Windows 10: Second monitor no longer detectable after WIndows 10 upgrade

Discus and support Second monitor no longer detectable after WIndows 10 upgrade in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Throughout the upgrade process I was using my second monitor. When Windows 10 finished installing,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jonathan Livingstone, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Second monitor no longer detectable after WIndows 10 upgrade

Hi,

I just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Throughout the upgrade process I was using my second monitor. When Windows 10 finished installing, my second monitor no longer worked.

I tried to troubleshoot it by upgrading the drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, and installing a new driver from Lenovo's website. Nothing has worked, and it still will not detect any monitors when I click the detect button.

I would greatly appreciate any help or advice.

:)

Jonathan Livingstone, Sep 6, 2019

2. Windows 10 no longer DETECTs the second display.

Windows 10 no longer DETECTs the second monitor on my surface pro.

It used to detect the Dell S2440L, but I moved locations and set the second monitor up again after it being disconnected for -1- month.

It no longer detects the second monitor. Also, the driver is not listed in Device Manager/Drivers list.

Peg Futrell, Sep 6, 2019
  3. Second monitor not detected

Hello,

May we know if you've already tried the suggestion provided by Robert Aldwinckle on forums on this

thread
    ?

If Windows can't detect your second monitor, it's usually a driver problem. It could be due to your video driver being outdated, incorrect or faulty. It's also possible that your monitor driver is causing the problem.

Since the issue occurred after the latest update, it's possible that the video or monitor drivers require an update. Try looking for the updated version of the drivers on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

If the issue persists, try to roll back the drivers to the last good configuration. To do that, you may follow these steps:

• Right-click the Start button and select Device Manager.
    • Right-click your device driver, select Properties, and browse to the
      Driver tab.
    • Press the Roll Back Driver option if available, and Windows 10 will begin the process.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Sep 6, 2019
  4. Second monitor no longer detectable after WIndows 10 upgrade

Kapil Arya MVP, Sep 6, 2019
Thema:

Second monitor no longer detectable after WIndows 10 upgrade

1. Second monitor no longer detectable after WIndows 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - Second monitor longer

2. Second monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second monitor not detected: Split from this thread. I do not have any of these options on my computer. I wish I had never upgraded to Windows 11 this monitor problem has made my working life very difficult. I have to have a laptop open and my pc on so I can open items on 2 screens. Cannot move things...
  3. Second monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second monitor not detected: Split from this thread. I do not have any of these options on my computer. I wish I had never upgraded to Windows 11 this monitor problem has made my working life very difficult. I have to have a laptop open and my pc on so I can open items on 2 screens. Cannot move things...
  4. Second Monitor No Longer Detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second Monitor No Longer Detected: I have a Microsoft Surface Laptop 4 running Windows 11 Home version 22H2. I have a second monitor connected through a Belkin USB-C to HDMI adapter + Charge. I put my laptop to sleep earlier this morning and when I woke it up an hour or two later my second monitor was no...
  5. Second Monitor No Longer Detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second Monitor No Longer Detected: I have a Microsoft Surface Laptop 4 running Windows 11 Home version 22H2. I have a second monitor connected through a Belkin USB-C to HDMI adapter + Charge. I put my laptop to sleep earlier this morning and when I woke it up an hour or two later my second monitor was no...
  6. Windows 10 no longer DETECTs the second display.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 no longer DETECTs the second display.: Windows 10 no longer DETECTs the second monitor on my surface pro. It used to detect the Dell S2440L, but I moved locations and set the second monitor up again after it being disconnected for -1- month. It no longer detects the second monitor. Also, the driver is not...
  7. Second monitor not detected after upgrade to win10

Second monitor not detected after upgrade to win10: I have just upgraded my system to Windows 10 after installing a brand new Hard Drive. The system was originally on Windows 7 and the second monitor was working perfectly. The USB 2.0 VGA device is plugged in is working properly and in device manager the diver is up to date...
  8. Second monitor not detected

Second monitor not detected: After upgrade to Windows 10 Pro version 1809 my 2nd monitor is not detected. Updating display drivers for Intel HD graphics 4000 and Nvidia Geforce 710m graphics cards did not solve the problem. Rolled back to version 1803 and everything works fine. My laptop is an Acer...
  9. Second Monitor is not Detected in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Second Monitor is not Detected in Windows 10: Hey so I just got a new computer, before I had windows 7 and everything worked fine. But with my new rig, the second monitor no longer displays. I've done a clean installation of my drivers but still nothing. Also tried windows key and P to select extend but again nothing has...
  10. Won't detect second monitor after Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Won't detect second monitor after Windows 10 upgrade: I was automatically upgraded from Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 yesterday and now my second monitor can't be detected. Windows says it doesn't detect the second one, even though it displays two. When I move the mouse, it moves across both screens, but the second...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. after ms update on graphics card for p6774y 2nd vga no longer works

2. windows 10 doesnt detect second monitor