Windows 10: Second Monitor Not Working

Discus and support Second Monitor Not Working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello. I just recently reset my pc because of slow performance and just wanted to clear my drive. I set everything up perfectly, but for some reason my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jackson2424, Jan 17, 2022.

1. Second Monitor Not Working

Hello. I just recently reset my pc because of slow performance and just wanted to clear my drive. I set everything up perfectly, but for some reason my second monitor will not work. The monitor is detected, and puts up a display, but i cant move my mouse onto the screen or use it at all. I’ve updated drivers and changed display ports but that still doesn’t seem to fix it. Anyone else know the fix to an issue like this? Thanks

:)

jackson2424, Jan 17, 2022

2. I accidentally hit the update button instead of postpone and now my second monitor does not work.

Hello,

I suggest you to unplug the cable from the monitor and connect to the second monitor, and check if it works.

Also, suggest you to follow the below steps, and check if it helps.
    1. Press Windows + X, and select Device manager.
    2. Check if the second monitor is listed under Monitor.

Also, recommend you to refer below link answered by

KelvinNikkel , and check if it helps in resolving the issue.
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...with-the/3b423a06-d4b1-4e2d-b170-38021f2412ad

Do let us know with the update of the issue.

Thank you.

Pratiksha Devadiga, Jan 17, 2022
  3. Swapna S Win User
    Second monitor turned black, worked before

Hi Hendrik,

I appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I will certainly help you with the issue you are experiencing with the display on second monitor.

This issue might be related to the Intel HD Graphics 3000.

Provide us the additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the exact error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    Please follow below mentioned steps to fix the issue:

I suggest you to download and install the latest Intel HD Graphics 3000 drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if it helps.

Refer to the below link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/search?keyword=HD+Graphics+3000

Please get back to us, if you are still experiencing with the display on second monitor.

Thank you.

Swapna S, Jan 17, 2022
  4. Second Monitor Not Working

Second monitor screen resolution problem

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your second monitor screen resolution, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?

• When did the issue first begin?

• To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try resetting your monitor settings, and check if the issue still persists. You may refer to your monitor on how to reset it.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jan 17, 2022
Thema:

Second Monitor Not Working

1. Second Monitor Not Working - Similar Threads - Second Monitor Working

2. second monitor not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    second monitor not working: I tried everything I can find online updated the driver, downloaded the driver from AMD website, rolled back driver. updated USB port drivers, restarted my laptop multiple times changed the HDMI to USBC adapter and made sure it works on other PCs. When I go on display...
  3. second monitor not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    second monitor not working: I tried everything I can find online updated the driver, downloaded the driver from AMD website, rolled back driver. updated USB port drivers, restarted my laptop multiple times changed the HDMI to USBC adapter and made sure it works on other PCs. When I go on display...
  4. Second monitor not working on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second monitor not working on desktop: I've been using dual monitors for a year now. A week ago, my motherboard was changed due to a malfunction. When the PC comes home, there is no image on my side screen even though I have made all the connections. Things I've tried: - I connected the monitor to a laptop....
  5. Second monitor not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second monitor not working: when i connect my laptop to a second monitor , mirror and extend options showing "Input Not Supported" error.but show only screen 2 option works but then i cannot see the main display. can anyone help me to extend my main display....
  6. Second monitor not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second monitor not working: when i connect my laptop to a second monitor , mirror and extend options showing "Input Not Supported" error.but show only screen 2 option works but then i cannot see the main display. can anyone help me to extend my main display....
  7. Second Monitor Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second Monitor Not Working: Hello. I just recently reset my pc because of slow performance and just wanted to clear my drive. I set everything up perfectly, but for some reason my second monitor will not work. The monitor is detected, and puts up a display, but i cant move my mouse onto the screen or...
  8. Second Monitor Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second Monitor Not Working: Hello. I just recently reset my pc because of slow performance and just wanted to clear my drive. I set everything up perfectly, but for some reason my second monitor will not work. The monitor is detected, and puts up a display, but i cant move my mouse onto the screen or...
  9. Dual Monitor - second monitor not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual Monitor - second monitor not working: I am currently trying to set up a second monitor for my desktop. I have an ACER KG221Q for my primary monitor which is plugged into my graphics card with a HDMI. The second monitor is an old one that we had around the house. It is an ASUS VH203 and is plugged in with a VGA...
  10. Second monitor not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second monitor not working: I was recently gifted a pc that had windows 10 pro on it and seemed to be working fine. I got a new monitor in the and I cant seem to connect to it. My old monitor was connected with HDMI and was working fine. I connected the new monitor to the same HDMI port and it works but...