Windows 10: Second monitor signal lost but recognised in Display Settings?

Discus and support Second monitor signal lost but recognised in Display Settings? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi all I have an old Dell Inspiron 3847 that came with HDMI & VDA ports. Up until very recently I was using it with two Eizo EV2336W monitors, one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by PJB, Oct 9, 2019.

1. PJB
    PJB Win User

Second monitor signal lost but recognised in Display Settings?

Hi all

I have an old Dell Inspiron 3847 that came with HDMI & VDA ports. Up until very recently I was using it with two Eizo
    EV2336W monitors, one VGA to VGA and one HDMI to VGA.

About a month or more ago I lost signal on the HDMI one & noticed the HDMI part was bent, I think this must have happened before as I used it for something else and when I wiggled it it worked (like an old Walkman headphone socket!) but eventually it died so I thought best to throw it out and replace it.

Found that I also had a short lead HDMI to VGA converter so plugged that in and it worked fine but every now and then would flicker. Now I don't think this is a PC problem as it also flickered when I used it as a second moniter for my laptop.

Then I lost all signal with the converter so ordered an HDMI to DisplayPort lead and just plugged that in but nothing, went to display setting and it doen't recognise a second display as being present. When I use the HDMI to VGA it does recognise a monitor as being present but there is no signal, so I can identify it it but cannot see the 1 come up as no signal. Also the screen shutdowns into eco mode very quickly (not sure if last part is in anyway relevant).

I've also tried to update the graphics driver Intel 4400 but when I do from device manager it says it is up to date (version 20.19.15.4531) but when I go on the dell site it tells me it needs updating but then when I update it says it cannot & I need to go to Intel, went to Intel and guess what it said? You need to go to Dell!!!

Can anyone help with what this might be please?

All input gratefully received and very much appreciated.

:)

2. Elmer San Win User

Second Monitor has No Signal

Hi,

To assist you further with your concern about no signal on your second monitor, we would like to get some information from you:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Did you try to check if the second monitor will work if installed as the primary monitor?
    • Aside from checking the cables, did you try to use a different cable?
    • Are the right monitor drivers installed on your computer?
    • Does your video card has the right settings for using two monitors?
    • Did you update your video card driver?

We are waiting for your reply.

Elmer San, Oct 9, 2019
  3. khsu Win User
    Error: No signal on second monitor after upgrade to Windows 10

Hi,

My PC connects to 2 monitors. The first one is HP LP2465, and the second one is the Wacom Cintiq 21UX (2010, this monitor is also a tablet). It has been working well after I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10. A couple of weeks ago I suddenly lost the Cintiq.

When I restart the computer, I can see the BIOS screen, then see the windows logo on both screens, then the first monitor would just show login screen and the second monitor would report no signal.

I updated my Windows, also downloaded the latest driver for my Radeon HD 6570. When I right clicked on the desktop and chose "Display" it shows only 1 monitor. I have been searching the internet and tried various suggestions but nothing works. The computer
    can't seem to detect the second monitor at all.

Please help.

Original title: Lost Second Monitor After Windows 10 Update

khsu, Oct 9, 2019
  4. Second monitor signal lost but recognised in Display Settings?

Second Monitor has No Signal

I recently updated my computer to windows 10 and bought new monitors but I can't get my second monitor to receive any signal. One monitor is connected directly to my vga port but the other monitor is plugged into a DVI-I port with a vga to DVI-I adapter.
    My desktop recognizes that there is a second monitor and I've checked both the cords and the adapter for the monitor several times. I've looked at several forums and tried every setting I can think of but even though the monitor is set to extended it still
    doesn't get any signal even though windows can be dragged into that monitor.

court_shields, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

Second monitor signal lost but recognised in Display Settings?

1. Second monitor signal lost but recognised in Display Settings? - Similar Threads - Second monitor signal

2. Monitor is displaying no signal message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor is displaying no signal message: I have tried different monitors, different cables and I have tried a graphics card, I still get the no signal message https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-is-displaying-no-signal-message/57bb7f49-ae8b-4e10-bc29-93764567bffb
  3. Monitor is displaying no signal message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor is displaying no signal message: I have tried different monitors, different cables and I have tried a graphics card, I still get the no signal message https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-is-displaying-no-signal-message/57bb7f49-ae8b-4e10-bc29-93764567bffb
  4. Second monitor lost signal after restart or sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second monitor lost signal after restart or sleep: Hi there,I have an issue with my Windows 10 to detect my second monitor. My computer has GVA output and Displayport output. I connect two monitors, one is connected with GVA port, another one is connected with displayport. The second monitor has HDMI input port only, so I use...
  5. Second monitor lost signal after restart or sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second monitor lost signal after restart or sleep: Hi there,I have an issue with my Windows 10 to detect my second monitor. My computer has GVA output and Displayport output. I connect two monitors, one is connected with GVA port, another one is connected with displayport. The second monitor has HDMI input port only, so I use...
  6. Second monitor lost signal after restart or sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. LG Monitor connects for 5 seconds then disconnects and displays "No Signal"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    LG Monitor connects for 5 seconds then disconnects and displays "No Signal": submitted by /u/woopsteez [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f9cjxt/lg_monitor_connects_for_5_seconds_then/
  8. Display Settings for Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Display Settings for Second Monitor: Display setting is not working for my second monitor since installing Windows 10 on my PC. It does not allow me to set up second monitor, please help. Have check driver set up, still not working....
  9. Second display no signal

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Second display no signal: Since the 1703 update, when windows 10 boot to login in screen, the two displays will go into 'power saving' status. Then windows 10 only give signature to main display. Second one no signature unless I do win+p key and select another display mode, then back to 'extend'. The...
  10. Windows 10 second monitor no signal

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 second monitor no signal: Hello, I haven't been able to get my second monitor working after doing a clean install of windows 10. It is detected in the windows display settings and has the correct resolution but it says no input on the second monitor. The only problem I've noticed is in the nvidia...