Windows 10: Second monitor not keeping colour management profile

Discus and support Second monitor not keeping colour management profile in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When my computer goes to sleep or after re logging to my computer the second monitor had lost its colour management settings. Going to display... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Berdine&C0, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Second monitor not keeping colour management profile

When my computer goes to sleep or after re logging to my computer the second monitor had lost its colour management settings. Going to display settings \ Advance display settings \ Display adapter properties for Display 2, the Color Management windows still shows my most recent icc profile still set as default. Usually, like most of people, to solve the issue I select a previous icc profile as a default and strait after that I switch back to the most recent one and it fix the issue… until the monitor goes to sleep or if I log out. This is quite annoying and many have complained since 2015!

This is an ongoing problem for years and I am wondering if you have found a way to solve it.

:)

Berdine&C0, Oct 10, 2019

2. Windows 10 Second Monitor not shown in Colour Management App after recent update(s)

Hi,

After a recent update (not sure which one) the Windows Colour Management App no longer 'sees' my second Dell monitor.

The monitor is shown in Device Manager as "Pnp-Monitor (Standard)". It always used to be shown with its Dell model number, as my other one still is.

If I use the Windows Dsplay Settings app, both monitors are shown and can be configured, but when I use the Colour Management App to try to associate a profile with the 2nd monitor, it doesn't work because the monitor is not even listed there!

I'm running Build 15063.674 and Intel HD Graphics 4600 with driver version 20.19.15.4624 (updated today to try to fix this but to no avail).

The 'missing' monitor is connected via a standard VGA cable. The OK one is connected via Display-port. I have not changed the hardware setup at all in the last year.

Steve_B_2409, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Second Monitor Colour Calibration

Hi, Mike,

IS the profile set as default?

1) Navigate to ‘Control Panel – Appearance and Personalisation – Display – Screen Resolution (or Adjust resolution)’. On Windows 10 it is easiest to simply type ‘Colour Management’ into the (Cortana) Search Box at the bottom left of the desktop and skip to
    step 4.

2) Click ‘Advanced Settings’.

3) Click on the ‘Colour Management’ tab and press the button labelled ‘Colour Management…’

4) Ensure the ‘Use my settings for this device’ checkbox is checked.

5) Press the ‘Add’ button and then ‘Browse…’ to the ICC profile you just downloaded. Press ‘Add’ then ‘OK’. Note that if multiple ICC profiles are listed you will have to set the desired profile as default by clicking ‘Set as Default Profile’, too.

There is a Display Profile Utility which allows you to Store multiple profiles and switch between them. It's freeware.

https://www.xrite.com/service-support/downloads...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Smittychat., Oct 10, 2019
  4. Second monitor not keeping colour management profile

Second Monitor Colour Calibration

Hi There: I have a Dell XPS 15 2-In-1 with a Radeon™ RX Vega M GL Graphics with 4GB HMB2 graphics card and a 4K screen. I also have a 27" LG monitor (27UD58-B) with a 4K screen. AND, I have an X-Rite i1 Display Pro puck and software. Now the Dell doesn't
    have an HDMI port, but I have both a Dell dock that connects via USB-C and has an HDMI connection, and I have a USB-C to HDMI 4K 60Hz cable. Choice of cables doesn't seem to matter.

Calibrating isn't the issue. I have recently generated profiles for both the laptop screen and the external monitor. If I use only the laptop monitor or extend the displays, I can go into Display Settings and choose the .icm colour profile for the Dell screen,
    but no matter what I can't choose a profile for the LG screen. There's no option available to do so. I went into the Device manager and checked, and Windows is showing it as a Generic PnP Monitor. I bought the LG monitor for colour critical work (Affinity
    Photo, Lightroom, etc) so how do I enable the colour profile for this screen? And before anyone suggests it, I've already updated all of the drivers, etc.

Thanks,

Mike.

Second monitor not keeping colour management profile [​IMG]

Second monitor not keeping colour management profile [​IMG]

Mike Nelson Pedde, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

Second monitor not keeping colour management profile

1. Second monitor not keeping colour management profile - Similar Threads - Second monitor keeping

2. Second Monitor keeps blinking on and off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second Monitor keeps blinking on and off: When I connect my laptop ASUS - windows 10 to a second monitor Dell S2340LC it's working sometimes but after a few minutes or when I maximize a software google chrome on my second monitor it turns off then on then off. It just keeps on turning on and off. What do you think is...
  3. Colour profiles not loading at restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Colour profiles not loading at restart: Every time I restart my computer, the colour settings reset, making me having to apply thecthe profile in colour management every tike I restart my pc. Anyone know how to fix this issue?...
  4. Second monitor keeps going to sleep.

Second monitor keeps going to sleep.: Hi, I have connected a monitor to my laptop with a HDMI cord, When i am using the second screenmonitor as primary, I have Spotify playing but if there is no activity within 5 minutes the screen goes black. when I press the keyboard the screen comes back, and the music had...
  5. Monitor colour

Monitor colour: I have added a monitor to my laptop using VGA cabl, the colour on the laptop is good but on the monitor is very yellow?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-colour/2ea75849-d075-4450-a8db-6dd38eea9375
  6. Windows keeps switching to different colour profile

Windows keeps switching to different colour profile: Hi. For some time now my display colours have been looking a little bit off and I finally decided to calibrate them. I completed the calibration and found out that my gamma was set way too high. After fixing that my display looked nice and everything was fine. I then closed...
  7. Windows colour profile problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows colour profile problems: I have 2 Win10 Pcs, both with the same model of Dell monitor. One is calibrated with the LUT in the monitor, and one with an ICC profile (defunct USB hub, so no access to the LUT) . Both PCs have the same wallpaper picture, one of mine. The wallpaper looked the same as the...
  8. Colour management settings

Colour management settings: I have somehow fiddled with the colour management settings on my laptop and it will now only print in black and white. printer is fine and will print in colour from any other device. Can anyone help?...
  9. Second Monitor Colour Calibration

Second Monitor Colour Calibration: Hi There: I have a Dell XPS 15 2-In-1 with a Radeon™ RX Vega M GL Graphics with 4GB HMB2 graphics card and a 4K screen. I also have a 27" LG monitor (27UD58-B) with a 4K screen. AND, I have an X-Rite i1 Display Pro puck and software. Now the Dell doesn't have an HDMI port,...
  10. ICC colour profiles

ICC colour profiles: I want to remove a yellowish tint from my laptop screen - LG Display LP173WF4-SPF5 I have added a few ICC profiles but the colours look exactly the same, is this possible with laptop screens or is it just for monitors?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. radeon rx 570 windows 10 icc profile problem