Windows 10: Second Monitor Not Displaying Image

Discus and support Second Monitor Not Displaying Image in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I am using a Windows 10 laptop, I have a problem where my second display which is connected via HDMI is detected and seems to get a signal as it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MjsIR, Feb 28, 2019.

1. MjsIR Win User

Second Monitor Not Displaying Image

Hi,

I am using a Windows 10 laptop, I have a problem where my second display which is connected via HDMI is detected and seems to get a signal as it turns on but it doesn't display an image. My primary monitor uses the internal Intel gpu while my secondary is using the dedicated Nvidia gpu. I've tried to change a few settings in the Nvidia control panel but still didn't manage to do anything. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

MJ

:)

MjsIR, Feb 28, 2019

2. Second monitor not detected after update

Hi Tom,

There are several reasons that could have caused the issue you are experiencing. One of these is the update you previously performed in Windows, either it was not configured properly by the system or the update components were corrupted. Kindly answer the
    following questions for clarification:

• Have you tried updating the monitor and display drivers?
    • Have you tried to use another user profile to check if the issue re-occurs?

Furthermore, we suggest that you add the other monitor manually. This is to ensure that the second monitor is still connected after the update. Here are the steps:

• Type connected devices and open Connected Devices on the
      Windows Search bar.
    • Click Add devices.
    • Select the Second screen.
    • Pick one of the 3 options: Duplicate, Extend, and the Second screen only.
    • The Duplicate option will duplicate the primary display to secondary display.
    • The Extend option will unite two monitors so you can use them both as one.
    • The Second screen only option will, obviously, disable primary and use only the secondary monitor.
    • Once you’ve chosen the preferred mode, save changes.

We're looking forward to your response.

PreciousLeb, Feb 28, 2019
  3. Can you set certain applications to not display on second monitor?

Hi,

This concern may be due to your display configuration. In order to resolve this issue, we suggest that you edit it by following these steps:

• Press Windows + I.
    • Select System, and then Display.
    • Under Multiple displays select Extend these displays.
    • Also, your display screens should be aligned. See picture below for reference:

Second Monitor Not Displaying Image 8d44c6af-0a89-41c0-aadc-5473828de39f.png

Let us know if the steps provided resolved the issue.

Dennis Mop, Feb 28, 2019
  4. Second Monitor Not Displaying Image

One Monitor running on a 2 monitor display, cant disable the second monitor. Help?

Hi,

If you can't access the Display settings, it means that it appears on the second monitor which you don't have. This happens if Windows is not back to the primary desktop.

We found an article similar with your concern. We suggest following the troubleshooting steps provided by SpiritX MS MVP on this

thread
    . It will guide you on how to disable the second display.

Don't hesitate to get back to us if you need further assistance.

Gerard Qui, Feb 28, 2019
Thema:

Second Monitor Not Displaying Image

1. Second Monitor Not Displaying Image - Similar Threads - Second Monitor Displaying

2. Second monitor recognized, but display is black (no display) - windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second monitor recognized, but display is black (no display) - windows 10: Hi everyone, i recently bought a new PC- a PowerSpec B729 (running windows 10). I Was able to successfully connect two monitors to it. The second monitor was connected using a VGA (on the monitor) to HDMI (on the computer) cable and its display was fine for the first few...
  3. Second monitor has no image on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Second monitor has no image on: I connected my second monitor using HDMI cable but it doesn’t work. It seems it gets a signal and is detected but there is no image on it. My main monitor is using the internal Intel gpu but this second monitor is using the dedicated Nvidia gpu...
  4. Second monitor won't display - Windows 10

Second monitor won't display - Windows 10: As the title says, I'm having an issue where the second monitor in my set-up won't display in Windows. Configuration: Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth A170 Mark 1 CPU: Intel i5-6600K GPU: ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX590 running Radeon Adrenalin 19.2.2 Monitor 1:...
  5. duplicate display on second monitor in windows 10

duplicate display on second monitor in windows 10: I recently purchased a second monitor (AOC e1659 fwu) to work with my HP Elitebook on Windows 10. No problem getting the second monitor to work in extended mode. But I'd like for it to work in duplicate mode. When I press the Windows Key + P, I can select the option for...
  6. second laptop for display monitor

second laptop for display monitor: Won't detect https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/second-laptop-for-display-monitor/744493e6-624f-456e-8663-0dfc47c6b535
  7. Windows does no display on my second monitor

Windows does no display on my second monitor: Hello, I've recently purchased 2 new super-thin HDMI cables since a normal one wouldn't fit in my Graphics Card due to problems with my computer case design. I ran into a problem with my second HDMI which is the one that displays 4K 60hz, the other one can only do up to...
  8. second monitor

second monitor: trying to use a second monitor. dispays in settings does not detect a second monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/second-monitor/18038c0a-0b02-4419-bf8d-ded60e88807a
  9. Second Display Monitor Resolution Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Second Display Monitor Resolution Greyed Out: I switched out to a new computer a few months ago, and I still cannot figure this out. I used the same two monitors with my last Windows 10 HP computer, and my Dell monitor is locked in a low resolution with this new Dell computer. Everything is fully updated, including the...
  10. Cannot extend display to second monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Cannot extend display to second monitor: I am using windows 10 pro on my Powerspec desktop PC. I have one HP monitor and one AOC monitor. I had three monitors (one HP and 2 AOC monitors) working fine using extended display. After removing one monitor (now have 2), the extended display does not work any more. I can...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. second monitor is not displayed

2. image does not display on second monitor