Windows 10: Second monitor having problems displaying 1080p with windows 10

Discus and support Second monitor having problems displaying 1080p with windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Before updating to windows 10, I had my second monitor running with the extend this display option and it was running fine with 1080p. After updating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TheKaiser, Jul 29, 2015.

1. TheKaiser Win User

Second monitor having problems displaying 1080p with windows 10

Before updating to windows 10, I had my second monitor running with the extend this display option and it was running fine with 1080p. After updating however, the second monitor isnt working properly. Its displaying at a lower resolution, but it still says its in 1080p, and when I have something halfway between the screens, the page will display properly on both, but once its too far, it goes to the lower resolution. Ive updated my drivers and it sill doesn't work, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks

:)

TheKaiser, Jul 29, 2015

2. Dual Monitor Setup issues - 4k and 1080p combination

The issue is worse than it seems at first. I have a 4k display (200%) scaling and a 1080p display (100% scaling) and even office apps look blurry on the 1080p display. If I unplug the 4k display and reboot the problem goes away. I believe the problem is
    present on all apps and is a system issue. It's been suggested that to get the 100% scaling everything on both monitors is generated at 200% and then the part on the 1080p display is downsampled to 100%, resulting in the poor quality.

As it is Windows 10 is almost unusable with a very different DPI dual monitor setup.

RichardLittlewood, Jul 29, 2015
  3. I3enLB Win User
    Multiple Monitor Display Fullscreen Issue

I am using Windows 10. I have a second monitor for use with my laptop. I connect them using an HDMI cable. I set the second monitor as the main display, because I use that more often. The issue I am having is when I put an application into fullscreen it
    doesn't cover the whole second monitor. It's fine when I have both of the scaling (in Windows settings) set to 125%, but I dislike how large it makes things on my second monitor with that setting. I have the second monitor set at the 100% scaling. Both screens
    are 1080p.

I3enLB, Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

Second monitor having problems displaying 1080p with windows 10

1. Second monitor having problems displaying 1080p with windows 10 - Similar Threads - Second monitor having

2. 1080p on a 4K monitor or 1080p?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    1080p on a 4K monitor or 1080p?: If I get a 4K, I'd play 1080p on it before later upgrading GPU for 4K But I hear 1080p on 4K = blurry. Or is it one of those things like 'very high shadows' v 'high shadows' where you'd need to compare screenshots to see a difference and / or care?
  3. Second monitor display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second monitor display: I bought a surface usb-c to display adapter usb-c into VGA adapter since my computer doesn't have its own VGA port and I have connected them properly but my computer says that it doesnt recognize the connection. I have no signal to my second monitor and I have no idea how to...
  4. Display on Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display on Second Monitor: Hi, When I connected my laptop Windows 10 to the second display through HDMI, there is no extended or duplicate display on the second monitor. Is there anything else I have to do to make the second monitor/display working? I will appreciate advise. Thanks, Verma...
  5. Shutdown problem on 1080p display resolution

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shutdown problem on 1080p display resolution: For anyone who has the shutdown problem in which your screen may go off moments after you click on shut down but the computer does not actually turn off for a few minutes as indicated by the power indicator light staying on for a few minutes, you may want to try and switch...
  6. Desktop computer display shows 1080i on 1080p monitor with settings set to display 1080p.

Desktop computer display shows 1080i on 1080p monitor with settings set to display 1080p.: So my SSD recently shorted out and I had to get it replaced. After I got the replacement the display on my computer was only showing 1080i instead of 1080p. It also switches to 1080p when I'm in a game but switches back to 1080i when on my desktop. I have no idea what caused...
  7. Desktop computer display shows 1080 ti on 1080p monitor with settings set to display 1080p.

Desktop computer display shows 1080 ti on 1080p monitor with settings set to display 1080p.: So my SSD recently shorted out and I had to get it replaced. After I got the replacement the display on my computer was only showing 1080 ti instead of 1080p. It also switches to 1080p when I'm in a game but switches back to 1080 ti when on my desktop. I have no idea what...
  8. duplicate display on second monitor in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    duplicate display on second monitor in windows 10: I recently purchased a second monitor (AOC e1659 fwu) to work with my HP Elitebook on Windows 10. No problem getting the second monitor to work in extended mode. But I'd like for it to work in duplicate mode. When I press the Windows Key + P, I can select the option for...
  9. 4K monitor displaying from 1080p laptop

4K monitor displaying from 1080p laptop: Hi I have a quick question (hope this is the right category). I recently purchased a Dell 4k monitor (P2415Q) to use on my Asus 1080p laptop. I did noticed that I was able to stream 4k video online fine (extended display mode), however I will be using the 4k display mainly...
  10. Poor smoothing on 1080p second monitor from laptop with Hi-Res display

Poor smoothing on 1080p second monitor from laptop with Hi-Res display: I think the title pretty much sums it up - no matter how many times I go through the cleartype tuner on the external monitor, the text on it always looks jagged and not crisp at all, images aren't much better either. My laptop screen is fine. For reference the laptop is a...