of the issue. This seems to happen randomly but most of the time it happens when I close a game after playing or even closing Autodesk...
  4. USB disconnect sounds, pc freezes for a second and both monitor turns on and off a few times

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB disconnect sounds, pc freezes for a second and both monitor turns on and off a few times: Hi, I've been experiencing this issue for a couple of months now and it's starting to drive me mad because I can't pinpoint what's the root of the issue. This seems to happen randomly but most of the time it happens when I close a game after playing or even closing Autodesk...
  5. USB disconnect sounds, pc freezes for a second and both monitor turns on and off a few times

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. USB disconnect sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB disconnect sound: I get periodic USB disconnect sounds, but I have no idea what's disconnecting. Is there a way to find out? Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 19042) 174414
  7. Bluetooth disconnects second monitor

Bluetooth disconnects second monitor: I have a second monitor that connects to my laptop through an HDMI cable. The second monitor will randomly disconnect and reconnect whenever I try to play audio using a Bluetooth earpiece. I am very certain it has to do with an issue where Bluetooth is drawing power away from...
  8. PC makes USB connect/disconnect sound and monitor flashes on and off.

PC makes USB connect/disconnect sound and monitor flashes on and off.: I recently connected a Samsung TV to use as a separate monitor (NU6900 model) other then my dell monitor (S2716DGR model) and now every now and then my PC will make the USB connect/disconnect noise and flicker off and on again. I have tried removing devices in device manager...
  9. Disconnected/Connected Sound when turn ON/oFF monitor

Disconnected/Connected Sound when turn ON/oFF monitor: Dont know what happened, I think after update to the latest insider builds, when I power off the monitor > Disconnected sound, and have connected sound when power on the monitor, my monitor is Samsung LC32. After I power off monitor, I use teamviewer to control the Pc and saw...
  10. Disconnected/Connected Sound when turn ON/oFF monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    Disconnected/Connected Sound when turn ON/oFF monitor: Dont know what happened, I think after update to the latest insider builds, when I power off the monitor > Disconnected sound, and have connected sound when power on the monitor, my monitor is Samsung LC32. After I power off monitor, I use teamviewer to control the Pc and saw...