Windows 10: Second Monitor not working after recent update

Discus and support Second Monitor not working after recent update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I recently plugged in a old NEC LCD1715 monitor, I had laying around for dual screens. I needed a vga to usb port adapter for my HP Omni100 PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CarrolBenoit, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Second Monitor not working after recent update

Hi,

I recently plugged in a old NEC LCD1715 monitor, I had laying around for dual screens. I needed a vga to usb port adapter for my HP Omni100 PC desktop in order to plug the monitor into my computer. I installed the driver that came with the adapter and my windows 10 picked up the monitor but, it would scramble when on standby mode. After the recent windows 10 update my second monitor is no longer working and I get "no signal input" error and black screen. However, when I go to display settings I get the two monitors icons but when I click detect windows does not detect the second monitor. I have tried updating the drivers both for the adapter and the graphic card and nothing works. I know its not the monitor because, I had it working but now it doesn't. What am I missing? Appreciate any help to fix this issue.

Thanks,

Carrol

:)

CarrolBenoit, Jun 28, 2020

2. Second monitor not detected after update

Hi Tom,

There are several reasons that could have caused the issue you are experiencing. One of these is the update you previously performed in Windows, either it was not configured properly by the system or the update components were corrupted. Kindly answer the
    following questions for clarification:

• Have you tried updating the monitor and display drivers?
    • Have you tried to use another user profile to check if the issue re-occurs?

Furthermore, we suggest that you add the other monitor manually. This is to ensure that the second monitor is still connected after the update. Here are the steps:

• Type connected devices and open Connected Devices on the
      Windows Search bar.
    • Click Add devices.
    • Select the Second screen.
    • Pick one of the 3 options: Duplicate, Extend, and the Second screen only.
    • The Duplicate option will duplicate the primary display to secondary display.
    • The Extend option will unite two monitors so you can use them both as one.
    • The Second screen only option will, obviously, disable primary and use only the secondary monitor.
    • Once you’ve chosen the preferred mode, save changes.

We're looking forward to your response.

PreciousLeb, Jun 28, 2020
  3. I accidentally hit the update button instead of postpone and now my second monitor does not work.

Hello,

I suggest you to unplug the cable from the monitor and connect to the second monitor, and check if it works.

Also, suggest you to follow the below steps, and check if it helps.
    1. Press Windows + X, and select Device manager.
    2. Check if the second monitor is listed under Monitor.

Also, recommend you to refer below link answered by

KelvinNikkel , and check if it helps in resolving the issue.
    Why Does My Second Monitor Not Work With The Windows 10 Update?

Do let us know with the update of the issue.

Thank you.

Pratiksha Devadiga, Jun 28, 2020
  4. DaveHD Win User

Second Monitor not working after recent update

Second Monitor is Blank after Windows 10

My setup is a Dell Inspiron 2350 with HDMI to second Monitor, a Dell P2815Q. After upgrading to Windows 10 and updating all drivers and Bios, my second monitor is blank. The system recognizes the second monitor and on very rare occasions, my second monitor
    will work, but within a minute, it begins to derez, flicker and go black. I've tried new cable, different refresh rates, and screen resolutions with no luck. Any suggestions? There is no alternate video output rom the Inspiron to try. Thanks for any suggestions.

DaveHD, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

Second Monitor not working after recent update

1. Second Monitor not working after recent update - Similar Threads - Second Monitor working

2. second monitor not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    second monitor not working: I tried everything I can find online updated the driver, downloaded the driver from AMD website, rolled back driver. updated USB port drivers, restarted my laptop multiple times changed the HDMI to USBC adapter and made sure it works on other PCs. When I go on display...
  3. second monitor not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    second monitor not working: I tried everything I can find online updated the driver, downloaded the driver from AMD website, rolled back driver. updated USB port drivers, restarted my laptop multiple times changed the HDMI to USBC adapter and made sure it works on other PCs. When I go on display...
  4. Second monitor not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second monitor not working: when i connect my laptop to a second monitor , mirror and extend options showing "Input Not Supported" error.but show only screen 2 option works but then i cannot see the main display. can anyone help me to extend my main display....
  5. Second monitor not working

Second monitor not working: when i connect my laptop to a second monitor , mirror and extend options showing "Input Not Supported" error.but show only screen 2 option works but then i cannot see the main display. can anyone help me to extend my main display....
  6. Second Monitor Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second Monitor Not Working: Hello. I just recently reset my pc because of slow performance and just wanted to clear my drive. I set everything up perfectly, but for some reason my second monitor will not work. The monitor is detected, and puts up a display, but i cant move my mouse onto the screen or...
  7. Second Monitor Not Working

Second Monitor Not Working: Hello. I just recently reset my pc because of slow performance and just wanted to clear my drive. I set everything up perfectly, but for some reason my second monitor will not work. The monitor is detected, and puts up a display, but i cant move my mouse onto the screen or...
  8. Second Monitor Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Second monitor not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second monitor not working: I was recently gifted a pc that had windows 10 pro on it and seemed to be working fine. I got a new monitor in the and I cant seem to connect to it. My old monitor was connected with HDMI and was working fine. I connected the new monitor to the same HDMI port and it works but...
  10. Second monitor not working anymore after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Second monitor not working anymore after Windows Update: So I have two monitors for my computer. They both worked totally fine until the last Windows update. Now, my second monitor doesn't work anymore. Here is some information to help you understand what the problem is: When I press the Windows Key + P, I get the following...