Windows 10: Second monitor resolution issues

Discus and support Second monitor resolution issues in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have a problem with the resolution of my second monitor. I work with two monitors which I switch between occasionally, but I can't seem to find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by julianvan der lee, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Second monitor resolution issues

Hi, I have a problem with the resolution of my second monitor. I work with two monitors which I switch between occasionally, but I can't seem to find the right resolution for either one. The first monitor is pioneer PDP-lx5090, and the second monitor is a sony kdl-32w705b. My laptop is running windows 10 home.

When searching for a solution online I assumed that the pioneer PDP-lx5090 monitor was too old, as the monitor type referred to a Generic PnP Monitor. I tried some solutions for this, like updating the driver automatically and manual, but I could not find the appropriate driver for the Pioneer.

For the other monitorSony, when I checked the advanced display settings the second display refers to the PIONEER_TV instead of the sony monitor. When connected to the sony screen it had the same display adaptor properties as the Pioneer. I do not know how to change this, or if I even need to change this. So if you can see I am out of my element and do not know how to fix this problem.

I hope I have provided enough information. In advance a thank you for helping me.

J. lee

:)

julianvan der lee, Feb 27, 2021

2. Second monitor screen resolution problem

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your second monitor screen resolution, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?

• When did the issue first begin?

• To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try resetting your monitor settings, and check if the issue still persists. You may refer to your monitor on how to reset it.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Feb 27, 2021
  3. Issues while installing a second monitor in Windows 10

Really? I get a canned answer and nothing else? I posted that I had tried everything that I could find posted online. I did read the post that Andre suggested multiple times prior to posting this request for help. None of it helped.

My computer does not recognize that there is a second monitor is plugged in. The small step of changing the settings so I can put stuff on the second monitor ISN'T the issue. I am not that dumb. in the device manager there is only the single monitor listed
    at one point there was a unknown device listed but my computer did not know if it was a monitor or a printer.

There has to be someone out there that knows how to fix this

Please Help

squareknees, Feb 27, 2021
  4. Second monitor resolution issues

second monitor resolution

Everything worked great until I moved my computer. Now, I can not change the resolution on my second monitor. I am using

Windows 10. The resolution bar, only on monitor #2, is greyed out. I tried switching the monitors but either one is stilled greyed out when used as #2. Monitor #1's resolution can be changed , no problem.

Paul m Stark, Feb 27, 2021
Thema:

Second monitor resolution issues

1. Second monitor resolution issues - Similar Threads - Second monitor resolution

2. monitor resolution issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    monitor resolution issue: I recently accidently changed my monitor's resolution to a higher one and now it only shows "Input not supported", It is an old acer monitor, I use a vga cable converter to hdmi to connect to my windows 10 dell laptop. When I plug in the hdmi connecting the monitor to the...
  3. monitor resolution issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    monitor resolution issue: I recently accidently changed my monitor's resolution to a higher one and now it only shows "Input not supported", It is an old acer monitor, I use a vga cable converter to hdmi to connect to my windows 10 dell laptop. When I plug in the hdmi connecting the monitor to the...
  4. Second Monitor issues - There is no second monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Second Monitor issues - There is no second monitor: I have had Windows 10 for a while but now for some reason it thinks I have two monitors (which I dont) and when I try to troubleshoot and go through settings, the settings window is now opening on this invisible second monitor.. Anyone know what to do? I'm not that great...
  5. Changing resolution in second monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Changing resolution in second monitor: I'm running Windows 10 on a Dell XPS15 laptop. I have hooked up a second monitor, and I get the "Input Not Supported" message on the second monitor an older Acer monitor. I believe I can get rid of it by changing the resolution on the second monitor, but I can't figure out...
  6. Monitor Resolution Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor Resolution Issue: I recently got a Samsung 22A300B 21.5" 1080p 60Hz as my temp 3rd monitor. When I hooked it up to my computer through my GTX1080, (even though the monitor says that the optimal resolution for it to be set at is 1080p) windows won't let me increase the resolution above...
  7. Second monitor has wrong resolution

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Second monitor has wrong resolution: for a while, I've been using a Dell E248WFPb (native 1920x1200) connected via VGA on my Dell Optiplex 7040 Micro successfully at it's native resolution. But I just moved the computer to another room, and now that same monitor is a second monitor to a Samsung 2343 (native...
  8. Second monitor, wrong resolution

in Windows 10 Support
    Second monitor, wrong resolution: for a while, I've been using a Dell E248WFPb (native 1920x1200) connected via VGA on my Dell Optiplex 7040 Micro successfully at it's native resolution. But I just moved the computer to another room, and now that same monitor is a second monitor to a Samsung 2343 (native...
  9. Cannot change the resolution of the second monitor

Cannot change the resolution of the second monitor: Dear forum users, I have a Lenovo Thinkpad X200 tablet computer with Windows 10 in use. I usually use two monitors (including the screen from the computer itself) which work fine normally. Sometimes, after I connect the computer to a project to give a presentation, then...
  10. Monitor Resolution Issue

Monitor Resolution Issue: Since upgrading my desktop PC to Windows 10, I've been having an issue with the monitor. Icons are large, and stretched out. So, I went in to change the resolution, and noticed that they display reads as "Generic Non-PnP Monitor," and when I try to change it to a higher...