Windows 10: second monitor icons

Discus and support second monitor icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; recently I have set up a second monitor on my windows desktop. everything is working fine however I would like to know if there is a way to mirror my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by gabrielferwerda, Jan 7, 2020.

1. second monitor icons

recently I have set up a second monitor on my windows desktop. everything is working fine however I would like to know if there is a way to mirror my desktop icons without mirroring the hole screen

:)

gabrielferwerda, Jan 7, 2020
  2. Anne Ros Win User

How to stop all the main screen icons moving to second monitor (Windows10) ?

Hi,

This can be a default when opening a game to maximize the functionality of having two monitors. To clarify the issue, we need additional information:

• When you close the game, do the icons go back to the main display or does it stays on the second monitor?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?

We'll keep an eye out on your response.

Anne Ros, Jan 7, 2020
  3. Second monitor screen resolution problem

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your second monitor screen resolution, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?

• When did the issue first begin?

• To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try resetting your monitor settings, and check if the issue still persists. You may refer to your monitor on how to reset it.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jan 7, 2020
  4. second monitor icons

second monitor

Hi Pauline,

Some of the advantages of having multiple screens (dual monitor) are it increases your productivity or it allows you to do multitasking. When awaking your PC after putting it to sleep, it will be directed at the sign in page. Normally,
    the second monitor will just reflect black screen and the main monitor will reflect the sign in page. After signing in, your second monitor will automatically open if it is turned on.

If the second monitor doesn’t turn on, we recommend that you run the Power troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Click the Start button, then type Control Panel and then press
      Enter.
    • Change the View by option on the top-right to Large icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting, and click on the View all option on the left pane.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, kindly refer to the resolution provided by
    breadbox88 in this
    thread
    and check if it will help you with the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Efraim Gar, Jan 7, 2020
Thema:

second monitor icons

1. second monitor icons - Similar Threads - second monitor icons

2. Takbar Icones Flashing on second monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Takbar Icones Flashing on second monitor: After a lot of hair pulling and tweking i decide to post my issue.. First of all my spec Ryzen 5900x RTX 3090 FTW 32 GB Tridentz 3200 psu corsair 1200 Motherboard asus crosshair X570 So you can see on the video that when i'm playing the taskbar icons flash on my second...
  3. Second Monitor issues - There is no second monitor

Second Monitor issues - There is no second monitor: I have had Windows 10 for a while but now for some reason it thinks I have two monitors (which I dont) and when I try to troubleshoot and go through settings, the settings window is now opening on this invisible second monitor.. Anyone know what to do? I'm not that great...
  4. Two monitors and desktop icons load on to second

in Windows 10 Support
    Two monitors and desktop icons load on to second: Please can someone help. When I have monitor 1 on (destop main) and the second monitor (off) but get new icon from installed program. How can I make to icon go on the desktop monitor and not the spare monitor 2 (which is off) when I'm not using it? When I open noepad...it...
  5. HDMI, second monitor and my icons disappeared

HDMI, second monitor and my icons disappeared: Hi guys! Yesterday I try to do what the cool kids do and connect and extra monitor to my laptop (with an HDMI high-speed cable KPHDME2). However, I started messing around with the settings, and here we are. Specifically, my icons first expanded, then somehow overlapped, then...
  6. desktop icons move to second monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop icons move to second monitor: Having used a small monitor as a second display for years, I bought a new larger one. Now, every time I try to use 'extend' display all the carefully arranged desktop icons move to totally irrational places on the second screen. It is clear this bug has been around for...
  7. No utility icons on second monitor.

No utility icons on second monitor.: I have 2 monitors and they both have a taskbar. I've noticed that the small icons next to the date/clock are not on the second screen. Is there a setting to do this or third party application to do this? submitted by /u/Qryza [link] [comments]...
  8. Will moving desktop icons on a second monitor change them on the main monitor?

Will moving desktop icons on a second monitor change them on the main monitor?: I have a HDMI switcher on my main monitor. When I'm not displaying my PC on it, everything switches to my second monitor which is smaller so the desktop icons are all funky. If I move them around when they're on the second monitor, will they be moved when they go back to the...
  9. icons moved to second monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    icons moved to second monitor: overnight the icons of my desktop have moved to to my external monitor that is set as extended . How could I move them back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-moved-to-second-monitor/586f72c2-8aa9-49c8-96e6-d307adad9131
  10. Desktop icons appearing on second monitor

Desktop icons appearing on second monitor: As my title suggests, I am trying to troubleshoot an issue where my desktop icons are appearing on the wrong screen. I have my primary display set correctly in settings however, the icons continue to appear on the wrong monitor. This isn't a huge concern to me, but it is more...