Windows 10: second monitor on HDMI not recognized anymore after 3 days

Discus and support second monitor on HDMI not recognized anymore after 3 days in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My 1st monitor is connected with an KVM switch using the VGA port of my desktop. It worked perfectly with windows 7 for many years and with windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mandango, Mar 20, 2020.

1. mandango Win User

second monitor on HDMI not recognized anymore after 3 days

My 1st monitor is connected with an KVM switch using the VGA port of my desktop.

It worked perfectly with windows 7 for many years and with windows 10 since last year.

In February I got myself a second monitor which I attached directly to my desktop using the HDMI port of my Intel HD4600 built in graphics MSI H87-G41 PC mate mobo

Windows recognized the 2nd monitor instantly and I configured it as 2nd monitor on top of my 1st VGA monitor.

After 3 days when I booted my PC in the morning the 2nd display was not recognized anymore.

I tried to detect it with the button in the display settings dialogue but no success.

I tried a different HDMI cable and a reboot but no success.

To windows the 2nd monitor was just not there.

Then I updated the Intel driver and "quel surprise" the 2nd monitor was recognized again.

BUT, after another 3 days the HDMI monitor was lost again.

Same problem as above.

I reverted to the older graphics driver from the MSI support page for my mobo and the monitor was recognized again.

BUT, once more after 3 days when I booted my PC the 2nd monitor stayed black.

Same as before, windows just did not recognize it.

I remembered that I also had an DVI output on the mobo, so I connected the 2nd monitor using DVI.

With this, my setup is working for more than a week now.

I have no clue what is going on here.

What makes windows not recognize the HDMI connected monitor after 3 days?

I cannot find anything in the system logs but the effect is like a time bomb.

Maybe someone here has an idea what makes the HDMI connection so unstable.

:)

mandango, Mar 20, 2020

2. Hp computer not recognizing second monitor with HDMI cord

I am using HDMI cord to add a second monitor to my HP computer. So far, cannot get the computer/monitor to recognize each other.

Help?

PatriciaHenry1, Mar 20, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Won't Recognize Second Monitor Via HDMI

Hello,

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    “Karthik Vengaloor” replied on May 19, 2013 in the Microsoft Community link and check if that helps.

windows 8 will not recognize my second monitor

Note: The above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

I hope this information is helpful.

ThofikhAhamad, Mar 20, 2020
  4. MiguelFed Win User

Windows 10 Won't Recognize Second Monitor Via HDMI

LP, I am having trouble with my Asus Monitor! I had to connect the PC HDMI o/p to the monitor's VGA i/p. It worked for a year, then the other day, out of the blue, the PC no longer recognized the monitor. I tried everything, no luck. I had used extended
    screen to watch TV using AverMedia TV tuner connecting my PC to my cable box. Beautiful, inexpensive Flat Screen TV!!!! My PC already attached to my great homemade ghetto blaster sound system. Great until now! Do you have any suggestions for troubleshooting?

MiguelFed, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

1. second monitor on HDMI not recognized anymore after 3 days - Similar Threads - second monitor HDMI

2. Laptop not recognizing HDMI anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop not recognizing HDMI anymore: I was using my laptop normally, until it freezes and i forced it to shut down cause i couldn't even windows tab, when i turn it on again it starts updating and when now that i'm in it doesnt recognize the HDMI anymore, it doesnt appear in the device manager anymore. Tried to...
  3. Laptop not recognizing HDMI anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop not recognizing HDMI anymore: I was using my laptop normally, until it freezes and i forced it to shut down cause i couldn't even windows tab, when i turn it on again it starts updating and when now that i'm in it doesnt recognize the HDMI anymore, it doesnt appear in the device manager anymore. Tried to...
  4. Laptop not recognizing HDMI anymore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Second monitor not recognized

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Second monitor not recognized: On an older Dell laptop i clean reinstalled windows 10 build 19041.572 on a new larger ssd. it is attached to a tv with hdmi as a second monitor which was working as expected after the update. I got it all set up but could not get it to allow me to start up without logging...
  6. Second monitor not recognized

in Windows 10 Support
    Second monitor not recognized: On an older Dell laptop i clean reinstalled windows 10 build 19041.572 on a new larger ssd. it is attached to a tv with hdmi as a second monitor which was working as expected after the update. I got it all set up but could not get it to allow me to start up without logging...
  7. Does not recognize second monitor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Does not recognize second monitor: Hello. so yesterday my both monitors ware working just fine, I turned my computer off for the night since it's been on for like some 4 days. So i turned my pc back on and they started up how they should, but instead of having 2 monitors it just changed the resolution to...
  8. Recognizing a Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recognizing a Second Monitor: Hello. I recently got a second monitor for my computer. The one I have had is an ASUS monitor, and the new one is a Samsung with 4k resolution. I use two video cards with my setup and I have one monitor plugged into one each (Nvidia Geforce GTX 780). If I open up my driver, I...
  9. Second monitor not working anymore after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Second monitor not working anymore after Windows Update: So I have two monitors for my computer. They both worked totally fine until the last Windows update. Now, my second monitor doesn't work anymore. Here is some information to help you understand what the problem is: When I press the Windows Key + P, I get the following...
  10. SECOND MONITOR NOT RECOGNIZED

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SECOND MONITOR NOT RECOGNIZED: i HAVE WINDOWS 10 AND A TOSHIBA LAPTOP. ALTHOUGH FOR YEARS MY TOSHIBA RECOGNIZED MY SECOND HP PORTABLE MONITOR, SUDDENLY WHEN I GO TO SETTINGS, DISPLAY I DO NOT SEE THE SECOND PLUG IN MONITOR I USED FOR YEARS....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dual monitors one will not detect anymore