Windows 10: Second monitor problem after sleep mode

Discus and support Second monitor problem after sleep mode in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So i have a dual monitor setup, the main one is connected through DP and the other through HDMI. Whenever I put my pc to sleep mode, and turn it back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RedstonePirate, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Second monitor problem after sleep mode

So i have a dual monitor setup, the main one is connected through DP and the other through HDMI.
    Whenever I put my pc to sleep mode, and turn it back on, all the windows I had on my second monitor move the my main one, and i get a popup from my Radeon Driver, saying that something is wrong with the resolution. My desktop on the second monitor glitches a bit before it turns back to normal. Its not really a problem since it doesn't really close anything, but its pretty anoying...

Any ideas?

submitted by /u/RedstonePirate
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RedstonePirate, Apr 8, 2021

2. Second monitor screen resolution problem

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your second monitor screen resolution, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?

• When did the issue first begin?

• To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try resetting your monitor settings, and check if the issue still persists. You may refer to your monitor on how to reset it.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Apr 8, 2021
  3. Display monitor problem after sleep mode

Ever since the last windows update, I have a problem awakening the system. The message i get is

The current input timing is not supported by the monitor display. Please change your input timing to 1920 x 1080, 60 Hz or any other monitor timing listed as per your monitor specification.

The monitor is a Dell SE2216H

When checking the settings i have found that the display is set to 1920 x 1080, 60 Hz

The only way I can workaround the problem at present is if I switch the power off (never a first choice) and then switch the power back on after 30 seconds.

Once this is done, the screen display appears but I always find that the password never accepts on first attempt.

I would also mention that I previously had sleep mode problems since switching to Windows 10 when I left the PC on overnight (may be related)

AshleyKeithSmith, Apr 8, 2021
  4. emurskp Win User

Second monitor problem after sleep mode

monitor goes into sleep mode

If I'm starting up my PC from sleep mode, my monitor goes into sleep mode 5 - 10 seconds after it gets going. If I'm turning on my PC, this isn't an issue; it works fine. My graphics card is up to date. Help!

emurskp, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

Second monitor problem after sleep mode

1. Second monitor problem after sleep mode - Similar Threads - Second monitor problem

2. Sleep mode after a few seconds of inactivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep mode after a few seconds of inactivity: About a week-ish ago there was an auto update ? for Windows 10 and it logged me out of my work/ institution email and I couldn't access any related application, I had to delete my profile and manually sign in again, but then I realized that leaving my laptop inactive for...
  3. Sleep mode after a few seconds of inactivity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep mode after a few seconds of inactivity: About a week-ish ago there was an auto update ? for Windows 10 and it logged me out of my work/ institution email and I couldn't access any related application, I had to delete my profile and manually sign in again, but then I realized that leaving my laptop inactive for...
  4. Sleep mode after a few seconds of inactivity

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  5. Second monitor goes to sleep mode for no reason

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second monitor goes to sleep mode for no reason: Hello, I have to monitors linked to my GTX 660. Main one through HDMI and the second one to DVI port via VGA adapter monitor has VGA. It's been working fine but whenever I wake my PC up from sleep mode the second monitor VGA one is in sleep mode and after logging in I have...
  6. Do not display the monitor after sleep mode

Do not display the monitor after sleep mode: hi. When the system is turned off from sleep mode Sometimes the monitor does not display. And the monitor screen stays black. But the graphics card is on and the fans are spinning. The keyboard freezes and nothing can be done. I can only restart from the case. This error is...
  7. Monitors flickers after sleep mode

Monitors flickers after sleep mode: window 10 when pc goes power sleep then two monitors starts flickring and does not detect one monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitors-flickers-after-sleep-mode/38a7a361-abd3-4f4a-a2a9-2a62ee2f75a0
  8. Monitor sleep mode

Monitor sleep mode: I have a HP w1907 monitor, the monitor completely went black displays sleep mode, but does indicate no input connection what do i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-sleep-mode/6460684c-52bc-4009-9887-495412e6ae66
  9. Scaling problems after monitor sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    Scaling problems after monitor sleep: Hi, I've searched many forums and can't find a resolution or even a similar issue. I recently went to a fresh install of Windows 10 and noticed shortly after that after the monitor wakes from sleep, there's a good chance that the scaling on my notification/action center will...
  10. USB problem after sleep mode

USB problem after sleep mode: When my computer is reawakened from sleep mode I get several warnings: It warns me that the battery backup is no longer connected; and several warnings that the USB device last connected has malfunctioned. At first I thought it was the printer because I couldn't print so I...