Windows 10: Second monitor has black background after logging in

Discus and support Second monitor has black background after logging in in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; After I log into windows my second monitor has no background until I open the start menu, then it will show the normal wallpaper. I fixed it before by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Enemy-Exist-737, Feb 20, 2023.

1. Second monitor has black background after logging in

After I log into windows my second monitor has no background until I open the start menu, then it will show the normal wallpaper. I fixed it before by just fresh installing windows but I don't want to do it again. I've reinstalled my drivers, unplugged both monitors, and tried a different wallpaper, nothing fixes it apart from the fresh install. Anyone else experience this?

submitted by /u/Enemy-Exist-737
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Enemy-Exist-737, Feb 20, 2023
  2. Swapna S Win User

Second monitor turned black, worked before

Hi Hendrik,

I appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I will certainly help you with the issue you are experiencing with the display on second monitor.

This issue might be related to the Intel HD Graphics 3000.

Provide us the additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the exact error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    Please follow below mentioned steps to fix the issue:

I suggest you to download and install the latest Intel HD Graphics 3000 drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if it helps.

Refer to the below link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/search?keyword=HD+Graphics+3000

Please get back to us, if you are still experiencing with the display on second monitor.

Thank you.

Swapna S, Feb 20, 2023
  3. zplugger Win User
    Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Feb 20, 2023
  4. Ericb819 Win User

Second monitor has black background after logging in

Trying to find a solution for the second monitor blacked when pc is locked!!

Actually it works normally when logged on to the computer's but when you lock/log off your PC the second monitor blacks out and shows no picture is showed but i wanted to know if theres a way to get the second monitor to show the lock screen background when
    locked!! My bad Sorry......

Ericb819, Feb 20, 2023
Thema:

Second monitor has black background after logging in

1. Second monitor has black background after logging in - Similar Threads - Second monitor has

2. Second monitor black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second monitor black: Since updating my drivers for my Radeon RX 590, my old dell second monitor is black.When I take out the VGA-cable and Put in back in my screen works for 5 seconds and after that it turns black.I have tried a lot of different solutions, but none worked.Does anyone have a idea...
  3. Second monitor black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second monitor black: Since updating my drivers for my Radeon RX 590, my old dell second monitor is black.When I take out the VGA-cable and Put in back in my screen works for 5 seconds and after that it turns black.I have tried a lot of different solutions, but none worked.Does anyone have a idea...
  4. Second monitor black

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Wallpaper on second monitor turns black after logging in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wallpaper on second monitor turns black after logging in: Just fresh installed windows 10 yesterday, and now anytime I log into windows, the wallpaper on my second monitor is just a black background until I open start menu. I haven't even touched any settings settings since I restored it, how could this even happen? I've reinstalled...
  6. my second than third monitors are going black after a few seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my second than third monitors are going black after a few seconds: Something I have changed is causing my second and third monitors to go black after some seconds Have tried checking power setting but all looks good?...
  7. Monitor turns black after one second

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor turns black after one second: Hey there, Not sure if this is graphics card related, but it might, so here we go... After long years of being able to successfully troubleshoot most problems myself, I´ve hit a dead end with this one: Recently my secondary monitor stopped working in a weird way: After...
  8. Second monitor turned black

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Second monitor turned black: Found a question from 2016 - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware-winpc/second-monitor-turned-black-worked-before/7c059bf0-aa91-49ea-ab13-82fb6a0cf216 have the same problem, but no solution there... Problem: One day i go away from my...
  9. Second monitor has no image on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Second monitor has no image on: I connected my second monitor using HDMI cable but it doesn’t work. It seems it gets a signal and is detected but there is no image on it. My main monitor is using the internal Intel gpu but this second monitor is using the dedicated Nvidia gpu...
  10. Second monitor black screen.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Second monitor black screen.: I have tried downloading multiple drivers to solve my monitor issue. I am trying to connect my external monitor. Having a laptop my main display works. My HDMI works correctly because using the same set up has worked with my TV screen. The monitor works fine with the other...