Windows 10: Second Monitor is first and first(main) Monitor is second.

Discus and support Second Monitor is first and first(main) Monitor is second. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have looked pretty much all Day for an answer to my question, but havent been able to find one. So the thing is, I have two monitors and I have had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BeeDate, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Second Monitor is first and first(main) Monitor is second.

I have looked pretty much all Day for an answer to my question, but havent been able to find one.

So the thing is, I have two monitors and I have had them for a few years. My Main monitor has always been the second monitor for whatever reason but it have never been a problem since I have just put it to main, and it acts as my main monitor, but now I want to use my main monitor only, but I cant since whenever I set it to single monitor, it is always the second monitor which is in use.

So my question is this. How do I change my monitors from first to second, and second to first.

-Thanks

submitted by /u/BeeDate
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BeeDate, Feb 23, 2020

2. Second Monitor

I connected a monitor to my Inspiron Laptop. The second monitor displays the same info as the lap top. When I go to settings it will not detect the monitor. I have upgraded all the drivers. Any suggestions?

cdbbroyles, Feb 23, 2020
  3. Second Monitor

Hi David,

Some of the advantages of having multiple screens (dual monitor) are it increases your productivity or it allows you to do multitasking. When awaking your PC after putting it to sleep, it will be directed at the sign in page. Normally,
    the second monitor will just reflect black screen and the main monitor will reflect the sign in page. After signing in, your second monitor will automatically open if it is turned on.

If the second monitor doesn’t turn on, we recommend that you run the
    Power troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Click the Start button, then type Control Panel and then press Enter.
    • Change the View by option on the top-right to Large icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting, and click on the View all option on the left pane.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, kindly refer to the resolution provided by breadbox88 in this thread and
    check if it will help you with the issue.

Update us with the outcome.

Efraim Gar, Feb 23, 2020
  4. Second Monitor is first and first(main) Monitor is second.

second monitor

Hi Pauline,

Some of the advantages of having multiple screens (dual monitor) are it increases your productivity or it allows you to do multitasking. When awaking your PC after putting it to sleep, it will be directed at the sign in page. Normally,
    the second monitor will just reflect black screen and the main monitor will reflect the sign in page. After signing in, your second monitor will automatically open if it is turned on.

If the second monitor doesn’t turn on, we recommend that you run the Power troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Click the Start button, then type Control Panel and then press
      Enter.
    • Change the View by option on the top-right to Large icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting, and click on the View all option on the left pane.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, kindly refer to the resolution provided by
    breadbox88 in this
    thread
    and check if it will help you with the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Efraim Gar, Feb 23, 2020
Thema:

Second Monitor is first and first(main) Monitor is second.

1. Second Monitor is first and first(main) Monitor is second. - Similar Threads - Second Monitor main

2. Whenever I plug in my second monitor my first monitor and second monitor go black. This was...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whenever I plug in my second monitor my first monitor and second monitor go black. This was...: My main screen is an Benq and my second screen is a Asus. They are both connected with display ports, I have tried switching the cables and updating all my drivers. Could this be a broken graphics card?...
  3. Whenever I plug in my second monitor my first monitor and second monitor go black. This was...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I plug in my second monitor my first monitor and second monitor go black. This was...: My main screen is an Benq and my second screen is a Asus. They are both connected with display ports, I have tried switching the cables and updating all my drivers. Could this be a broken graphics card?...
  4. Apps keep opening on my second monitor despite making the first monitor as the main...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apps keep opening on my second monitor despite making the first monitor as the main...: This has been driving me crazy, whatever I do to make apps open on my first and main monitor does not work! Is there any fix for this silly problem? submitted by /u/Ed043 [link] [comments]...
  5. Turning second monitor in to main

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turning second monitor in to main: Hi so i got a problem so my monitor from my laptop broke so i want to use a second monitor no problems there but then i factory reseted it for my litle brother and now ma screen is black i can't use the main screen cuz it was broken so now i'm stuk with a black screen what do...
  6. Turning second monitor in to main

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turning second monitor in to main: Hi so i got a problem so my monitor from my laptop broke so i want to use a second monitor no problems there but then i factory reseted it for my litle brother and now ma screen is black i can't use the main screen cuz it was broken so now i'm stuk with a black screen what do...
  7. Second monitor mirroring the first monitor, but windows isn't detecting it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second monitor mirroring the first monitor, but windows isn't detecting it: I purchased a secondmonitor to help me with work and studies, I use a VGA splitter witch goes froma VGAMale to 2 VGAFemale ports, connected both monitors, and the second monitor is mirroring the first one, I tried looking for solutions on youtube, butit didn't help that why...
  8. Second monitor mirroring the first monitor, but windows isn't detecting it

Second monitor mirroring the first monitor, but windows isn't detecting it: I purchased a second monitor to help me with work and studies, i use a VGA splitter witch goes from a VGAMale to 2 VGAFemale ports, connected both monitors and the second monitor is mirroring the first one, i tried looking for solutions on youtube, but it didin't help thats...
  9. When I connect the second monitor Windows just add the second to the first

When I connect the second monitor Windows just add the second to the first: Yesterday I bought a second monitor, I plugged it in and everything worked. Today when I booted the pc Windows didn't detect 2 monitor, but just one big with double the resolution. I've tried to uninstall drivers, unplug both monitors and to "Detect" multiple monitor in the...
  10. Second monitor is showing the same as the first

Second monitor is showing the same as the first: Hello guys I have been using two of the same monitors for about 1 year now, and it worked fine. But i wanted to change my resolution for windows. After trying it in the AMD Radeon Software Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 580, i told me that the resolution i want 1750x1080, is not...