Windows 10: Second monitor not shutting off with shut down.

Discus and support Second monitor not shutting off with shut down. in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello, First monitor : Asus PG27AQ via DisplayPort Second monitor : BenQ V2400W via HDMI Video card : Asus NVidia GTX 1080 OS : Windows 10 Pro 64... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by LegendsTen, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Second monitor not shutting off with shut down.

Hello,

First monitor : Asus PG27AQ via DisplayPort
    Second monitor : BenQ V2400W via HDMI
    Video card : Asus NVidia GTX 1080

On Power down, the first monitor (ASUS) will shut off, but the second (BenQ) will not.

Thank you for your assistance.

:)

LegendsTen, Jan 27, 2017

2. WINDOWS 10 SHUTDOWN & SLEEP PROBLEM

I have the same problem. My computer shut down fully only if i push the shut down buttom for 10 seconds. If i click shut down or sleep in options it still makes sound and the light in shut down buttom is still on. The monitor is off. I have HP Pavilion 15.

What should i do?

MārīteSmalča, Jan 27, 2017
  3. windows 10 not finding second monitor

Unfortunately this still did not solve the issues. The second monitor functions until windows takes over, then it shuts down and will not detect the second monitor

ChrisleahyCA, Jan 27, 2017
  4. Wullail Win User

Second monitor not shutting off with shut down.

Perhaps that's not an option on that make of Monitor.

I bought a power save 4-way for my system , the PC goes into socket 1 , when the PC powers down , the unit turns off sockets 2-4 itself...so monitor and external speakers power down too...

When the PC powers up...they get turned back on again.

Wullail, Jan 27, 2017
  5. Define "shut off"? None of my monitors will power off when my PC shuts down. They all go blank though and eventually go into power save mode. I have to turn them all off manually.

alphanumeric, Jan 28, 2017
  6. Hello again,

By "shut off" I mean that the screen should go black. Currently, it displays a full screen blue color. I used the same BenQ with my prior PC and when the PC shut down the monitor will turn off also and turn back on when the PC is restarted. The first monitor, the ASUS, is working as intended when the PC is shut down.

Thanks for the input.

LegendsTen, Jan 30, 2017
  7. Ok, we're on the same page now. That is weird? I don't have an answer, but now I know exactly what the problem is. My gut says check the monitors settings in its menu, but I have no idea what setting might do that?

alphanumeric, Jan 30, 2017
  8. Wullail Win User

I remember one of my old monitors had a setting which allowed you to define a screen display colour if there was no signal , it's possible that monitor has the setting as an option and it's set to blue.

Wullail, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Second monitor not shutting off with shut down. - Similar Threads - Second monitor shutting

2. Second monitor not being detected after shut down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second monitor not being detected after shut down.: Hi, I was watching a YouTube video when all the sudden my laptop froze. None of my buttons did anything. I couldn't get it to unfreeze so I was forced to hold down the power button and shut down. When I opened my laptop again the display settings had been reset and it wasn't...
  3. Second monitor not being detected after shut down.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second monitor not being detected after shut down.: Hi, I was watching a YouTube video when all the sudden my laptop froze. None of my buttons did anything. I couldn't get it to unfreeze so I was forced to hold down the power button and shut down. When I opened my laptop again the display settings had been reset and it wasn't...
  4. Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly: My laptop is Lenovo 120s 14iap. Recently it keeps randomly shutting down. I checked event viewer and it shows some error event id 41 63, 6008. I did reinstall windows, updated the driver from windows update, and tried some fix from internet. Here i've managed system event log...
  5. Monitor And Screen Shut Off ?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor And Screen Shut Off ?: Hello, Have a new LG Monitor, but pretty sure that this is a W10 issue. (but maybe not ?) I want the screen to shut off after 5 minutes. So, I have it set to that. But, it always comes back on by itself. Absolutely no vibration or jiggling of the keyboard, etc. that might...
  6. Monitor shut down.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor shut down.: My monitor no longer shuts down as set, after 10 minutes. It worked fine before. What can I do to repair it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-shut-down/51c2a6c8-0a83-4069-b5bc-e7f93391bc82
  7. Shut down/Power off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shut down/Power off: I have an HP laptop with windows 10 home. When I choose start/shut down, it closes everything and screen goes blank, but won't power down (off). It used to work. I have to manually turn it off....
  8. Remotely Shut Monitor Off?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remotely Shut Monitor Off?: I access my Home-PC from work using my laptop. Though I let my nephews use it to play games while I'm gone. I would like to try and figure out how I can remotely access my PC and "disconnect" the monitor of sorts while I use it so that the kids do not interfere with it while...
  9. monitor shuts off

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    monitor shuts off: I have a posting in network section, but not sure if that is the right spot. I am posting a question about my son's self built desktop he has had for years. He just had a new mother board and hard drive installed. The company that installed them insisted he put windows 10 on...
  10. Video shut down/off

in Windows 10 Support
    Video shut down/off: I have my monitor set to shut down 10 min after no activity, but it's not. I have checked the settings and it's set to shut off. What else do I need to check? 97115