Windows 10: Second monitor has trouble turning on when I start PC

Discus and support Second monitor has trouble turning on when I start PC in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have 2 of the same monitors. Both are Samsung same model. Both are connected with HDMI cables to my graphic card NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by OneChainz, Dec 9, 2020.

1. OneChainz Win User

Second monitor has trouble turning on when I start PC

I have 2 of the same monitors. Both are Samsung same model.
    Both are connected with HDMI cables to my graphic card NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060.

When I turn on the PC the main monitor turn on normal, but the second one is grey and all it says is HDMI port 2 both are connected to that port then it goes black and my main monitor turns grey for a second then turns back on and second one goes back to grey. It happens again and again. Second monitor is trying to turn on and somehow my main turns off like they are trying to be synced together.

Sometimes second one wont turn on at all and just stays off and it switches to one monitor style.
    If I unplug the HDMI cable from the graphic card or the monitor itselfs and plug it back in it turns on normal and everything works fine.

They are brand new and when they work, they work. I have no other problems with them besides the second one not turning on with the PC like the main one.

I have tried reinstallling drives, playing with settings, googling but I havent find a solution.

I had dual monitors before but one was connected with HDMI and other one with HDMI to VGA/DVI cable and I had no problems then.

They are both on same resolution and 144hz.

:)

OneChainz, Dec 9, 2020

2. second monitor

Hi Pauline,

Some of the advantages of having multiple screens (dual monitor) are it increases your productivity or it allows you to do multitasking. When awaking your PC after putting it to sleep, it will be directed at the sign in page. Normally,
    the second monitor will just reflect black screen and the main monitor will reflect the sign in page. After signing in, your second monitor will automatically open if it is turned on.

If the second monitor doesn’t turn on, we recommend that you run the Power troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Click the Start button, then type Control Panel and then press
      Enter.
    • Change the View by option on the top-right to Large icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting, and click on the View all option on the left pane.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, kindly refer to the resolution provided by
    breadbox88 in this
    thread
    and check if it will help you with the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Efraim Gar, Dec 9, 2020
  3. Second Monitor

Hi David,

Some of the advantages of having multiple screens (dual monitor) are it increases your productivity or it allows you to do multitasking. When awaking your PC after putting it to sleep, it will be directed at the sign in page. Normally,
    the second monitor will just reflect black screen and the main monitor will reflect the sign in page. After signing in, your second monitor will automatically open if it is turned on.

If the second monitor doesn’t turn on, we recommend that you run the
    Power troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Click the Start button, then type Control Panel and then press Enter.
    • Change the View by option on the top-right to Large icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting, and click on the View all option on the left pane.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, kindly refer to the resolution provided by breadbox88 in this thread and
    check if it will help you with the issue.

Update us with the outcome.

Efraim Gar, Dec 9, 2020
  4. Swapna S Win User

Second monitor turned black, worked before

Hi Hendrik,

I appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I will certainly help you with the issue you are experiencing with the display on second monitor.

This issue might be related to the Intel HD Graphics 3000.

Provide us the additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the exact error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    Please follow below mentioned steps to fix the issue:

I suggest you to download and install the latest Intel HD Graphics 3000 drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if it helps.

Refer to the below link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/search?keyword=HD+Graphics+3000

Please get back to us, if you are still experiencing with the display on second monitor.

Thank you.

Swapna S, Dec 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Second monitor has trouble turning on when I start PC - Similar Threads - Second monitor has

2. The monitor does not turn on when the PC starts, until I turn on the TV connected to it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The monitor does not turn on when the PC starts, until I turn on the TV connected to it.: Two screens are connected to the computer - a Full HD monitor via DisplayPort and a 4k TV via HDMI, an Nvidia GTX 1080ti 12GB gpu, Windows 11 Pro 23H2. This happens when watching content on the TV in the "Show only on 2" mode, before turning off the PC, I return the screen...
  3. The monitor does not turn on when the PC starts, until I turn on the TV connected to it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The monitor does not turn on when the PC starts, until I turn on the TV connected to it.: Two screens are connected to the computer - a Full HD monitor via DisplayPort and a 4k TV via HDMI, an Nvidia GTX 1080ti 12GB gpu, Windows 11 Pro 23H2. This happens when watching content on the TV in the "Show only on 2" mode, before turning off the PC, I return the screen...
  4. BSOD when turning on second monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when turning on second monitor: Recently I have found that when I turn on my second monitor connected by Displayport I am given a BSOD error - DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER. This happens consistantly everytime I turn on the monitor. Windows reboots and when will not load until the second monitor is turned...
  5. BSOD when turning on second monitor

BSOD when turning on second monitor: Recently I have found that when I turn on my second monitor connected by Displayport I am given a BSOD error - DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER. This happens consistantly everytime I turn on the monitor. Windows reboots and when will not load until the second monitor is turned...
  6. Second Monitor has problem starting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second Monitor has problem starting: Hello guys!Wish you guys have a good day!I have a main monitor, and several others connected through an 8-port hdmi splitterAll of sudden, my windows desktop can not detect the second monitors, even though the hdmi port is still working. The second monitor is sometimes on,...
  7. Second Monitor has problem starting

Second Monitor has problem starting: Hello guys!Wish you guys have a good day!I have a main monitor, and several others connected through an 8-port hdmi splitterAll of sudden, my windows desktop can not detect the second monitors, even though the hdmi port is still working. The second monitor is sometimes on,...
  8. Second monitor connect when the second monitor turn off. when i plug on the monitor, second...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Second monitor connect when the second monitor turn off. when i plug on the monitor, second...: i dont waht really going on. when my second montiro turn off and didnt connect to power source . my leptop detected the second monitor [ATTACH] but the name Generic PnP Monitor not the monitor type. and then i plug the monitor to power resource, the windows wont recognize...
  9. Second Monitor Restarts When Turning Off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Second Monitor Restarts When Turning Off: When the power settings turn my monitors off after the designated time, my secondary monitor will enter power saving mode. I'll then immediately hear the sound of a device disconnecting from the system, then reconnecting. At that point, the second monitor will wake up and...
  10. Second Monitor trouble

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second Monitor trouble: I have 2 main problems that are probably connected. I use a laptop as my pc and connected a second monitor (aka the problem). 1: Every application magnifies on the second monitor, even the minute things become bigger and more compact. For example, in Fl studio, all the...