Windows 10: Second monitor mirroring the first monitor, but windows isn't detecting it

Discus and support Second monitor mirroring the first monitor, but windows isn't detecting it in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I purchased a secondmonitor to help me with work and studies, I use a VGA splitter witch goes froma VGAMale to 2 VGAFemale ports, connected both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AkaiMetal, Feb 20, 2021.

1. AkaiMetal Win User

Second monitor mirroring the first monitor, but windows isn't detecting it

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]I purchased a secondmonitor to help me with work and studies, I use a VGA splitter witch goes froma VGAMale to 2 VGAFemale ports, connected both monitors, and the second monitor is mirroring the first one, I tried looking for solutions on youtube, butit didn't help that why I'm writing here, my drivers are up to date and I don'tknow what to do, whenever I right-click on the desktop and go to monitor and goto where the second monitor should be shown, it's not there when I press thebutton to look for it it is still not there is there. [/COLOR]I'mworking in Nitech Stainless Inc. company. This is my website so you can referthis website to contact me. https://akaimetal.com/

:)

AkaiMetal, Feb 20, 2021

2. Windows 10 will not detect second monitor and just mirrors the display

Hi

My son has a gaming pc with a new NVidia video card and running Windows 10 I believe and we have just purchased an ultra wide gaming monitor for his birthday.

He wishes to keep his AOC existing monitor and have 2 monitors up and running and to extend the display and not mirror.

We have connected both via HDMI using I think the term is a HDMI splitter purchased from Amazon.

We have updated the Nvidia drivers as suggested and ensured all the cables are connected but when we go to Settings and additional display it does not detect the second monitor and the display is mirrored with no option to extend.

Searched on the web for half a day with no real suggestions. I use 2 monitors at work without issue so cannot explain to him why it will not detect the 2nd display.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

RobertHellen1, Feb 20, 2021
  3. 2nd Monitor not detected

I have same problem. Last night windows 10 did what was listed as the winter update. Since then my second monitor just mirrors the first monitor. Everything worked until the update. I have tried several things, booting with just the one monitor (ASUS)
    and delecting the first (ACER) and then adding both monitors, the control panel just sees the acer monitor. When I ask to detect second monitor it says second monitor not detected. I tried several different resolutions, that didn't help either. The same
    screen appears now on both monitors, but control panel senses only the acer monitor.

SherilBurton, Feb 20, 2021
  4. Second monitor mirroring the first monitor, but windows isn't detecting it

Second monitor not detected

Hello,

May we know if you've already tried the suggestion provided by Robert Aldwinckle on forums on this

thread
    ?

If Windows can't detect your second monitor, it's usually a driver problem. It could be due to your video driver being outdated, incorrect or faulty. It's also possible that your monitor driver is causing the problem.

Since the issue occurred after the latest update, it's possible that the video or monitor drivers require an update. Try looking for the updated version of the drivers on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

If the issue persists, try to roll back the drivers to the last good configuration. To do that, you may follow these steps:

• Right-click the Start button and select Device Manager.
    • Right-click your device driver, select Properties, and browse to the
      Driver tab.
    • Press the Roll Back Driver option if available, and Windows 10 will begin the process.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

Second monitor mirroring the first monitor, but windows isn't detecting it

1. Second monitor mirroring the first monitor, but windows isn't detecting it - Similar Threads - Second monitor mirroring

2. Second monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second monitor not detected: Split from this thread. I do not have any of these options on my computer. I wish I had never upgraded to Windows 11 this monitor problem has made my working life very difficult. I have to have a laptop open and my pc on so I can open items on 2 screens. Cannot move things...
  3. Second monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second monitor not detected: Split from this thread. I do not have any of these options on my computer. I wish I had never upgraded to Windows 11 this monitor problem has made my working life very difficult. I have to have a laptop open and my pc on so I can open items on 2 screens. Cannot move things...
  4. Second monitor mirroring the first monitor, but windows isn't detecting it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second monitor mirroring the first monitor, but windows isn't detecting it: I purchased a second monitor to help me with work and studies, i use a VGA splitter witch goes from a VGAMale to 2 VGAFemale ports, connected both monitors and the second monitor is mirroring the first one, i tried looking for solutions on youtube, but it didin't help thats...
  5. Second Monitor is first and first(main) Monitor is second.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Second Monitor is first and first(main) Monitor is second.: I have looked pretty much all Day for an answer to my question, but havent been able to find one. So the thing is, I have two monitors and I have had them for a few years. My Main monitor has always been the second monitor for whatever reason but it have never been a problem...
  6. My second monitor is not detected but still mirrors my first.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My second monitor is not detected but still mirrors my first.: My graphics card only has 1 HDMI output and I used an HDMI splitter which has two monitor extended mode support in order to get around this issue. In settings, my second monitor which is a small VIZIO TV is not detected but it is mirroring my first monitor. I have looked at...
  7. PC does not recognize my second monitor, and only mirrors my first monitor.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC does not recognize my second monitor, and only mirrors my first monitor.: I have two monitors connected to my PC, one connected via HDMI and one via VGA. In display settings it is unable to detect my second monitor. The image on the second monitor is only mirroring the image on my first monitor. How can I fix this? submitted by /u/HoLeeFuk-...
  8. Computer doesn't detect second monitor and only mirrors the first monior

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer doesn't detect second monitor and only mirrors the first monior: All my drivers are up to date "customize monitor displays" is not shown in display settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-doesnt-detect-second-monitor-and-only/8a06ad7a-82c2-4065-94ae-d3e92b5ed883
  9. Windows 10 will not detect second monitor and just mirrors the display

Windows 10 will not detect second monitor and just mirrors the display: Hi My son has a gaming pc with a new NVidia video card and running Windows 10 I believe and we have just purchased an ultra wide gaming monitor for his birthday. He wishes to keep his AOC existing monitor and have 2 monitors up and running and to extend the display and...
  10. Second monitor not detected

Second monitor not detected: After upgrade to Windows 10 Pro version 1809 my 2nd monitor is not detected. Updating display drivers for Intel HD graphics 4000 and Nvidia Geforce 710m graphics cards did not solve the problem. Rolled back to version 1803 and everything works fine. My laptop is an Acer...