Windows 10: Second monitor has no image on

Discus and support Second monitor has no image on in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I connected my second monitor using HDMI cable but it doesn’t work. It seems it gets a signal and is detected but there is no image on it. My main... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Evelyn Gonzalez4, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Second monitor has no image on

I connected my second monitor using HDMI cable but it doesn’t work. It seems it gets a signal and is detected but there is no image on it. My main monitor is using the internal Intel gpu but this second monitor is using the dedicated Nvidia gpu

:)

Evelyn Gonzalez4, Apr 3, 2019

2. Second monitor screen resolution problem

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your second monitor screen resolution, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?

• When did the issue first begin?

• To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try resetting your monitor settings, and check if the issue still persists. You may refer to your monitor on how to reset it.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Apr 3, 2019
  3. Image on a second monitor

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing issues using another monitor with your laptop.

I would like to know some information.

• What are you connecting to your laptop is it a TV or Monitor?

• Is it a Wireless connection or through HDMI cables?

I would suggest you to refer to the Microsoft Help Article given below and check if that helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

Note: Holds Good for Windows 10.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, Apr 3, 2019
  4. Second monitor has no image on

Issues while installing a second monitor in Windows 10

Really? I get a canned answer and nothing else? I posted that I had tried everything that I could find posted online. I did read the post that Andre suggested multiple times prior to posting this request for help. None of it helped.

My computer does not recognize that there is a second monitor is plugged in. The small step of changing the settings so I can put stuff on the second monitor ISN'T the issue. I am not that dumb. in the device manager there is only the single monitor listed
    at one point there was a unknown device listed but my computer did not know if it was a monitor or a printer.

There has to be someone out there that knows how to fix this

Please Help

squareknees, Apr 3, 2019
Thema:

Second monitor has no image on

1. Second monitor has no image on - Similar Threads - Second monitor has

2. Second Monitor has problem starting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second Monitor has problem starting: Hello guys!Wish you guys have a good day!I have a main monitor, and several others connected through an 8-port hdmi splitterAll of sudden, my windows desktop can not detect the second monitors, even though the hdmi port is still working. The second monitor is sometimes on,...
  3. Second Monitor has problem starting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second Monitor has problem starting: Hello guys!Wish you guys have a good day!I have a main monitor, and several others connected through an 8-port hdmi splitterAll of sudden, my windows desktop can not detect the second monitors, even though the hdmi port is still working. The second monitor is sometimes on,...
  4. Second monitor has a weird resolution now

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second monitor has a weird resolution now: So i have a monitor which i've used with an older computer for quite a while. But today, i decided to use my monitor with my laptop. For some reason, when i use my monitor with my computer, it's recommended resolution is 1920x1080, which looks just fine.But when i use my...
  5. Second monitor has a weird resolution now

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second monitor has a weird resolution now: So i have a monitor which i've used with an older computer for quite a while. But today, i decided to use my monitor with my laptop. For some reason, when i use my monitor with my computer, it's recommended resolution is 1920x1080, which looks just fine.But when i use my...
  6. Second Monitor issues - There is no second monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Second Monitor issues - There is no second monitor: I have had Windows 10 for a while but now for some reason it thinks I have two monitors (which I dont) and when I try to troubleshoot and go through settings, the settings window is now opening on this invisible second monitor.. Anyone know what to do? I'm not that great...
  7. Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Second Monitor: using a second monitor the app font-size is so small I can hardly read it. How can I change the app font-size on the second monitor with also changing the host PC. Second monitor is by Virzen....
  8. Ghost or residual image on my second monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ghost or residual image on my second monitor: Hi, I have the exact same issue has posted here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-second-ghost-desktop-in-windows-10-i-do/f3e80c3b-9f74-4278-84e5-fe64e2ecb7bd Aside from a restart, would there be a way to permanently fix this issue so it...
  9. Second Monitor Not Displaying Image

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second Monitor Not Displaying Image: Hi, I am using a Windows 10 laptop, I have a problem where my second display which is connected via HDMI is detected and seems to get a signal as it turns on but it doesn't display an image. My primary monitor uses the internal Intel gpu while my secondary is using the...
  10. Second monitor has wrong resolution

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Second monitor has wrong resolution: for a while, I've been using a Dell E248WFPb (native 1920x1200) connected via VGA on my Dell Optiplex 7040 Micro successfully at it's native resolution. But I just moved the computer to another room, and now that same monitor is a second monitor to a Samsung 2343 (native...