Windows 10: Second Monitor Restarts When Turning Off

Discus and support Second Monitor Restarts When Turning Off in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When the power settings turn my monitors off after the designated time, my secondary monitor will enter power saving mode. I'll then immediately hear... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PygmieKing, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Second Monitor Restarts When Turning Off

When the power settings turn my monitors off after the designated time, my secondary monitor will enter power saving mode. I'll then immediately hear the sound of a device disconnecting from the system, then reconnecting. At that point, the second monitor will wake up and display a backlight black screen. When I bump the mouse to turn the screens back on, the secondary monitor instantly shows the desktop again, while the primary monitor takes the time to exit power saving mode. Any windows that had been open on the secondary monitor will now show up on the primary monitor instead.

I've tried everything I can find on the internet, to no avail. I even unplugged all extra cables beyond the power and monitors to ensure it wasn't another device somehow keeping only one monitor awake.

Windows 10 Home, Up to Date

GTX 2060 Super

2x Asus Monitors identical connected via DisplayPort to HDMI cables DP on tower end, HDMI on monitor end.

:)

PygmieKing, Dec 8, 2020
Thema:

Second Monitor Restarts When Turning Off

1. Second Monitor Restarts When Turning Off - Similar Threads - Second Monitor Restarts

2. monitor turns off for 2 seconds when windows is turned on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    monitor turns off for 2 seconds when windows is turned on: When Windows is turned on, the monitor goes blank for 2 seconds, and then turns on. it looks very tense, it feels like he is reconnecting. it all started after reinstalling windows, it didn't happen before. new drivers. everything is fine with the monitor, new, the computer...
  3. monitor turns off for 2 seconds when windows is turned on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    monitor turns off for 2 seconds when windows is turned on: When Windows is turned on, the monitor goes blank for 2 seconds, and then turns on. it looks very tense, it feels like he is reconnecting. it all started after reinstalling windows, it didn't happen before. new drivers. everything is fine with the monitor, new, the computer...
  4. monitor turns off for 2 seconds when windows is turned on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. The monitor turns off for two seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The monitor turns off for two seconds: At my house, the light turned off and immediately turned on. Now, when Windows starts, the monitor is working for 5 mins, then the monitor turns off for two seconds, and then turns on and everything is fine. There is no such thing in the BIOS. After starting the monitor...
  6. The monitor turns off for two seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The monitor turns off for two seconds: At my house, the light turned off and immediately turned on. Now, when Windows starts, the monitor is working for 5 mins, then the monitor turns off for two seconds, and then turns on and everything is fine. There is no such thing in the BIOS. After starting the monitor...
  7. The monitor turns off for two seconds

8. The second monitor flickers and turns off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The second monitor flickers and turns off: Hello, I have a laptop and I use a second monitor I have noticed that when I browse certain web pages, my monitor turns off or flickers to off. When I view those web pages on the Laptop screen, the second monitor turns back on and works fine. The laptop screen does not turn...
  9. The second monitor flickers and turns off

The second monitor flickers and turns off: Hello, I have a laptop and I use a second monitor I have noticed that when I browse certain web pages, my monitor turns off or flickers to off. When I view those web pages on the Laptop screen, the second monitor turns back on and works fine. The laptop screen does not turn...
  10. Second monitor connect when the second monitor turn off. when i plug on the monitor, second...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Second monitor connect when the second monitor turn off. when i plug on the monitor, second...: i dont waht really going on. when my second montiro turn off and didnt connect to power source . my leptop detected the second monitor [ATTACH] but the name Generic PnP Monitor not the monitor type. and then i plug the monitor to power resource, the windows wont recognize...