Windows 10: Second monitor keeps going to sleep.

Discus and support Second monitor keeps going to sleep. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have connected a monitor to my laptop with a HDMI cord, When i am using the second screenmonitor as primary, I have Spotify playing but if there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Arshya Moghaddas, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Second monitor keeps going to sleep.

Hi, I have connected a monitor to my laptop with a HDMI cord, When i am using the second screenmonitor as primary, I have Spotify playing but if there is no activity within 5 minutes the screen goes black. when I press the keyboard the screen comes back, and the music had continued playing the whole time. I have checked the display setting and the sleep setting is on 15mintues and i do not have this problem with my laptop only when using the monitor. I am not sure what to do?

Thank you

:)

Arshya Moghaddas, Apr 7, 2020

2. HP monitor keeps going to sleep

Hi Ruth,

Incorrect power settings or options can cause your computer's monitor to constantly go to sleep. For us to properly isolate your case, provide more information by answering these questions:

• Which Windows version/build are you using?
    • Have you made any significant changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • Do you also remember changing or modifying your monitor's default settings?
    • Have you recently installed any updates?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve the issue?

Let us know these details so we can move forward to rectifying your concern.

Dhavelyn Mer, Apr 7, 2020
  3. SueOgle Win User
    monitor keeps going into sleep mode

monitor keeps going into sleep mode

SueOgle, Apr 7, 2020
  4. Second monitor keeps going to sleep.

HP monitor keeps going to sleep

I have an HP monitor w1907v operating on Windows 10. It was working fine, but now keeps going to sleep. It opens up but as soon as I start work (within 1 to 10 secs) it says "monitor going to sleep" & goes blank. Tried complete power down & reconnecting
    all plugs & cables, but no improvment. I'm now using an old TV screen until I can solve the problem with the HP monitor. Any clues out there as to what I can do?

ruthaldridge, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

Second monitor keeps going to sleep.

1. Second monitor keeps going to sleep. - Similar Threads - Second monitor keeps

2. Monitors not going to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitors not going to sleep: I have managed to find out why my monitors are not going to sleep by running powercfg /requestsC:\Users\Clayton>powercfg /requests DISPLAY: [PROCESS] \Device\HarddiskVolume3\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\RegAsm.exeHow do I fix this?...
  3. Monitors not going to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitors not going to sleep: I have managed to find out why my monitors are not going to sleep by running powercfg /requestsC:\Users\Clayton>powercfg /requests DISPLAY: [PROCESS] \Device\HarddiskVolume3\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\RegAsm.exeHow do I fix this?...
  4. Second monitor keeps on temporarily going black at random

Second monitor keeps on temporarily going black at random: I am working off of a laptop and have a second monitor to extend my displays. I have been using this set up for two years now and have not had a problem until last night. It seems that my attached monitor only main monitor on laptop is not affected will go black for a few...
  5. Second monitor keeps on temporarily going black at random

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second monitor keeps on temporarily going black at random: I am working off of a laptop and have a second monitor to extend my displays. I have been using this set up for two years now and have not had a problem until last night. It seems that my attached monitor only main monitor on laptop is not affected will go black for a few...
  6. Second monitor keeps on temporarily going black at random

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Monitor going to sleep

Monitor going to sleep: Hey,I've a problem with here. When i connect my HP monitor to acer Aspire v5 using a VGA cable,the monitor goes to sleep and when i disconnect it,it wakes up saying checking for video cables...
  8. Monitor going to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor going to sleep: Hey,I've a problem with here. When i connect my HP monitor to acer Aspire v5 using a VGA cable,the monitor goes to sleep and when i disconnect it,it wakes up saying checking for video cables...
  9. Monitor going to sleep

10. My monitor keeps going dark for about a second

My monitor keeps going dark for about a second: My monitor has been turning going dark for a second or two and it happens multiple times a day, sometimes I'll happen multiple times with only a few minutes in between, and some times it'll be hours in between. It never lasts for much longer than a second or two, and it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. second monitor going to sleep

2. second monitor goes to sleep when i plug in a cord

3. second monitor keeps sleeping