Windows 10: Second monitor goes to sleep mode for no reason

Discus and support Second monitor goes to sleep mode for no reason in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have to monitors linked to my GTX 660. Main one through HDMI and the second one to DVI port via VGA adapter monitor has VGA. It's been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JerseyGrzelak, Apr 3, 2021.

1. Second monitor goes to sleep mode for no reason

Hello, I have to monitors linked to my GTX 660. Main one through HDMI and the second one to DVI port via VGA adapter monitor has VGA.

It's been working fine but whenever I wake my PC up from sleep mode the second monitor VGA one is in sleep mode and after logging in I have to press win+P clicking "Extend" option.

This monitor also goes into sleep mode after I finish a League of Legends match after a match game turns off and you see match's summary in game's client.. When the game turns off this monitor goes into sleep mode. Suprisingly it sometimes DOES NOT happen which confuses me even more.

My graphics card drivers and Win 10 are up to date.

Anyone can suggest me a solution to this problem?

:)

JerseyGrzelak, Apr 3, 2021
  2. emurskp Win User

monitor goes into sleep mode

If I'm starting up my PC from sleep mode, my monitor goes into sleep mode 5 - 10 seconds after it gets going. If I'm turning on my PC, this isn't an issue; it works fine. My graphics card is up to date. Help!

emurskp, Apr 3, 2021
  3. David Haz Win User
    Using 2nd Monitor with Laptop and Goes Into Sleep Mode

Hi Charlie,

If your second monitor goes in to Sleep mode after connecting it to your laptop, it could be that some settings of the Power Options in Windows 10 are incorrectly configured. We recommend that you restore all power settings to default and see if the second
    monitor still goes to Sleep after connecting it. Here's how to restore the power settings to default:

• Press the Windows logo key + I to open the
      Settings
      app.
    • From Settings, select System > Power & sleep, then select
      Additional power settings.
    • From the Power Options dialog box, select Choose when to turn off the display, then select
      Restore default settings for this plan.

After setting it to default, observe if the issue persists. If it does, kindly connect the second monitor to another computer and see the problem is observed. Also, kindly use a different HDMI cable to rule out the possibility of a faulty cable.

We look forward to an update from you.

David Haz, Apr 3, 2021
  4. emurskp Win User

Second monitor goes to sleep mode for no reason

monitor goes into sleep mode

Thank you Vijay for the quick response. The troubleshooter didn't find anything. For step 2, I was already using the recommended setting. I noticed that the fast startup only affects the startup when you're machine has been turned off, and currently
    that is when my monitor works, so I didn't want to change that setting. My monitor doesn't work if i'm beginning from the pc being in sleep mode.

emurskp, Apr 3, 2021
Thema:

Second monitor goes to sleep mode for no reason

1. Second monitor goes to sleep mode for no reason - Similar Threads - Second monitor goes

2. My laptop goes into sleep mode after few seconds

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop goes into sleep mode after few seconds: hi, My Laptop goes into sleep mode after few secondsI am so annoyed.all my sleep settings are in NEVER, yet it goes into sleep mode.I restarted my laptop, it worked fine for sometime, but then its going into sleep again.Wondering if the IT team has hidden service running to...
  3. My laptop goes into sleep mode after few seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop goes into sleep mode after few seconds: hi, My Laptop goes into sleep mode after few secondsI am so annoyed.all my sleep settings are in NEVER, yet it goes into sleep mode.I restarted my laptop, it worked fine for sometime, but then its going into sleep again.Wondering if the IT team has hidden service running to...
  4. Second monitor goes to sleep and won’t wake up

in Windows 10 News
    Second monitor goes to sleep and won’t wake up: [IMG]If you have a dual monitor setup and the second monitor goes to sleep automatically without any sign to wake up, this article could be handy. Here are some of the tips to get rid of such problems – no matter whether you use Windows 11 or Windows 10. Also, the same...
  5. Monitor goes to sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor goes to sleep: Since I bought a omen 27i I've been having a little problem, when I open certain games such as Trove, Unturned, Muck and a lot more my monitor screen goes black and the monitor goes to sleep. When I press windows or esc or something to close or minimize the app the monitor...
  6. Second monitor problem after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Second monitor problem after sleep mode: So i have a dual monitor setup, the main one is connected through DP and the other through HDMI. Whenever I put my pc to sleep mode, and turn it back on, all the windows I had on my second monitor move the my main one, and i get a popup from my Radeon Driver, saying that...
  7. MONITOR GOES TO SLEEP

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    MONITOR GOES TO SLEEP: While working on the computer, it suddenly shut down and went into sleep mode. I cannot "wake it" back up. I have checked all connections and tried to power down completely. when I attempt to wake it up manually, it does through its startup routine and then goes back to...
  8. monitor goes into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    monitor goes into sleep mode: If I'm starting up my PC from sleep mode, my monitor goes into sleep mode 5 - 10 seconds after it gets going. If I'm turning on my PC, this isn't an issue; it works fine. My graphics card is up to date. Help!...
  9. Monitor goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor goes to sleep: I have gone into settings and set Scree to Never and Sleep to Never, so why is it doing this? I have even gone to Balanced which is selected and that is never also. What part of don't switch of does windows not understand? 120663
  10. Second display goes to sleep.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second display goes to sleep.: I have an older system with duel monitors operating on windows 10. The second monitor goes to sleep during boot up and is not detected in display settings. This has happend in past windows updates, but was always dectected and therefore recoverabl...