Windows 10: Second monitor "out of range"

Discus and support Second monitor "out of range" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I'm trying to connect a second monitor to my laptop but when I plug the VGA cable my screen black and the second monitor displays "out of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mclara.lombardi, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Second monitor "out of range"

Hello, I'm trying to connect a second monitor to my laptop but when I plug the VGA cable my screen black and the second monitor displays "out of range". I'm using a VGA to HDMI conversion cable.

The monitor says "no signal" when the cable isn't connected.

I've already tried changing the resolution of my screen and rebooting my laptop in safe mode.

I also tried to connect the monitor to a different laptop with the VGA-HDMI conversion cable and it works.

How can I fix this?

:)

mclara.lombardi, Sep 18, 2020

2. Second monitor 'out of range'

Hello, I have recently bought a second monitor for my homeoffice to use in a dual monitor set-up. When I connect the second monitor, it is recognised by Windows and set with the right frequency and resolution but the display says, 'out of range'.

More information:

The monitors are AOC G2460PF (144Hz), NEC Multisync EA223WM (60Hz).

My graphics card is a Radeon RX 5700 XT.

I am running Windows 10 (64 bit).

I have the latest version of Windows installed.

I have the latest drivers for the monitors installed.

I have the latest driver for my graphics card installed.

I have checked under 'Display Settings > Advanced Display Settings', if the second monitor has the correct resolution and refresh rate.

Maybe most important: When I boot Windows 10 in safe mode with only the second monitor (the NEC) turned on, the monitor works just fine! When I boot Windows 10 normally with only the second monitor turned on, it show the boot loading screen but then returns
    to giving out the 'out of range' message as soon as Windows starts to boot.

I have already tried the following:

Unplug the device and plugging it back in.

Uninstalling and re-installing the drivers for the monitor.

Uninstalling and re-installing the driver for the graphics card.

Any further suggestions as to what I should try?

ThomasWening, Sep 18, 2020
  3. "Out of range" Monitor

Today, after 6 months of using my second monitor (LG 27MK60TM-B) with my ASUS ZenBook (UX330UA-AH55), the LG monitor now reads "out of range." I connected my computer to a different monitor, and the picture is awful, but it works. I tried reinstalling
    the graphics card drivers, following several suggestions from other threads, but no luck. Any ideas?

epingree88, Sep 18, 2020
  4. crionsynx Win User

Second monitor "out of range"

Second monitor 'out of range'

Hi ThomasWening,

I'm an Independent Advisor and consumer of Microsoft products just like you. Let me help you with your concern.

Follow the solution of Mikey Butcher from the link below

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Select a lower resolution with 60Hz rate in the list of valid modes in the display adapter properties of the 2nd monitor.

crionsynx, Sep 18, 2020
Thema:

Second monitor "out of range"

1. Second monitor "out of range" - Similar Threads - Second monitor range

2. Monitor showing out of range .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor showing out of range .: Hello sir, I am using Asus monitor 22 inch . But when i am install windows i used dell small monitor. It's successfully installed. And running better . But the problem is when i am change my monitor asus After star my computer it shows out of range . And i cant go into safe...
  3. Monitor showing out of range .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor showing out of range .: Hello sir, I am using Asus monitor 22 inch . But when i am install windows i used dell small monitor. It's successfully installed. And running better . But the problem is when i am change my monitor asus After star my computer it shows out of range . And i cant go into safe...
  4. Monitor showing out of range .

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Monitor out of range

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitor out of range: I use a dual monitor, one connected through HDMI with a 1920x1080 resolution and the other through a vga to displayport adapter, with a 1366x768 resolution.A few weeks back my adapter for the 2nd monitor stopped working so I bought a new one, the problem is that when I...
  6. Monitor: Input Signal Out of Range

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor: Input Signal Out of Range: Good day! So I have this laptop running Windows 10 with a broken display no display at all and I connected it to a monitor to be able to use it. However, I cannot use it properly since it says "input signal out of range" and a black screen background but the laptop seems to...
  7. "Out of range" Monitor

"Out of range" Monitor: Today, after 6 months of using my second monitor LG 27MK60TM-B with my ASUS ZenBook UX330UA-AH55, the LG monitor now reads "out of range." I connected my computer to a different monitor, and the picture is awful, but it works. I tried reinstalling the graphics card drivers,...
  8. Second monitor 'out of range'

Second monitor 'out of range': Hello, I have recently bought a second monitor for my homeoffice to use in a dual monitor set-up. When I connect the second monitor, it is recognised by Windows and set with the right frequency and resolution but the display says, 'out of range'. More information: The...
  9. TV/Monitor Out Of Range

TV/Monitor Out Of Range: One of my kids uses TV for monitor. TV has 2 video inputs HDMI or VGA. The output is on-board video of i5, Win 10. Everything was working fine for years until one day for whatever reason through right click I selected Display Settings and set something (I don't remember what...
  10. Dual monitor issue - 2nd monitor "out of range"

Dual monitor issue - 2nd monitor "out of range": I’m trying to do a dual monitor setup for my PC using a 4K TV and a 720p monitor (at least I think it’s a 720p). The Operating System is Windows 10 Pro. The graphics card being used is an Asus Nvidia GT 710 2Gb (bought just days ago). The connection for the main monitor...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. NEC EA223WM amd gpu problem